NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tim Hardaway jr 2017-2018 Outlook

Just now, Shredded said:

Exactly. As a knick fan I still don’t know why they drafted this frank guy over Dennis smith jr? Dennis smith looks like a star 

Phil Jackson and the triangle offense, that's why. Frank looked like a dear in front of headlights tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude in my league dropped him and got mad when I picked him up. I told him sometimes you need to learn lessons the hardaway.

I can't believe they couldn't see this. 

Dude. Perhaps I don't know about b-ball but you clearly don't know how to read. I'm not saying he'll be top-20 ROS. That is his upside as @j3rkthenurk and @ovofnd suggested. I'm just saying I expect h

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Shredded said:

Exactly. As a knick fan I still don’t know why they drafted this frank guy over Dennis smith jr? Dennis smith looks like a star 

Yeah that’s a huge f--- up on nyc’s part. Dennis looks ready to ball out, can you imagine him paired with Porzingis? That’s be so fun to watch 

5 minutes ago, Shredded said:

Research, DSJ didn't want to be a Knick! Skipped the workout, reject request to send medical (knees) to staff and missed his interview. Had dinner with Phil and told them Knicks weren't going to get anything. Lonzo didn't want to be a Celtic, Smith didn't want to be to go to the Kings, Bulls or Knicks.

• Like 1

im giving him atleast 8-10 more games, im patient enough and believe he can turn it around but right now he really doesnt look like a guy thats going to drop buckets like he was supposed to do this season

I think he gets a few more games to figure it out, firstly - he's in a new (well old, but new) team, with a new role and less talent around him to help him succeed, secondly there are no point guards capable of creating for team mates on this NY roster and thirdly - he has been marked by elite defenders in PG13/Roberson and Avery Bradley so far.

If this continues against poorer opposition i'll probably re-evaluate, but championships aren't won in week 1 - so give him a bit of time.

1 hour ago, Cloud_Strife said:

Likewise. I assumed as a top scoring option on a bad team, he would at least be a superior version of Allen Crabbe, but so far I haven't seen it. Roberson and now Bradley have shut him down. 

Lol Roberson and bradley are some of the leagues premier SG defenders though... But holy crap owning this guy is frustrating.. damn you BBM with your 7th rd value on this guy..

Just now, BeeBoyWhoo said:

Lol Roberson and bradley are some of the leagues premier SG defenders though... But holy crap owning this guy is frustrating.. damn you BBM with your 7th rd value on this guy..

That's what I was trying to communicate. Roberson and Bradley guarded him rather than PG13 and Harris. Regardless, he needs to be a playmaker or defender when his shots aren't falling and frankly I haven't seen it tonight. I wanted a poor man's McCollum and got a Monta Ellis clone. 

2 minutes ago, L3onD said:

i believe i found my new most frustrating player i will own this season, im prolly going to bench him and he will explode for 25pts on good fg%

Look mate, if you need to take one for the team for that to occur, please do so!

I currently have Hood, Chriss and THJ and need something good to happen soon..

37 minutes ago, BeeBoyWhoo said:

He was barely inside the top 150 last season. Not sure why they had him with 7th round value to begin with.

3 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

He was barely inside the top 150 last season. Not sure why they had him with 7th round value to begin with.

I assume he was valued much lower and re-evaluated after the Melo trade. 

His last month at the Hawks was pretty good - but there are so many other factors to be considered. 

4 minutes ago, markus85 said:

I assume he was valued much lower and re-evaluated after the Melo trade. 

His last month at the Hawks was pretty good - but there are so many other factors to be considered. 

Probably they thought his assist rate will increase due to them not having a true PG.

Eh. I had a hunch he was just masked by Budenholzer's system and he's not good enough to carry a load in a circus. Guess my gut feeling was right.