Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tim Hardaway jr 2017-2018 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude in my league dropped him and got mad when I picked him up. I told him sometimes you need to learn lessons the hardaway.

I can't believe they couldn't see this. 

Dude. Perhaps I don't know about b-ball but you clearly don't know how to read. I'm not saying he'll be top-20 ROS. That is his upside as @j3rkthenurk and @ovofnd suggested. I'm just saying I expect h

Posted Images

Just now, JballFan said:

Well with Porzingis out of the way with knee injury.  THJ can now beat top 20.  Possibly top 10 as the Knicks #1 option?

Definitely. I predict he will be a top 10 Knicks player as the #1 option. I mean his closest Knick competition is Courtney Lee. He was already a top 2-5 depending on your definition Knicks player.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chud12 said:

X rays negative. 

 

Is there such thing as double negative? Because the way he was hurt, the x rays shouldve came back negative over negative and THJ should've gotten a lollipop.

 

Xray bill sent to Tim senior. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If he flopped.. I can live with that. Just gotta shoot his way out of his slump.. Again, contributing in other categories when his shot isn't falling.

Holding til the bitter end, I'd only be able to get pennies on the dollar for this guy anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tongs said:

If he flopped.. I can live with that. Just gotta shoot his way out of his slump.. Again, contributing in other categories when his shot isn't falling.

Holding til the bitter end, I'd only be able to get pennies on the dollar for this guy anyway.

 

Pennies on the dollar?  Bro, he top 20 bro.  Everyone knows this.  Don’t sell.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

mixed emotions here....they might have more incentives to shut him down near the end of the season which would help the tank. Porzingis was awful when hardaway went out and Hardaway may have a hard time without Prozingis out now. Number 1 option now which would lead to more bricks and higher usg so higher chance of reinjury :blink:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Shut down candidate, sure, but it's not like he can win the Knicks games anyway. Might be able to gauge his ROS outlook if they make any moves in the next few days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Was planning to drop, but now have to hold to see how this plays out. He has been brutal the last 4 games, but he can only get better (at least slightly!). Let's just see what happens..he can't be this bad forever (I hope).

 

Damn dropping THJ? How many people in your league?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

10 team league -- I wouldn't drop, but the PO race is so tight that owners have dropped Teague, Kuzma, and names of the like. However, I think Hardaway will bounce back.

 

Yeah, I would just hold for now. If he just finds his damn shot, he's a completely different player. Hopefully the best is yet to come with the unicorn out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hardaway is the guy you give up on and then it comes back to bite you big time.  People dropped after his first , what, 3 or 4 games?  He started out tonight 0-4 , but hit 4 shots in a row to go 4-8 , before missing his last 5 shots.  He's rounding his way out of a funk, people may say that with KP out , that the tank is on, and maybe that's true but I think that just means more leash for THJ to find his stroke. Even Hornacek was telling THJ to keep shooting.  I didn't see the "injury" tonight but if it's as obviously a flop as y'all suggest, then I expect him to take up a bigger role and eventually find his previous form again.  This is either a buy low moment or a drop him and regret later moment.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jin said:

 

Yeah, I would just hold for now. If he just finds his damn shot, he's a completely different player. Hopefully the best is yet to come with the unicorn out.

Exactly, it would be traumatic to drop him and see him ball out for another owner (playoffs start in two weeks). But I have so many damn injuries (Gordon, Ariza, Vooch, now THJ, and I had to drop RHJ).

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MynameisMudd said:

Hardaway is the guy you give up on and then it comes back to bite you big time.  People dropped after his first , what, 3 or 4 games?  He started out tonight 0-4 , but hit 4 shots in a row to go 4-8 , before missing his last 5 shots.  He's rounding his way out of a funk, people may say that with KP out , that the tank is on, and maybe that's true but I think that just means more leash for THJ to find his stroke. Even Hornacek was telling THJ to keep shooting.  I didn't see the "injury" tonight but if it's as obviously a flop as y'all suggest, then I expect him to take up a bigger role and eventually find his previous form again.  This is either a buy low moment or a drop him and regret later moment.  

 

THJ owners, those who actually drafted him and did the homework, knows the guy is a shooter and is really streaky. There has been plenty of games this year where he was cold for 3 quarters then lit it up in the 4th. 

 

Not giving up on this guy since I am in a 12 teamer. He will figure it out, especially now that eyes are on him with KP out. 

 

THJ is a fighter (except today went he got an ouchy =X ). 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...