NBC Sports Edge Forums

Danilo Gallinari 2017-2018 Season Outlook

What does he give you besides FT? Low FG, decent pts, below avg reb and assists, absolutely no steals or blocks...so what’s the appeal besides the playoff schedule? And has he even been healthy enough to assume he’ll be playing during fantasy playoffs?

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey bro. How long did it take? 

Gallo is perfect as a Boogie replacement, minus the FG, pts, reb, assists, steals, blocks and beast mode-ness.

reminder, he ain't the one

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mdpharm23 said:

What does he give you besides FT? Low FG, decent pts, below avg reb and assists, absolutely no steals or blocks...so what’s the appeal besides the playoff schedule? And has he even been healthy enough to assume he’ll be playing during fantasy playoffs?

Top 50 value on a per game basis in the past two years (obviously lower on a totals basis due to injuries and time missed). He also provides 3s, low TOs, and wouldn't say "absolutely no" steals as he hovers around 0.7-0.8 steals per game. 5 reb from a SF position isn't too bad either.

• Like 1

i drafted him and all he did when he played is punt your FG.... his points aren't that great, you'll get better with good streaming, yes his FT are good when he gets to the line... i dropped him after the 2 inj and never looked back.

On 1/25/2018 at 1:57 AM, mackdonald said:

this guy should be there 1B offensive option next to Blake. LAC signed this guy as a piece of their future. He will get his touches and shots. 

If lou gets traded than more shots for Danilo. 

There is just zero chance of this. Lou Will playing like a top 5 guard in league for over 10 weeks. No chance the clip just starting letting Gallo go iso Ball again and shoot sub 40 percent on high volume over Lou but hey you could keep dreaming. Blake has actually taken a back seat to Lou since he’s been back so yea zero chance. 

Edited by chud12
28 minutes ago, chud12 said:

There is just zero chance of this. Lou Will playing like a top 5 guard in league for over 10 weeks. No chance the clip just starting letting Gallo go iso Ball again and shoot sub 40 percent on high volume over Lou but hey you could keep dreaming. Blake has actually taken a back seat to Lou since he’s been back so yea zero chance. 

even if the Clipps asked him to take a good offensive load im not sure he could. He is gonna need so much time to get back in shape and shake the rust

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, mdpharm23 said:

Gallinari will be 5th option on offense behind 1) Blake, 2) Lou 3) Rivers 4) Deandre 

? you really think Rivers and Jordan are gonna eat before Gallo? Yeah right. 

Edited by lbjames6

I’d say yes 

1) Rivers is the coaches son who gets all the shots he wants because the ball will be in his hands to start off with and you know he loves to shoot until his hand hurts 

2) Jordan shoots 65% from the field, they will feed him the ball for a dunk as a priority over a Gallo 40% jumper 

47 minutes ago, mdpharm23 said:

I’d say yes 

1) Rivers is the coaches son who gets all the shots he wants because the ball will be in his hands to start off with and you know he loves to shoot until his hand hurts 

2) Jordan shoots 65% from the field, they will feed him the ball for a dunk as a priority over a Gallo 40% jumper 

Everything you've said in the last 3 comments is wrong, they didn't go after this guy in the offseason to have him shoot less shots than Rivers or DJ, plus his minutes with Lou will be staggered, so yes Gallo will be the 2nd option on offense, and should get plenty of good looks with a pass-first PG like Milos running it.

2 minutes ago, JStyles said:

Everything you've said in the last 3 comments is wrong, they didn't go after this guy in the offseason to have him shoot less shots than Rivers or DJ, plus his minutes with Lou will be staggered, so yes Gallo will be the 2nd option on offense, and should get plenty of good looks with a pass-first PG like Milos running it.

Please refer to the game logs when he actually played this year and lemme know the order of who took the most shots. 

5 minutes ago, mdpharm23 said:

Please refer to the game logs when he actually played this year and lemme know the order of who took the most shots. 

The last game he played he took 19 shots, Lou took 20, Rivers took 16 and DJ took 6, will you stop spouting this nonsense now?

2 minutes ago, JStyles said:

The last game he played he took 19 shots, Lou took 20, Rivers took 16 and DJ took 6, will you stop spouting this nonsense now?

Blake and Rivers were out though. I am not say Rivers is a concern but you cant say he is gonna be 2nd option in offense in front of Blake....

2 hours ago, mdpharm23 said:

You got to look deeper sometimes. Gallo, in those 11 games, was shooting a career worst 34pct from the field and 25pct from 3. When a player's shot is completely off, he tends to take less shots. So unless you are projecting Gallo to finish with a 34pct FG pct then you may want to adjust your shot attempts projections for when he comes back.

I am more concerned with Gallo staying healthy, than Gallo failing to produce once he is back. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wideopen21 said:

You got to look deeper sometimes. Gallo, in those 11 games, was shooting a career worst 34pct from the field and 25pct from 3. When a player's shot is completely off, he tends to take less shots. So unless you are projecting Gallo to finish with a 34pct FG pct then you may want to adjust your shot attempts projections for when he comes back.

I am more concerned with Gallo staying healthy, than Gallo failing to produce once he is back. 

False. Shooters shoot...that's what they do, and whether they're hot or cold they're going to keep shooting. Shooters keep taking shots when their shot isn't falling to get their groove back.

I've watched a decent amount of Clippers games this year and it's pretty easy to tell they desperately need that spot up shooter. Can't wait to see the pairing of Milos and Gallo, I think they'll both benefit big time from each other.

• Like 4

Jawun Evans remains out today with a sore lower abdomen. Danilo Gallinari is close, but won't play today either. #Clippers

Gallo told me a return Tuesday was possible. I expect him to take the 3 days off after that to get himself ready for a better matchup against the #Bulls on Saturday. #Clippers

Just got the 3rd very from Doc! Gallo is very, very, very close! Just not @LAClippers today @FoxSportsWest

16 hours ago, mdpharm23 said:

Tyrone Wallace is pretty pretty pretty good. Gallo might have more competition than I anticipated for shots....yikes 

You anticipated he gets the 5th most shots, so might as well anticipate Wallace ahead of him, too.  Maybe Evans and Thornwell and Harrell.  Go all out, say he'll get less shots than Darius Miles coming out of retirement.

• Haha 3
18 minutes ago, brosephd said:

i have him but i'm not activating him til he can prove he's better than my worst player. in this case, demarre carrol. 

Gallo has been bad when active this year so you might not be activating him than. 

40 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Gallo has been bad when active this year so you might not be activating him than. 

disagree. he's been bad when the Clippers were still figuring out the offense.... hell him being "bad" was back before the Clips even knew what they had with Lou and his slow start was even more hampered by nagging injuries since we didn't even know he had a damn torn glute until way later sometime. Also, back in December, he drops 25 pts on 7/7 FT shooting the second game back from his 1st injury (hip related iirc) + remember they were also missing Teo and PatBev was still in the mix too I think

Things have changed quite a bit but his role in this Clippers offense was never in doubt...

edit: sorry just realized you were responding to someone activating, it's probably 50/50 for activating him if he's feeling as good as he says he is. If I have a full lineup, I'd leave him unactivated for a game or two till he shows up

Edited by Tr3yball