NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tim Hardaway jr 2017-2018 Outlook

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude in my league dropped him and got mad when I picked him up. I told him sometimes you need to learn lessons the hardaway.

I can't believe they couldn't see this. 

Dude. Perhaps I don't know about b-ball but you clearly don't know how to read. I'm not saying he'll be top-20 ROS. That is his upside as @j3rkthenurk and @ovofnd suggested. I'm just saying I expect h

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

He's been in the top 30 since his return, he may be able to stay there ROS, and in the top 40 at worst. He is living up to his contract! 

Love the optimism but he won't shoot 50%+ from the field & 3+ 3s all year. His free throw shooting has been a little wonky dating back to last year as well. I'll be pretty happy with a top-50 finish, anything more will be a pleasant surprise!

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Sarcastic said:

Love the optimism but he won't shoot 50%+ from the field & 3+ 3s all year. His free throw shooting has been a little wonky dating back to last year as well. I'll be pretty happy with a top-50 finish, anything more will be a pleasant surprise!

I know, but I expect the FT% to trend upwards, and FG% to be around 45%. What helps his value are the solid number of REB's and AST's he gets. 18/4/3 with a steal or 2 a game, and 2+ 3PT's a night are reasonable averages IMO. 

3 minutes ago, heero78 said:

Is he not playing tonight? 

Or did yahoo troll me....

Shows out (short term injury) 

back-to-back..they will rest him tonight. It sucks, but hopefully this will help him be 100% for fantasy playoffs.

Also, a slight positive is that he will play tomorrow against Phoenix, which could be a big game for him.

Edited by ItaliaBBALL
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, JballFan said:

4/1/1.  Top 20 bro

Doesnt change the fact that he was top 20 during that time period as outlined earlier. Nobody said he’s going to be top-20 for the rest of season. But for real, you should let it go. 

Is there a way to mute users on this site? 

49 minutes ago, SadDadParty said:

Doesnt change the fact that he was top 20 during that time period as outlined earlier. Nobody said he’s going to be top-20 for the rest of season. But for real, you should let it go. 

Is there a way to mute users on this site? 

You guys are such Homer’s.  My poop smells the best type of deal.  We all own him on our team.  We all know he puts up some nice lines and then some super ugly lines.  No point in talking about the nice lines he put up for 5-6 games out of 82 games.  Season ranking is season ranking.  You take the good with the bad.  Why keep pointing out the awesome 5-6 games he put up out of a full season and avoid talking about the stinkers that he put up just as often?  Be real...the season ranking is what it is.  Ain’t no top 20 or even top 40 here.  But top 60-70 for a guy drafted late rounds is still awesome.  Take it for what it is.  

25 minutes ago, JballFan said:

You guys are such Homer’s.  My poop smells the best type of deal.  We all own him on our team.  We all know he puts up some nice lines and then some super ugly lines.  No point in talking about the nice lines he put up for 5-6 games out of 82 games.  Season ranking is season ranking.  You take the good with the bad.  Why keep pointing out the awesome 5-6 games he put up out of a full season and avoid talking about the stinkers that he put up just as often?  Be real...the season ranking is what it is.  Ain’t no top 20 or even top 40 here.  But top 60-70 for a guy drafted late rounds is still awesome.  Take it for what it is.  

You need to learn how to read.

As we pointed out before it was a sample size and it was what he was capable of. 

Lol, clearly you have nothing better to do other than coming here and trolling every time Timmy has a bad game.

Look, you refuse to understand the situation, so I'll summarize it:

1) All I said was he was top-25 for a month, for a period of 15 games. I gave the reasoning.

2) You said I was lying.

3) I gave the numbers.

4) You manipulated and still keep manipulating my words (like your message below, saying we keep pointing out 5-6 good games, while I clearly showed a 15-game good stretch.)

5) People called you out for your obvious childish behaviour.

Even if Timmy averages 4 pts from now on, it won't change any of these, so you don't need to come here. It won't make you right. Stop acting immaturely. Just move on. 

3 hours ago, JballFan said:

Edited by rush007
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, rush007 said:

Lol, clearly you have nothing better to do other than coming here and trolling every time Timmy has a bad game.

Look, you refuse to understand the situation, so I'll summarize it:

1) All I said was he was top-25 for a month, for a period of 15 games. I gave the reasoning.

2) You said I was lying.

3) I gave the numbers.

4) You manipulated and still keep manipulating my words (like your message below, saying we keep pointing out 5-6 good games, while I clearly showed a 15-game good stretch.)

5) People called you out for your obvious childish behaviour.

Even if Timmy averages 4 pts from now on, it won't change any of these, so you don't need to come here. It won't make you right. Stop acting immaturely. Just move on. 

Stop back peddleling.  Go back to the very beginning.  We were talking about what THJ rest of season outlook was just right before he came back from injury.  A few ppl and I stated he is in the 60 range.  You bring up he has top 20 upside and link to bballmonster reference to prove your point.  To show about 3 week period where he played top 21?  That’s how it started.  So that’s when I called u out and said rest of year ranking is avg of all the games not just a few hot weeks.  

So tell me.  Are you back peddling our did u just butt-in during a rest of year ranking talk to show top 21 ranking for no apparent reason?  

