Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Buy Low - Sell High 2017


TonyVH
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Sell high- Delvin Cook. Yes bradfords health is ? But it's one game here. Prime time game against a saints defense which just looked gassed in the second half. Cook had some decent runs but that offensive line is still a concern for me. I liked him a lot and drafted him but if you can sell for good value and have the depth, I advise to do so. Didn't the Vikings do this in their home opener last year only to decline? 

 

For what it's worth, I have the rb depth in a 16 team league and said goodbye to Cook after week 1. Now I welcome Julio Jones to the team. I doubt anyone gets value like that but the rb injuries are increasing trade values to owners that can afford it. 

 

Another roto site who's name rhymes with PantasyFros, does a rest of season consensus ranking.  They have Dalvin Cook as the #11 RB currently.  So in a more realistic trade you'd get the likes of Keenan Allen or Doug Baldwin.

 

That still sound like a good sell high?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jspeed said:

 

Another roto site who's name rhymes with PantasyFros, does a rest of season consensus ranking.  They have Dalvin Cook as the #11 RB currently.  So in a more realistic trade you'd get the likes of Keenan Allen or Doug Baldwin.

 

That still sound like a good sell high?

If you need a wr. I like baldwin better than Allen. I think the chargers have plenty of weapons on offense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jspeed said:

 

Another roto site who's name rhymes with PantasyFros, does a rest of season consensus ranking.  They have Dalvin Cook as the #11 RB currently.  So in a more realistic trade you'd get the likes of Keenan Allen or Doug Baldwin.

 

That still sound like a good sell high?

Or AJ Green

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

 

Almendola never lasts long. There's a reason he's still on most wires even though it looked like he assumed the Edleman role last game. 

 

I think it could be a big mistake to let Glassmandola sit around if you have space for him.  Like you said, he pretty much took the Edelman role entirely, and the usage between him and Hogan was MILES apart.  Hogan was basically an afterthought in comparison.  Amendola's concussion history plus this sudden knee issue justifiably give concern, and even reason to completely stay away, but I think the upside is too great to ignore when we hardly have any real news on his status (aside from being out this week).  If we're still seeing Amendola - DNP (head) throughout the week, you can cut bait easily.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Buy low:

Gronk, Green, Reed, Graham, Mixon, DJ, Brady

 

Sell high:

Hooper, Bradford

 

Nobody is buying Bradford high or low, as there's a good chance he won't make it through the season (let alone make it onto the field today). And no one is selling low on Gronk, Green, Reed, Graham, or Brady----not yet----though I've seen DJ and Mixon go low, though hard to say what the market price is.

 

I'd suggest TY Hilton is a great buy low candidate.

 

and after today, if Bradford sits and if the stunning Viking offense we saw last week falls apart, I'd suggest Diggs, Thielen, and possibly Cook might be buy-low candidates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

 

Nobody is buying Bradford high or low, as there's a good chance he won't make it through the season (let alone make it onto the field today). And no one is selling low on Gronk, Green, Reed, Graham, or Brady----not yet----though I've seen DJ and Mixon go low, though hard to say what the market price is.

 

I'd suggest TY Hilton is a great buy low candidate.

 

and after today, if Bradford sits and if the stunning Viking offense we saw last week falls apart, I'd suggest Diggs, Thielen, and possibly Cook might be buy-low candidates.

 

Applies to dynasty as well as redraft. For example, you can probably get Gronk for Hooper + a 2018 1st based on their week 1 performances. That window will slam shut once Gronk torches NO today. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nguvocity said:

Buy Low:

AJ Green

Michael Thomas

Isaiah Crowell

Joe Mixon

 

Sell High: 

Stephon Diggs

Kareem Hunt

Rob Gronkowski

 

 

Agree on AJ, Thomas, Mixon.  But I have never been a Crowell believer. no interest in him on my squad. 

 

Sell high on Hunt?  Not sure about that one.  If I did have him, I'd be keeping him.  He's good and going to get a million touches on an Andy Reid offense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

 

DeVante Parker?  No owner in his right mind would sell right now.  Hilton, you have to know the status of Luck.  

 

Lamar Miller sucks.  

 

 

Right now is about as low as you will get for Parker because he didnt meet the hype as Landry hogged the targets and in a week or 2 devante is going to connect on some big plays and his price will be unrealistic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

Right now is about as low as you will get for Parker because he didnt meet the hype as Landry hogged the targets and in a week or 2 devante is going to connect on some big plays and his price will be unrealistic. 

OK, I can buy that... but you'd have to be dealing with an amateur owner.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...