NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Buy Low - Sell High 2017

TonyVH

26 minutes ago, FlyingElvis said:

Is CJ Anderson a buy low? One monster week against Dallas in which the Broncos dominated the game sandwiched between two average ones. Or, is there genuine belief that Charles will steal touches like he did in Week 3.

+1 for this question....I'm not even sure if the owner is selling, but I was thinking about throwing out a few offers as well....

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now might be a good time to sell high on Diggs.  That offense is not going to move the same with a Murray/McKinnon committee, and there's probably going to be a QB carousel for the rest of the season.  Diggs has a history of starting hot and then completely disappearing for weeks at a time.  But as of right now, he sure looks like a WR1.

Edited by eg4190

9 minutes ago, USWAY said:

Martavis a buy low? I'm trying to dangle him and some sort of package for a RB to replace Cook, not sure what I could get because I'm not sure what the majority of people feel about him.

I think the consensus is that he is garbage...maybe Donta Foreman or some clear backup with minimal upside

13 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

I think the consensus is that he is garbage...maybe Donta Foreman or some clear backup with minimal upside

Yeah, but as a Martavis owner, why even bother making that trade?  He's been a disappointment, but he's also about two drops away from replicating his 2015 season.  Why trade a bench asset with upside for a bench asset with zero upside except in the event of a Miller injury?

I get that the Cook owners are desperate, but trading him for a non-startable player is just going to make your team worse.

31 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

I don't think that is at all the consensus.  The whole Pittsburgh offense has been suspect to this point.  Bryant will have some good days ahead.  

I'd buy him if I could...  but I think I'd get laughed off the stage if I threw D'Onta Foreman out there for him.  

thought I'd start a thread on speculative buys- guys who due to changes either at the coaching position or at QB that might see their numbers increase going forward. last year a speculative buy saved my season. 

ie greens poor start to the season would have made him a great speculative buy once CIN sacrificed their OC so Marvin could Marvin. 

for example I'm thinking this week a good speculative buy might be jordan howard. with trubinski starting now, its possible fox gives jordan the workload that made him such a fantasy beast in the latter part of last season in order to keep trubinski upright and acclimate him to the speed of the game. bit of an underwhelming season so far due to injury and the emergence of Cohen so still might command a reasonable price tag. 

like I said- it's speculative. and john fox is as unpredictable as they come. but no risk it, no biscuit. 

Edited by bigfatandugly

12 minutes ago, bigfatandugly said:

thought I'd start a thread on speculative buys- guys who due to changes either at the coaching position or at QB that might see their numbers increase going forward. last year a speculative buy saved my season. 

ie greens poor start to the season would have made him a great speculative buy once CIN sacrificed their OC so Marvin could Marvin. 

for example I'm thinking this week a good speculative buy might be jordan howard. with trubinski starting now, its possible fox gives jordan the workload that made him such a fantasy beast in the latter part of last season in order to keep trubinski upright and acclimate him to the speed of the game. bit of an underwhelming season so far due to injury and the emergence of Cohen so still might command a reasonable price tag. 

like I said- it's speculative. and john fox is as unpredictable as they come. but no risk it, no biscuit. 

EDIT: I started this as a separate thread. mods threw it in here. a speculative buy is neither a buy low or sell high. usually a speculative buy is a lateral move and usually not cheap but may increase your teams future value given the circumstances mentioned above. I shouldn't even have to explain this on a FF forum

5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Buy low if not on your waiver Danny Woodhead, Ravens backfield is a mess and none of the 3 current rbs is getting anything done. 

Ravens bye is week 10 and he should be back week 11

the guy is dropped in a lot of leagues.. why pick up him now.. just wait till 9/10

6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Buy low if not on your waiver Danny Woodhead, Ravens backfield is a mess and none of the 3 current rbs is getting anything done. 

Ravens bye is week 10 and he should be back week 11

Collins looks promising - if he can hold on to the football he's definitely a natural runner.