NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Danilo Gallinari 2017-2018 Season Outlook

CrypTviLL

On 11/22/2017 at 11:25 AM, Lakers_Fan2 said:

Tons of usage will

be available when he returns. I wld be patient if possible. 

lol I understand he's been awful for the most part, giving us borderline rosterable numbers but everything else was slowly & surely returning till he got injured. people are pulling the trigger way too early in this thread... and its not just in this thread too. people dropping him for denzel valentine and justin holiday... lmfao not sure if troll or no IL slots, at least state what league sz

he's a fine/solid hold till the wheels come off and he's only going to return to form as he gets acclimated even more into the offense, i dont even know why you guys contemplated dropping now with the recent news of Bev

• Like 3

The part that’s even crazier is that people waited THIS long before deciding to drop him lol he’s literally slated to come back in like 3 days. If you were holding this long it makes no sense to drop right before he’s back, and he will surely be asked to do more now. I picked him up with the quickness, he’ll be better than the worst person on your team for sure. 

• Like 2

with news of blake, they may rush him.. although he may be back on the 30th. not much update on him since he says he would be back in 7-10 days. hopefully he is all healed up. not sure what to expect but i assume he will destroy my fg%. need him to put up a few good games so i can try to salvage his value and sell moderately. 

2 hours ago, Born_Slippy said:

Can't see them rushing him back now Blake is gone, they should be thinking about lottery balls

I agree more with this. And also think along the lines that his perfect playoff schedule will be meaningless because he will be shut down by that time of year.

1 hour ago, Sab said:

there's no way they shut him down even if blake goes down. They need scorers man lol and gallinari was given X amount of money this year to do just that .

Right this isnt some young gun they need to protect from injury. Likelihood of him getting shut down is only higher than the avg player on a losing team bc he may actually get hurt. 

• Thanks 1

Danilo Gallinari getting shots up before today's practice. Knocked down 12-of-13 shots here and looks to be moving well. #Clippers would sure love him back.

Danilo Gallinari and Milos Teodosic will not be practicing today. Doc Rivers said Gallo and Milos have gone live, 1-on-1, but says they're not ready for 5-on-5 yet

20 minutes ago, brosephd said:

Gallo at the 4...how does that effect his fantasy game?

I don't think it will hurt it, but I don't think he'll get a huge jump or anything. There are a ton of quick and athletic 4's in the league now I don't think he'll gain much of an advantage there. I think he'll be very steady though IF he comes back and stays relatively healthy.. which as we know is a big if. The guy hasn't played more than 70 games since 2012 so that's always a concern. The good thing tho is he will be the clear number one option for the foreseeable future which can do nothing but help his value. 

Edited by JooCraig

32 minutes ago, JooCraig said:

I don't think it will hurt it, but I don't think he'll get a huge jump or anything. There are a ton of quick and athletic 4's in the league now I don't think he'll gain much of an advantage there. I think he'll be very steady though IF he comes back and stays relatively healthy.. which as we know is a big if. The guy hasn't played more than 70 games since 2012 so that's always a concern. The good thing tho is he will be the clear number one option for the foreseeable future which can do nothing but help his value. 

Why does everyone think he will be the clear number one option?? If I️ had to put money on it than it’s on Lou Will.