NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tim Hardaway jr 2017-2018 Outlook

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude in my league dropped him and got mad when I picked him up. I told him sometimes you need to learn lessons the hardaway.

I can't believe they couldn't see this. 

Dude. Perhaps I don't know about b-ball but you clearly don't know how to read. I'm not saying he'll be top-20 ROS. That is his upside as @j3rkthenurk and @ovofnd suggested. I'm just saying I expect h

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, JooCraig said:

Is he playing back to backs? No news but I’d assume no since he was out for so long. 

No signs yet of him not playing b2b's but last night's aggravation didn't help his case, we'll get updates on pre-game warmups from the coach.  

[ Pointless derail removed.  @JballFan, if you're not willfully misinterpreting the original comment for the purpose of attacking / trolling, then you need to work on your reading comprehension.  This meta-argument about who said what is taking over the thread, and needs to stop now. ]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

As a Knick fan it's becoming hard to hate on Hardaway. He's perfect for the modern NBA of small ball run and gun lineups, has improved his defense and brings a different energy to the court when he's out there.

When people ask me about the contract now a days I just tell them to look up Andrew Wiggins, Wesley Matthews, Luol Deng, Evan Turner's contracts. I could go on but THJ looks like a bargain at 17 mil a year.

His upside is high and the only thing that will hold this man back is if they bring in another star or an injury. As discussed on pages 22-23, top 40-50 ROS outlook.

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

As a Knick fan it's becoming hard to hate on Hardaway. He's perfect for the modern NBA of small ball run and gun lineups, has improved his defense and brings a different energy to the court when he's out there.

When people ask me about the contract now a days I just tell them to look up Andrew Wiggins, Wesley Matthews, Luol Deng, Evan Turner's contracts. I could go on but THJ looks like a bargain at 17 mil a year.

His upside is high and the only thing that will hold this man back is if they bring in another star or an injury. As discussed on pages 22-23, top 40-50 ROS outlook.

This. Amen brother. 

I'll never not make fun of the Knicks for letting him get away, get deprogrammed, and then paying him more to come back after getting properly developed.

That said, it's pretty crazy he went mostly undrafted in fantasy last year and is now probably a solid tier 2 SG.  In my main keeper league, I picked him up off the waivers last season, mid season.  He was a keeper in the 15th round and if he keeps up the improvement it's gonna be like having Beal in the last round for me next year.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

I'll never not make fun of the Knicks for letting him get away, get deprogrammed, and then paying him more to come back after getting properly developed.

That said, it's pretty crazy he went mostly undrafted in fantasy last year and is now probably a solid tier 2 SG.  In my main keeper league, I picked him up off the waivers last season, mid season.  He was a keeper in the 15th round and if he keeps up the improvement it's gonna be like having Beal in the last round for me next year.

That's his best comp IMO. Similar production for a fraction of the price. I dropped him after week 1, and luckily his owner dropped him shortly before New Years, so I got him back. He'll be a top 40-50 player moving forward, as @greatestmetfan said.