NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Buy Low - Sell High 2017

TonyVH

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as somebody who owns Lamar Miller, AJ Green, Greg Olsen, and TY Hilton....I can tell you I'm pretty frustrated.

Out of all of those names the one I'm most concerned about is TY Hilton.

I bet you can grab Hilton and an RB2 for an Amari Cooper type. If you think Luck will be back sooner than later and your team can tread water till then, you might come out ahead.

As far as AJG goes....hard to move him with the O-coordinator being replaced. You get the feeling he is going to average 12+ targets a game going forward.

Greg Olsen is listed because I'm really down on Cam.....he appears to be the 3rd or 4th option on this team and Cam looked like s--- in the opener.

Finally Lamar Miller....probably average close to 20 touches a game, but almost seems at this point like JAG. I would love to package Miller/Hilton for a WR1 or RB1.

13 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Finally Lamar Miller....probably average close to 20 touches a game, but almost seems at this point like JAG. I would love to package Miller/Hilton for a WR1 or RB1.

Lol ain't nobody gonna give you an RB1 for that trash combo

31 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Crowell buy low

I feel like it's still so early that draft capital invested will still value him highly in the minds of most owners, even if after week 1 they feel like it's more of the same from last year.  Let him struggle mightily again against the Ravens to have them complete distraught and ready to part ways.

1 minute ago, CharlesCC2 said:

I feel like it's still so early that draft capital invested will still value him highly in the minds of most owners, even if after week 1 they feel like it's more of the same from last year.  Let him struggle mightily again against the Ravens to have them complete distraught and ready to part ways.

Agreed. I should have noted those are guys just to target and keep in mind. Crowell especially after he plays Baltimore.

42 minutes ago, dogfightgiggle said:

Lots of teams had rough offensive debuts so there are plenty of buy low targets.

I'd echo those who recommend going after Abdullah.   I'll add Brandon Marshall who has to be going for peanuts right now.

Totally disagree.  Abdullah has never been anything, Riddick is still there, and painkillers have taken their tole on Marshall.  He's done.

I like buying low on AJ Green and Brandon Marshall.  I think if you can pick up Marshall for peanuts as depth, solid choice.

I'm not supremely confident enough in Marshall's rest-of-season outlook though to pay market value for him.

Cohen may be a sell high, unless you're in full-point PPR.

In my friends-and-family league, my father actually owns Brandon Marshall, so I'm trying to figure out how to pay peanuts for him without it coming off looking like collusion lol.