NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Buy Low - Sell High 2017

TonyVH

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Random Dude said:

The only RBs that I'd rather own over Hunt are Bell and Elliott.... 

I don't think Hunt is going to puke like Zeke did today.

Hunt is well on his way as the top Rb this year. He's already averaging 35 ppg (I know it's skewed.)

im waiting until Hunt sucks, but it doesn't look like it'll happen.

42 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I want to say Doug Baldwin, but that offense looks like complete trash.

Go buy Keenan Allen off a terrified owner. He looks amazing.

Sell Gilislee. 32 TD pace. Yeah right.

I doubt Allen's owner will sell low in a PPR.

Gillislee might not score 32 TDs but he does look like the go-to GL back for a team that made LeGarrette Blount look like a RB2 last year.

Phillip Dorsett, if the knee injury is just 4 qtr soreness/being pulled from a blowout thing. People are still sleeping on this guy. IND basically drafted without having a clear plan and not developing him properly. Now he gets scooped up by Hoodie and flashes big time in his second game and not just as a deep threat. Last week he was free and he's probably still pretty cheap. Stash worthy. 

Edited by pikerbkb

5 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

What's Mixon worth? What should someone offer for him? Cinci's backfield seems incredibly unpredictable. 

Seems like offense will have an overhaul. Not saying they will be better, but Mixon needs more carries and I think he gets it. He could be a RB2 if Cincy coordinators don't want to get fired. Toss low balls and see if anything bites.

5 minutes ago, wiz said:

so NOBODY is selling high on hunt? not even to get a ajayi, gurley, freeman or Gordon?

no, no fun if you dont enjoy the ride and if he keeps up being a super stud for someone else while you cant enjoy the gem you found, deal him for bell zeke thats about it imo but i wouldnt call you stupid if you did decide to deal him for one of the RBs doing more of what was expected

9 minutes ago, wiz said:

so NOBODY is selling high on hunt? not even to get a ajayi, gurley, freeman or Gordon?

I was wrong on him already. I said sell a week ago and I think that may be the wrong move now. Seems like KC really likes this guy and their offense has improved. He will be involved catching as well. I think he is a HOLD 

17 minutes ago, wiz said:

Looking at another site's ROS rankings, Hunt is the RB7 behind only Bell, Elliot, McCoy, Montgomery, and Freeman.

I personally would only even think about trading him for Freeman or Bell.  I probably wouldn't pull the trigger on either of those right now.

39 minutes ago, wiz said:

I'd think about it if Zeke was offered. That's it (Side note: have both in 2-keeper league:).

Would not immediately reject AB if hurting at WR. Probably take a couple minutes to say No.

Bilal Powell - buy very low

Ameer Abdullah - depending on tonight's performance, maybe price goes up or down

CJA - sell high, don't see him keeping up pace all year (maybe can get Hyde+slight upgrade elsewhere)

Jimmy Graham - if healthy, this team has habit of starting slow; buy low

Reed/Pryor/Crowell/Cousins - speaking of slow start habits... buy low

Jordan Howard - sigh, buy low

Donte Moncrief - buy low, everyone's talking about bailing on TY

Cooks - buy low if possible, NE is in the middle of figuring out its offense design; when they do, Cooks will be no worse than average Baldwin

DeSean Jackson - buy low from an owner who didn't watch the game

Doug Martin/Quizz - sell high

Crowell - ???

Lynch - buy low, usage will increase as season goes

Mike Thomas - will be tough but buy low if possible

On Reed, Crowell, Powell, Graham, Howard, Lynch: I have all these guys across 3 leagues; hate it right now, but potential is there. I put Howard on there only because owners, like myself, are desperate and depressed after 2 weeks but he can't be this bad all year; still 50 ypg 12 td potential (as a floor). Bust of a draft pick but useful player

4 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Jordan Howard - sigh, buy low

Cooks - buy low if possible, NE is in the middle of figuring out its offense design; when they do, Cooks will be no worse than average Baldwin

Mike Thomas - will be tough but buy low if possible

On Reed, Crowell, Powell, Graham, Howard, Lynch: I have all these guys across 3 leagues; hate it right now, but potential is there. I put Howard on there only because owners, like myself, are desperate and depressed after 2 weeks but he can't be this bad all year; still 50 ypg 12 td potential (as a floor). Bust of a draft pick but useful player

Jordan Howard down to RB16 on ROS rankings (near Mike Gillislee, Lamar Miller, DeMarco Murray)... definitely a good buy low at that price

Cooks is still too high for me (WR8 near Michael Thomas, Amari Cooper, and Jordy Nelson)

Mike Thomas is priced correctly at WR6

15 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I don't think Hunt is going to puke like Zeke did today.

Hunt is well on his way as the top Rb this year. He's already averaging 35 ppg (I know it's skewed.)

im waiting until Hunt sucks, but it doesn't look like it'll happen.

Pump the brakes, I own Hunt in two leagues, but it's Week 2!!

15 weeks to go bra

1 hour ago, wiz said:

I wouldn't have an issue with it, but I do think it's largely a lateral move. I feel like most of the guys you mention are of about teh same tier. I could see any of the five placing in any particular order. So if you would do it I wouldn't knock it, but I don't think you're gaining anything by trading Hunt for anyone short of the top 2. 

15 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I want to say Doug Baldwin, but that offense looks like complete trash.

Go buy Keenan Allen off a terrified owner. He looks amazing.

Sell Gilislee. 32 TD pace. Yeah right.

I don't get this. What is there to be terrified of. Like you said, he looks legit and Rivers trusts him. He's only going to get better as the offense opens up. I get the injuries talk, but guys are going down right and left this year that are normally healthy (e.g. Olsen). As an Allen owner, I'm probably holding.

45 minutes ago, mtblock said:

I don't get this. What is there to be terrified of. Like you said, he looks legit and Rivers trusts him. He's only going to get better as the offense opens up. I get the injuries talk, but guys are going down right and left this year that are normally healthy (e.g. Olsen). As an Allen owner, I'm probably holding.

I own Allen and I love him, hence why if you're not an owner you should try to pry him based off of an owner's emotional response.

7 hours ago, jspeed said:

Looking at another site's ROS rankings, Hunt is the RB7 behind only Bell, Elliot, McCoy, Montgomery, and Freeman.

I personally would only even think about trading him for Freeman or Bell.  I probably wouldn't pull the trigger on either of those right now.

I don't understand all this talk of sell high on Hunt. Have people gone insane?  Sometimes exercising a little patience early in the season is OK.

He is a stud, and he isn't competing for touches. He is immune to negative game scripts. 

And  he happens to be the #1 fantasy player this year.

I saw a post above this that ranked him 7th. You'd have to be an idiot to trade him for McCoy. Come on man!

And I'm not even a Hunt owner.