NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Tim Hardaway jr 2017-2018 Outlook

PuzzBeterson

1 hour ago, Brandayz said:

“After missing significant time due to a leg injury, Tim Hardaway Jr. is eyeing the New York Knicks’ long January road trip as the timetable for his return”

it’s close guys!

That’s anywhere between jan 16 to 27. 

Man it’s been a LONG time. 

Dont drop now

• Like 1

6 hours ago, greatestmetfan said:

Finally... I was getting tired of being disappointed in this thread. Some good news 

Expectation: 18/4/4 with a steal. Don't want to predict %s yet but our top 40 guy should be back soon.

I love this guy.  Held him without IR this whole time.  Barely holding on here.  But to expect top 40 numbers when he is back is kind of not realistic.  He wasn’t really top  40 even before he went down.

Edited by JballFan

13 minutes ago, JballFan said:

I love this guy.  Held him without IR this whole time.  Barely holding on here.  But to expect top 40 numbers when he is back is kind of not realistic.  He wasn’t really top  40 even before he went down.

He went on a torrid stretch shortly before going down. I remember him sustaining top 40 value for a period, but realistically, I think he'll be a top 60 player moving forward. His FG% will continue to increase after his slow start to the year, and the good thing about him is, despite his relatively high usage, he doesn't turn the ball over a whole lot, and chips in with counting stats. 4 rebounds, 3 assists, a steal or two a game, is solid for a shoot first 2 guard. 

What was most eye-popping to me was his increase in assists before he went down. I'm really excited for him to start playing again, was 100% hold for me in my 14-team league as I am cruising in 2nd place

6 hours ago, JballFan said:

Actually, he was. For a stretch of 15 games between his slow start (first 3 games) and the game games he played through his stress injury (last 3) he was a solid top-25 player. I'm expecting top-40 ROS, no less.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, rush007 said:

Actually, he was. For a stretch of 15 games between his slow start (first 3 games) and the game games he played through his stress injury (last 3) he was a solid top-25 player. I'm expecting top-40 ROS, no less.

This 100%, unless he comes back crooked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rush007 said:

Solid top 25?  Show me where he was top 25 in 9 category.  He is good but he not top 25 good.  And I don’t mean for a couple of games where he blew up.  He won’t be top 40 Rest of year either.

i'd keep expectations in check...

You don't want to find yourself disappointed and wanting to drop if he's not performing during the first 1-2 weeks. I've seen people stash and rage drop, just to get ridiculed by the rest of the league when that player is killing it when he gets picked up on another team.

39 minutes ago, JballFan said:

Solid top 25?  Show me where he was top 25 in 9 category.  He is good but he not top 25 good.  And I don’t mean for a couple of games where he blew up.  He won’t be top 40 Rest of year either.

Sure. There you go. As I said, no.20 on average for the timeframe I mentioned (minus his first three - slow start // last three games - playing through what turned to be a stress injury). I'm not talking about a couple games. You can check it out on BBM yourself. 

The only reason why he wouldn't be a top-40 player ROS is if he can't stay healthy, and this injury lingers. 

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

• Like 5

Yeah I'm not sure if everyone remembers what he was doing before this injury. He had a bad start but really picked it up and was playing the best ball of his career before this injury. Stand by the top 40 expectation and I won't be disappointed if he's worse because the last 2 months have been the disappointment. 

Thanks for sharing the stats @rush007

• Like 3

13 hours ago, rush007 said:

Sure. There you go. As I said, no.20 on average for the timeframe I mentioned (minus his first three - slow start // last three games - playing through what turned to be a stress injury). I'm not talking about a couple games. You can check it out on BBM yourself. 

The only reason why he wouldn't be a top-40 player ROS is if he can't stay healthy, and this injury lingers. 

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

That’s not standard yahoo settings.  10/26-11/27 he was not #20 on my BBM.  You are using custom settings maybe for your punt build buddy.  Get outta here with ur top 20 stuff bro.  We all love THJ but stop with the top 20 stuff man.  U look silly.

Edited by JballFan