NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Buy Low - Sell High 2017

TonyVH

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sell High = Gurley

He is still a borderline top-10 RB (standard) to me. Love his role, not a fan of his talent, and undecided if I'm buying the long term effectiveness of the new Rams offense.

If someone wants to pay you as if Gurley were a top-5 RB then sell. 

Lamar Miller's value seems to be very low.  If you can get him cheap I think he could be a good add.  He's still getting 20 touches a game and I don't think he ends up ceding all of the red zone carries to Foreman.  The offense has been so bad thus far that they just haven't run many plays in the red zone.  Once their QB play gets more consistent (and I think it will), Miller could be a solid producer.

2 hours ago, rrrgl1 said:

Sell High = Gurley

He is still a borderline top-10 RB (standard) to me. Love his role, not a fan of his talent, and undecided if I'm buying the long term effectiveness of the new Rams offense.

If someone wants to pay you as if Gurley were a top-5 RB then sell. 

I agree that the Rams won't consistently put up 40 pts a game, but i do think Gurley is a top-5 back this year and i wouldn't sell him as anything less myself.

3 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Due to the greater chance of injury, should you sell high on all RBs doing great right now?

Great question.

I have Freeman and Hyde in my lineup and I would trade each of them for a top 5 WR if I could.

Then proceed to pickup backups and slot Henry and Carson into my lineup....rinse and repeat.

1 hour ago, WEIL3R said:

Lamar Miller's value seems to be very low.  If you can get him cheap I think he could be a good add.  He's still getting 20 touches a game and I don't think he ends up ceding all of the red zone carries to Foreman.  The offense has been so bad thus far that they just haven't run many plays in the red zone.  Once their QB play gets more consistent (and I think it will), Miller could be a solid producer.

I'm a Miller owner that's been trying like crazy to move him the last week.

The best I could find was D.Thomas for Miller which I wasn't crazy about. You are correct that his value is super low.

My concern is that the backup RB (Foreman) may become the goal line back since he seems to be built for between the tackle runs....just a hunch I've got after watching the last two games. Of course we don't know who the goal line back is because the Texans are so bad they don't get those opportunities.

Just now, meverett85 said:

Too late. The D.Thomas owner traded him for Demarco Murray which I thought was a dumb trade considering I own D.Henry.

I may regret not pulling the trigger, but didn't feel like D.Thomas had enough upside considering he is allergic to the endzone.

Could be biased since I am a fan of the Broncos and TS, but it seems like that D will be giving them good field position, and CJA and TS seem more than capable of scoring plenty this year. I believe TDs will come for DT once opposing teams realize that TS can spread the ball and things will open up for DT with his superior size and athleticism.

Buy Low: 

AJ Green- Consistent Market Share, New OC and things can't get any worse can they? (Knock on wood)

Odell Beckham- Hurting owners that are likely desperate for production may accept a swap for less than they should.

Michael Thomas- Slow start due to lack of weapons and 50% of his 2017 performances consisting of a tough matchup with the MIN D. Snead returns Week 4.

Terrelle Pryor- Pending his price, Cousins is off to his now usual slow start that has trickled down to Pryor. High draft capital spent certainly has owners frustrated.

DeSean Jackson- First 3 Weeks are a bye, a blowout that strangled his opportunity, and likely a tough game against MIN. Stock is simply lower than it should be.

LeVeon Bell- Slow start for a stud due to his hold out. Things are only going to get better.

Joe Mixon- Could quite likely complete the Hostile Takeover for touches this week after already displaying he's the most talented back in CIN.

Isaiah Crowell- Should see more carries with a stretch of friendly matchups and simply better game scripts (aka not playing behind for 3 quarters).

Escape While You Still Can:

Terrance West- Shrinking role coupled with a soft tissue injury.

Bilal Powell- Get compensation with more value than what's in FA while someone may still rationalize him as a team's starting RB.

Sell High: 

Sammy Watkins- Unpredictable and inconsistent Production with less Boom than Bust.

Carlos Hyde- Get something nice before he gets hurt and you're left with nothing.

Keenan Allen- Same issue as Carlos Hyde except Allen is made of glass not ceramic. Undisputedly good production with an undisputably good chance of injury.

Michael Crabtree- a fine hold for your team but it's usually never bad to trade a guy after his best game of the season. (3 TDs).

Todd Gurley: Has easily played the softest strech of his schedule and won't play a match up as good or better to the 3 until Week 12 vs NO. Not a guy you need to send away but another who is currently overvalued and also most likely just played his best game of the season.

Do you hold Tarik cohen if your gettin a lot of offers ... I feel like it's almost insulting to hold onto him if someone really wants him ??

idk, he's super fun to watch play but yeah he's a wierd little dude.  he just seems like he could take it the house at any moment for you, and then gives a nice receiving floor.

Just now, Irish bayou said:

Do you hold Tarik cohen if your gettin a lot of offers ... I feel like it's almost insulting to hold onto him if someone really wants him ??

idk, he's super fun to watch play but yeah he's a wierd little dude.  he just seems like he could take it the house at any moment for you, and then gives a nice receiving floor.

You sell high if you can. RB2/WR2 for him is a steal.

9 minutes ago, rigadoog said:

I would take that in a second.

I respectfully disagree with that. The safe bet would be Fitz, but even though he hasn't shown his age yet, this can be the year he slows down and doesn't meet expectations. Cohen has a lot more upside as the main receiving back on a team that's going to be trailing a lot and don't have many WR options. I do agree that at that size he's more prone to injuries, but then again it could happen to any player. Just wanted to give you another opinion since I wouldn't do it, but getting Fitz for a player you picked up off the waivers is still a good move.

15 minutes ago, lakerforlife42 said:

I respectfully disagree with that. The safe bet would be Fitz, but even though he hasn't shown his age yet, this can be the year he slows down and doesn't meet expectations. Cohen has a lot more upside as the main receiving back on a team that's going to be trailing a lot and don't have many WR options. I do agree that at that size he's more prone to injuries, but then again it could happen to any player. Just wanted to give you another opinion since I wouldn't do it, but getting Fitz for a player you picked up off the waivers is still a good move.

Yea you gotta love the kid I gotta figure it out ... his film is absolutely spectacular 

4 hours ago, Irish bayou said:

CJ Anderson? I like him personally but now is a good time to move him after this massive game he just had ... I think ty Montgomery could get elite value right now 

I think he was the biggest sell high candidate this past week. In this thread one guy called him the steal of the draft lol. Guy had one good game at home against a Dallas team that just looked terrible.

Broke 1k scrimmage yards once in his career back in 14 when manning was still manning. Played 7 games last year, wasn't even the starter majority of games the year before. There's a reason guys like Ronnie hillman, monte ball and d.booker have been stashes these past few years. Cj is nothing special, and is not a capable three down workhorse over the course of the year.

i think absolute best case scenario if he stays healthy and the qb play continues this well he ends up a rb2/flex.