Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Joel Embiid 2017-2018 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's not playing tonight because the 76ers aren't playing tonight.

Not trading. Never. I’m riding until the end even if it means he gets injured again, it’s an honor to have him on my team. #BabyHakeem

Yeah, and LBJ is better than everyone...except not in fantasy though!   Even if Embiid gets through the season he is going to kill your TOs, FG% and FT% aren't super (ok though), he is going

Posted Images

1 minute ago, summersoff7 said:

is he going to stay healthy for a relatively good part of the season justifying his 3rd round x-rank right now?  Id rather someone else take a chance on him, I like dependable guys in the 1st 3 rounds

 

no one knows, it's up to your own risk model. i'd pick him after pick 30 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I grabbed him rnd 3 pick 3 in a 14 team h2h so pick 31. I got a auction tonight that had no intentions of owning him but I am now re thinking that. Seeing how it's a auction tonight and sorry if it's a little AC like but who would be some good players to pair with him if I do take the plunge.

Edited by turner46
adding round
Link to post
Share on other sites

We know what this guy can produce if he is on the court. I hope he can put his past  injuries behind him but realistically if we were to make an over/under Vegas line on:

 

1) Total Games played this season?

 

2) Minutes per game? 

 

History and Projections

 

Games: He played 31 last year and projected at 62 games

 

Minutes: He played 25 minutes/game last year and projected at 29 minutes.

 

My take

 

I think he will start off at 20-25 minutes and go from there. 62 games seems to assume only missing games due to rest, back to backs, etc.

Edited by jrb724
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jrb724 said:

We know what this guy can produce if he is on the court. I hope he can put his past  injuries behind him but realistically if we were to make an over/under Vegas line on:

 

1) Total Games played this season?

 

2) Minutes per game? 

 

History and Projections

 

Games: He played 31 last year and projected at 62 games

 

Minutes: He played 25 minutes/game last year and projected at 29 minutes.

 

My take

 

I think he will start off at 20-25 minutes and go from there. 62 games seems to assume only missing games due to rest, back to backs, etc.

that kind of output/production is NOT worth the 3rd round.  Maybe 4th or 5th

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, turner46 said:

I grabbed him rnd 3 pick 3 in a 14 team h2h so pick 31. I got a auction tonight that had no intentions of owning him but I am now re thinking that. Seeing how it's a auction tonight and sorry if it's a little AC like but who would be some good players to pair with him if I do take the plunge.

 

31st overall on Sunday in my $100 14 man league, like I said no intentions in my $200 auction but the nonsense of his preseason debut and I spent $36, didn't regret it then but do now:angry:. I'm likely only in 2 leagues this year and now 100% invested, I guess I got to trust the process... or find a 3rd league and stay away from him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, turner46 said:

 

31st overall on Sunday in my $100 14 man league, like I said no intentions in my $200 auction but the nonsense of his preseason debut and I spent $36, didn't regret it then but do now:angry:. I'm likely only in 2 leagues this year and now 100% invested, I guess I got to trust the process... or find a 3rd league and stay away from him.

 

I don't know how some of you all do it. Auction has to be the most infuriating setting ever. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...