NBC Sports Edge Forums

Buy Low - Sell High 2017

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious what people feel they would spend FAAB on Martavis or Amari.  I'm interested in selling them off my roster for straight cash homie, but not sure what price to ask... is $40 too much?  Surely they would go for at least that much if I were to drop them, so that seems reasonable to me.   

Edit: if this isn't really the right place, let me know

Edited by jonasdash
Just now, jonasdash said:

Curious what people feel they would spend FAAB on Martavis or Amari.  I'm interested in selling them off my roster for straight cash homie, but not sure what price to ask... is $30-40 too much?  Surely they would go for at least that much if I were to drop them, so that seems reasonable to me.  

Too little, I think Amari would be would close to your full budget and Martavis at least half.  I don't play in a league with FAAB though so I might be really off base but that's just my gut feeling comparing both to what's typically available on the wire

I may be undervaluing them, because the more I think about it - you're probably right that Cooper would be a 60-80 FAAB if he was just sitting on the waiver wire.  Going to think a bit on it and might see if people want to make some offers

4 hours ago, 10giz said:

Is Hogan a good buy high?

Really loving his usage and the TD upside is truly great. 

Would like to sell Hogan high myself, although I think he's going to have a good season. People still don't want to give close to what his real value is.

2 hours ago, jonasdash said:

I may be undervaluing them, because the more I think about it - you're probably right that Cooper would be a 60-80 FAAB if he was just sitting on the waiver wire.  Going to think a bit on it and might see if people want to make some offers

I just sold Amari and had to throw in $20 FAAB to aqcuire Kamara

11 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

Would like to sell Hogan high myself, although I think he's going to have a good season. People still don't want to give close to what his real value is.

He's getting the targets. He's getting the RZ looks. He's in the perfect offense. Patriots haven't even begun their inevitable return to form this year.

Amendola and Gronk have extensive injury histories. 

With nearly every game remaining likely to require the Pats to throw, this guy is making a case for unquestionable WR1 status.

Yes, he's bound for some TD regression but he's also being thrown to by the league leader in passing yardage. Tied for 2nd with 11 RZ targets with 4 RZ TDs (also tied for 2nd).

Wondering if he's a WR that can be acquired that will continue strong WR1 numbers ROS.

4 minutes ago, 10giz said:

He's getting the targets. He's getting the RZ looks. He's in the perfect offense. Patriots haven't even begun their inevitable return to form this year.

Amendola and Gronk have extensive injury histories. 

With nearly every game remaining likely to require the Pats to throw, this guy is making a case for unquestionable WR1 status.

Yes, he's bound for some TD regression but he's also being thrown to by the league leader in passing yardage. Tied for 2nd with 11 RZ targets with 4 RZ TDs (also tied for 2nd).

Wondering if he's a WR that can be acquired that will continue strong WR1 numbers ROS.

I have questionable RBs and I'm looking to either package him with Ajayi for the next tier of RB (which isn't likely), or shipping him for someone like Kamara + WR2/Flex type to the OBJ owner, to give you a gauge of what I'm trying to get for him.

Edited by yahyahtrick
10 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

I have questionable RBs and I'm looking to either package him with Ajayi for an upgrade at RB (which isn't likely), or shipping him for someone like Kamara + WR2/Flex type, to give you a gauge of what I'm trying to get for him.

I'd be surprised/impressed if you even fetch Kamara for him in ppr. 

4 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

I'd be surprised/impressed if you even fetch Kamara for him in ppr. 

Maybe, I don't know if my league is as high on him as the RotoWorld forums (aka hypeland), plus the bye may have cooled his hype down a little. He's running Benjamin / Sanders / Watkins out as his WRs now. If he's one of the few in my league that considers Hogan a WR1, I may be able to pull it off. It's .5 PPR, but that prob doesn't change anything. He also has 2 top 5 backs starting for him.

All leagues and situations are different. We'll see.

Edited by yahyahtrick

Good ones mentioned already so I will throw one out there. Jay Crowder could be a good buy low. He's been nicked up. Cousins has obvious chemistry with him. Hopefully the bye week got him some rest and can come out and perform like he was drafted to be.

6 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Good ones mentioned already so I will throw one out there. Jay Crowder could be a good buy low. He's been nicked up. Cousins has obvious chemistry with him. Hopefully the bye week got him some rest and can come out and perform like he was drafted to be.

Dropped in my 12 team .5 pppr

Sold high on Will Fuller. Packaged him with Cohen to get Davante Adams. Could come back to bite me. We'll see..

Also sold Latavius Murray and Derrick Henry for Chris Hogan. Not really a sell high, but apparently the guy believes in Murray.

Happy with both trades.

Honestly not sure why anyone would sell Gurley right now. He basically lost 8 points on one play in the FIRST DRIVE of the game last week. If he holds on to the ball and scores a TD, nobody is even REMOTELY concerned about him or his schedule. Aside from the fumble and the momentum that they lost from it, Goff threw the ball like 47 times for some odd reason, against one of the best secondaries in the NFL. Why on earth they would not feed the ball to Gurley at least 20 times in that game is beyond me, but they paid for it. I have a feeling this week against the Jags, Gurley will be seeing the ball minimum 25 times and will be right back where he was before last week. Maybe not a 30 point game, but minimum 15-20 in ppr.

3 minutes ago, datsyuk said:

Honestly not sure why anyone would sell Gurley right now. He basically lost 8 points on one play in the FIRST DRIVE of the game last week. If he holds on to the ball and scores a TD, nobody is even REMOTELY concerned about him or his schedule. Aside from the fumble and the momentum that they lost from it, Goff threw the ball like 47 times for some odd reason, against one of the best secondaries in the NFL. Why on earth they would not feed the ball to Gurley at least 20 times in that game is beyond me, but they paid for it. I have a feeling this week against the Jags, Gurley will be seeing the ball minimum 25 times and will be right back where he was before last week. Maybe not a 30 point game, but minimum 15-20 in ppr.

I had Gurley two weeks and sold him after his huge game against Dallas for Fournette in a keeper league. I would not sell Gurley unless you are getting very equal value. I got some pretty terrible offers though, guys like Ajayi and Cooper for Gurley was just an example.

1 minute ago, shakennbakee said:

I had Gurley two weeks and sold him after his huge game against Dallas for Fournette in a keeper league. I would not sell Gurley unless you are getting very equal value. I got some pretty terrible offers though, guys like Ajayi and Cooper for Gurley was just an example.

Fournette, Bell, or Hunt would be the ONLY 3 players I would possibly trade Gurley for right now. I already own Antonio Brown, so that is out of the question. But yes, I agree, unless you are getting one of the other elite RB's, you are best to hold on to him. Like I said, if he holds on to the ball last week, he has a MINIMUM of 13 points in ppr scoring, against a very tough SEA defense. That is essentially his floor in my opinion right now.