NBC Sports Edge Forums

Danilo Gallinari 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Move to the Clippers, no Paul in town.

Seems to hold value here or even increase in value.

Good value in the 6th/7th round come draft day?

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey bro. How long did it take? 

Gallo is perfect as a Boogie replacement, minus the FG, pts, reb, assists, steals, blocks and beast mode-ness.

reminder, he ain't the one

Posted Images

I like the Gallo add for the Clippers. He should fit in very nicely next to Blake and Deandre Jordan in the front-court. Even with the loss of CP3, the Clippers should still have a high powered offense with Pat Bev, Lou Williams and Blake. I expect he should be able to easily hit last years numbers. Health is always a concern with Gallo. Feels like he's been in the league forever, but hes still just 29. He's about to enter his prime. I've always thought one of these seasons he'd be a 20ppg scorer. Perhaps this is the season.  

I'm bullish on drafting him, he is essentially the replacement for Redick but the thing with me is who is running the offense and will he be a spot up shooter? In Denver he did it all (shots, rebounds, got to the line) he was an all around player who was oft-injured. If Blake Griffin is point-forward then I see him being a spot up shooter and of course his rebound numbers decline because of Jordan & Blake. If I remember correctly last time CP3 was injured and Blake took charge of point guard duties, the only one who was negatively affected was Redick I believe.

10 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I'm bullish on drafting him, he is essentially the replacement for Redick but the thing with me is who is running the offense and will he be a spot up shooter? In Denver he did it all (shots, rebounds, got to the line) he was an all around player who was oft-injured. If Blake Griffin is point-forward then I see him being a spot up shooter and of course his rebound numbers decline because of Jordan & Blake. If I remember correctly last time CP3 was injured and Blake took charge of point guard duties, the only one who was negatively affected was Redick I believe.

I see Gallo being the 2nd option behind Blake. The Clips should be a running team and I can see Gallo getting a lot of open shots in transition and when Blake drives in. Gallo is also a pretty good iso player which helps. 

I had him last season, didn't really want to draft him but he ended up being great - didn't miss many games and drastically improved his FG.

He's one of the only sources of points later in the draft (together with guys like Wiggins and Booker), except offers better multi-cat production, offers great FT volume, and his FG is bearable - plus I think LAC is a good spot for him.

Was good enough that I went back and drafted him again with my 63rd pick over guys like Ariza, Saric and Crowder.

• 2 weeks later...

This is starting to get concerning

Danilo Gallinari (foot) will not play against the Kings on Thursday.

He popped up on the injury report on Oct. 7 and hasn't played in a game since. The Clippers don't sound too concerned about the mid-foot sprain and hopefully he can suit up for regular season action next week. Although, foot injuries on basketball players can linger, so Gallo gets a slight downgrade on draft boards. Wes Johnson is expected to start tonight.
1 hour ago, Sriracha said:

Doc expects Gallo back soon. We'll see if he plays tonight, but it at least doesn't sound long term...yet.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/la-sp-clippers-report-20171011-story.html

“I know Gallo is really close to returning,” Clippers coach Doc Rivers said before practice. “I would expect him to play in one of the two games. I think Sam will probably play in one of the two games, if not both games.

2 hours ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

“I know Gallo is really close to returning,” Clippers coach Doc Rivers said before practice. “I would expect him to play in one of the two games. I think Sam will probably play in one of the two games, if not both games.

I don't see any reason for him to play tonight.  They don't open til Thursday.  No reason to risk aggravation during a preseason game.  Give him another six days off.

6 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

high risk high reward. He will be the second on offense on that team but hes soooooo injury prone. If he can stay healthy, he will easily be a top 30 player.

Not really, he was the first offensive option in Denver for years and was not a top 30 player - he offers little to no stocks and is a career 42% FG guy (although was much improved last year). Also playing more 3 than 4, and playing with DJ, might hurt his rebounding numbers.

Definitely upside there with scoring and FT% though.

I'm in a 14 GM H2H 13 cat league.

I got him at 58th pick, I should have reached for Aaron Gordon instead but I already drafted Garry Harris at 55.

I think he's in a better situation for usage and will be counted on to score from the perimeter. 

A small trend that I'm concern about is the team's set plays for certain positions.  For example, if a team typically doesn't run a play for the SF due to the past having mediocre SF, it does impact the new player coming into the position.  Vice versa, if a team always runs through a PG, a new PG coming in will reap the rewards of the plays and game flow that other players are used to.

Clippers historically have mediocre SF, so it may have negative impact on Gallo.

Having said that, I hope he outperforms his ADP as he has top 30 potential.  BMM has him ranked 38 for the season and 24 after the AS break.  (keep in mind i'm in 13 cat league).

He did say they are the best frontcourt in the NBA....he better back it up...

https://www.clipsnation.com/2017/9/25/16363384/danilo-gallinari-thinks-clippers-have-best-frontcourt-in-the-nba

1 hour ago, Jonathanc5 said:

I'm in a 14 GM H2H 13 cat league.

I got him at 58th pick, I should have reached for Aaron Gordon instead but I already drafted Garry Harris at 55.

I think he's in a better situation for usage and will be counted on to score from the perimeter. 

A small trend that I'm concern about is the team's set plays for certain positions.  For example, if a team typically doesn't run a play for the SF due to the past having mediocre SF, it does impact the new player coming into the position.  Vice versa, if a team always runs through a PG, a new PG coming in will reap the rewards of the plays and game flow that other players are used to.

Clippers historically have mediocre SF, so it may have negative impact on Gallo.

Having said that, I hope he outperforms his ADP as he has top 30 potential.  BMM has him ranked 38 for the season and 24 after the AS break.  (keep in mind i'm in 13 cat league).

He did say they are the best frontcourt in the NBA....he better back it up...

https://www.clipsnation.com/2017/9/25/16363384/danilo-gallinari-thinks-clippers-have-best-frontcourt-in-the-nba

I haven't heard this argument before but it's interesting.  However Doc Rivers did coach Paul Pierce for much of his career so maybe that observation deserves a caveat.

1 hour ago, skiteam14 said:

I haven't heard this argument before but it's interesting.  However Doc Rivers did coach Paul Pierce for much of his career so maybe that observation deserves a caveat.

I hope doc remembers those plays.  This also applies to the habit of players kicking it out to the 1-2 position (paul and redick) vs 3 position (luc).  It can be tweaked but I've seen it happen on many occasions before.

just a small trend.

Edited by Jonathanc5
Typo