Lots of mid round 50-80 ranked players have a few hot weeks where they played top 20 ball.  Nothing new.

Edited by JballFan
5 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

You need to learn how to read.

As we pointed out before it was a sample size and it was what he was capable of. 

It was a rest of season projection discussion right befor he returned to action.  Sample size I get.  Talking top 20 numbers for 3 weeks in a “rest of season projection”? And trashing everyone who was saying top 60-70.  Now every time he puts up avg lines and stinkers u guys all turn into sensitive peve lol.  Can’t mention 4/4/1 cuz those lines don’t fall into the “sample size”.  

I can find a few game stretch when JJ redick played top 15 ball.  I can find top 25 stretch for Rodney Hood.  List goes on and on bro.  

lets talk rest of year ranking.  Where he at??  You can show me his games where he was top 20, but what’s his year end ranking?

Edited by JballFan

So this is how it feels to argue with Trump. Manipulative, and outright false statements. Again, you're wasting my time and derailing the thread by giving false information.

So, this is what you asked:

On 10/01/2018 at 1:10 AM, JballFan said:

I love this guy.  Held him without IR this whole time.  Barely holding on here.  But to expect top 40 numbers when he is back is kind of not realistic.  He wasn’t really top  40 even before he went down.

And I said: 

On 10/01/2018 at 7:52 AM, rush007 said:

Actually, he was. For a stretch of 15 games between his slow start (first 3 games) and the game games he played through his stress injury (last 3) he was a solid top-25 player. I'm expecting top-40 ROS, no less.

And you say you wanted proof: 

On 10/01/2018 at 9:49 AM, JballFan said:

Solid top 25?  Show me where he was top 25 in 9 category.  He is good but he not top 25 good.  And I don’t mean for a couple of games where he blew up.  He won’t be top 40 Rest of year either.

I gave the proof:

On 10/01/2018 at 10:47 AM, rush007 said:

Sure. There you go. As I said, no.20 on average for the timeframe I mentioned (minus his first three - slow start // last three games - playing through what turned to be a stress injury). I'm not talking about a couple games. You can check it out on BBM yourself. 

The only reason why he wouldn't be a top-40 player ROS is if he can't stay healthy, and this injury lingers. 

## THE FAMOUS IMAGE HERE##

And here we go with false accusations:

On 10/01/2018 at 11:48 PM, JballFan said:

That’s not standard yahoo settings.  10/26-11/27 he was not #20 on my BBM.  You are using custom settings maybe for your punt build buddy.  Get outta here with ur top 20 stuff bro.  We all love THJ but stop with the top 20 stuff man.  U look silly.

And it all went downhill. Unless you have the IQ of a ten year old, you can clearly see what's going on here. And as you can see in my first post, I never said he'll stay top-20 rest of season (another lie), I was expecting top-40. I still am. By the way, upside, in fantasy terms, means potential. It doesn't mean guaranteed production.

Since you're just trolling (I mean, I hope you're trolling), there's no point discussing this stuff anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

to quote my post from january:

"Its like people in tim hardaway thread saying he can be top 30 player and he is better asset then mccollum,ok but compare both players when they are off

and see what you will get.cj is top 70 when is out of form,THJ was waiwer material at the beggining of the season when he was off"

Now i think Hardaway has been fairly good,and he had that injury problems,but i never liked people throwing top30/top25 and estimating players values by hot streak..

According to threads here we have at least 80  top30 players,woudnt hurt to be little realistic :) 

Top 50-60 was the expectation that basically everyone in this thread agreed on. On the season he's at 68 in the last month he's at 64 and the last 2 weeks he's been at 96. So this past week (specifically the last 2 games) has bumped him out of the top 60 and this was his first time playing a back to back set since returning.

I wrote before he returned from the injury that his upside is top 40 and that was and still is the optimistic expectation I have. Still expecting a strong finish around rank 50 for ROS.

Good lord, J Ball.

Hope you got some filing cabinets nearby for all those "I TOLD YOU SO" events you are dying to keep track of. If you spend any time on this forum, you will assuredly make GREAT predictions and rebuttals as well as some awful and shameful ones. 

If THJ eclipsed top 25 for a stretch of time, suggesting he could reach top 20 at some point ROS is at least an arguable point.

Do I, or really most people, think that is going to be achieved? No

But,

Is it so outside the realm of possibility that when it fails to happen, it merits a several month debate recall to indict the predictor? 

You have better things to do, trust me. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, rush007 said:

So this is how it feels to argue with Trump. Manipulative, and outright false statements. Again, you're wasting my time and derailing the thread by giving false information.

So, this is what you asked:

And I said: 

And you say you wanted proof: 

I gave the proof:

And here we go with false accusations:

And it all went downhill. Unless you have the IQ of a ten year old, you can clearly see what's going on here. And as you can see in my first post, I never said he'll stay top-20 rest of season (another lie), I was expecting top-40. I still am. By the way, upside, in fantasy terms, means potential. It doesn't mean guaranteed production.

Since you're just trolling (I mean, I hope you're trolling), there's no point discussing this stuff anymore. 

Picking and choosing quotes.  And still expecting top 40 ranking.  Delusional and don’t know how to evaluate talent.  You prob last place in your league.  Ya he will be top 40 if u take out all the bad games and plug in custom date range where he blows up.  Sad case of denial.