NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Buy Low - Sell High 2017

TonyVH

17 minutes ago, Queso said:

Would you honestly take Dez over Diggs at this point?

I like that Dez has 25 targets in 2 games

and Diggs has 25 targets in 3 games

It's hard for me to move a guy with an ADP of 64 ahead of a guy with ADP of 19 (late 2nd rounder) because of three weeks.

I understand the mentality of draft cost going out the window once the season starts... but I'm not there yet.   

But, just the fact that Diggs is being compared to 2nd/3rd rounders says a lot about his talent, and his season so far. 

And I know some think Dez is on the rapid decline. I don't. I think he has a very good season ahead of him, despite the tough matchups. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/19/2017 at 6:21 PM, Nyblazer11235 said:

Jesus another cook fanboy. As I've said I think his first game showing was more a product of the saints d then the minny offense. 

The line was crap last year, what exactly changed? Bradford banged up who knows the full deal there.

i just don't envision many positive game scripts that allow him to run wild like he did in week 1. And you could probably still sell him in some leagues as a low end rb1 based off that game, which I don't think he is.

Looks like week 2 was not a selling opportunity for Dalvin Cook

Edited by jspeed

5 hours ago, alexander1231 said:

Covered at Wide Receiver but absolutely atrocious at RB...looking to move 1 of Julio, Nelson, Michael Thomas - opinions on what RB's are even close to equal value for 1 of these guys when it comes to buying or selling.

Maybe try making a move for Shady? Although he hasn't been bad, he hasn't been great either.. and for me in both my leagues the Shady owners are not happy at all...

Another one would be Jordan Howard, but his stock shot up after yesterday's game.. keep an eye out for his injury report... if he's hurting you might get a desperate owner

11 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Amari Cooper is probably a good buy low right now. Pryor too if you think he will rebound 

Do you think cooper will pick it up? I'm worried that Crabtree has sort of become the 1A reciever and Jared cook is going to steal a ton of red zone looks.

Sell High

RB: Gurley, Montgomery, Howard, Cohen, Thompson

WR: Diggs, Thielen, Sanders, Parker, Hogan, Fitz, Watkins, Hilton

Buy Low

QB: Matt Ryan

RB: Mixon, Carson, McCoy, Woodhead

WR: Green, Julio, M. Thomas, Dez, Cooper, Hopkins, Cooks, Moncrief, Bryant

TE: Doyle

Matt Ryan should be your biggest buy low in all of your leagues. He gets the Saints twice and Bucs once in fantasy playoffs. If your team is solid it's worth slightly overpaying to get him now because that's going to be the #1 projected QB heading into fantasy playoffs.

Had to edit this to also put this one in there, but if you've got the bench spot add Josh Gordon. I wouldn't really classify that as a buy low, but if he gets reinstated you're going to hate yourself for not picking him up. With Coleman sidelined he would instantly become the #1 there.

Edited by CamNewton

10 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

I'll eat crow for a week. I still stand by my position thou. Bradford can't stay healthy and keenum is not the second coming of kurt warner

You wouldn't be a Packer fan by chance would you?  Cook is legit and if Hunt wasn't burning up the league on record pace, Cook would be in discussion for ROY this early.  The offensive line is greatly improved and the offense is stretching the field. It's not an mirage.  Cook is the real deal running and receiving.  I wouldn't sell Cook for many at this point.

47 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

Sell High

Buy Low

Matt Ryan should be your biggest buy low in all of your leagues. He gets the Saints twice and Bucs once in fantasy playoffs. If your team is solid it's worth slightly overpaying to get him now because that's going to be the #1 projected QB heading into fantasy playoffs.

Had to edit this to also put this one in there, but if you've got the bench spot add Josh Gordon. I wouldn't really classify that as a buy low, but if he gets reinstated you're going to hate yourself for not picking him up. With Coleman sidelined he would instantly become the #1 there.

Not sure I would sell any of those in the high category.  If anything people missed to buy low on those guys.

50 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

Sell High

Buy Low

Personally, prob wouldn't be looking to sell any of the guys you list in the high cat beside Thompson. I doubt though any1 actually pays anything for Thompson anyway.

52 minutes ago, Steven Juan Supre said:

What kind of value do we think Carlos Hyde has currently?

I'm a big fan of him under the new coaching staff but always slightly worried about his injury concerns and getting tempted to try move him for a high end WR. 

Thoughts/feelings/feedback? 

I'm thinking about this too.  Guy in my PPR league needs a RB badly.  Think I might be able to get Mike Evans from him but I have Gordon and not much else for RB's, while my WR corps is a little deeper.  Long story short, it depends on the other guy's roster.  He has a lot of WR depth but absolutely nothing for RB's.  RB is such a wasteland that I feel good RB's should maybe be untouchable.

Edited by ccimore

8 hours ago, CamNewton said:

Sell High

Buy Low

Might have missed your buy low on Green.  Everyone was anxious to see what week 3 would bring with the change at OC and after Green's comments, and we pretty much got exactly what we thought we would.  Can't imagine many would sell low if they think this is a trend that will continue.

14 minutes ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Is Kirk Cousins a buy low or is this kinda who he is without Sean McVay as his OC?

I've own him for about 2 years straight and I have never seen him get off to this bad start.

His playoff schedule isn't great but he's a good buy low if he can get some consistency.

1 hour ago, Butters said:

Not sure why considering Diggs more valuable than Dez is laughable. I doubt many Diggs owners would trade him straight up for Dez. Why would they other than name brand?

Buy low to me is McCoy. 

I think the "lol" is directed at Diggs being an elite WR1.  That's pretty bold to say three weeks into the season, when he was previously thought to be a high variance / boom or bust WR2/3.  

Diggs' value has obviously only risen since the draft, and Dez's has fallen, so their value is going to intersect somewhere.  For me I absolutely agree that I would be taking Diggs over Dez right now if I could choose, but I think overall on the market Dez's name value still probably costs a bit more.