NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tim Hardaway jr 2017-2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, JballFan said:

But 10/26 - 11/24 he was top 20 tho.

Exactly! Finally we agreed! 

Removed you from the ignore list momentarily to see if you're posting anything worth reading. Put you back there lolz

Guys feel free to drop if you can't make playoffs. The upside is still there, may come and bite you in the playoffs after he builds his brick house and starts making shots.

• Like 3
  • Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude in my league dropped him and got mad when I picked him up. I told him sometimes you need to learn lessons the hardaway.

I can't believe they couldn't see this. 

Dude. Perhaps I don't know about b-ball but you clearly don't know how to read. I'm not saying he'll be top-20 ROS. That is his upside as @j3rkthenurk and @ovofnd suggested. I'm just saying I expect h

Posted Images

1 hour ago, lacit1707 said:

honestly, him being shut down would be an easy drop then obviously...him just playing awful and killing my team and not being able to drop due to potential is worse imo

Thats what i think yeah..if i know he wont be shut down,i have no problem with his fg% he will snap out of it..

If he did eventually gets shut down we saink our fgs for nothing

Serious question though, do you guys really expect good value from shooters not named Redick based on FG?

Historically... Wes Matthews, Covington, Ariza, Hood, JR. Clearly guys like Klay and Gary are in a different league, but surely you guys anticipate low lows and high highs right?

Shooting wings will get hot and cold, and will either shoot you to the moon or down to oblivion on any given night.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, tongs said:

Serious question though, do you guys really expect good value from shooters not named Redick based on FG?

Historically... Wes Matthews, Covington, Ariza, Hood, JR. Clearly guys like Klay and Gary are in a different league, but surely you guys anticipate low lows and high highs right?

Shooting wings will get hot and cold, and will either shoot you to the moon or down to oblivion on any given night.

I agree. However, I have been keeping an eye on Reggie Bullock...great fg% and an anchor on 3s. No doubt THJ is going through a mental and playing slump right now though..just hope he snaps out of it before all the good WW guys are gone. He was doing well after the injury and before it..just seems like a bad stretch for him.

4 minutes ago, dboong said:

And would you look at that, now has a respectable line. People jump the gun so quick around here 

To be fair, if the guy shoots 1/10, 1/14, 3/19, 4/13, 4/14 we aren't really jumping the gun too quickly. And I am all about patience being the key to fantasy. You have to keep in mind that such shooting nights are likely (just like absolutely great shooting nights form him) and could end up costing you either a playoff spot, or the playoffs in general. The volume of shots is too great, which is why we panic.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

To be fair, if the guy shoots 1/10, 1/14, 3/19, 4/13, 4/14 we aren't really jumping the gun too quickly. And I am all about patience being the key to fantasy. You have to keep in mind that such shooting nights are likely (just like absolutely great shooting nights form him) and could end up costing you either a playoff spot, or the playoffs in general. The volume of shots is too great, which is why we panic.

There’s no need to justify why you dropped.  His FG is not good, that’s no secret.  And yes he is gonna take a lot of shots so yup it’s gonna hurt your FG.  He is a streaky shooter, so yup he gonna brick a ton of shots some night and blow up for 5-6 tripples another night.  

When he goes ice cold you gonna hear “drop city”.

when he blows up you gonna hear, “told ya he is a stud”.

This is why his adp is 100+.  Because if he is consistently dropping bombs then he would just be drafted in the early rounds.  I hope none of you drafted him in the early rounds so gotta live with the good and the bad.

This is the THJ roller coaster

Edited by JballFan
12 hours ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

I think it pretty much depends on your playoff situation. If you're in a comfortable spot, I do not see the point in dropping him, as it's unlikely you'll find a FA with similar potential. All you need is a good month out of him for playoffs. Last year, he flipped the switch post-ASB and averaged 17 pts on %47 shooting. If you're fighting for a playoff spot, then it's a different situation. 

By the way, Dedmon is great as well. He's got the starting gig, and he's also got high upside. So don't feel bad about it :) 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, dboong said:

And would you look at that, now has a respectable line. People jump the gun so quick around here 

jump the gun? dude has been real bad for a loong time...its not like hes had 2 bad games and people want to drop...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 10/02/2018 at 2:46 AM, Kicker said:

Thats what i think yeah..if i know he wont be shut down,i have no problem with his fg% he will snap out of it..

If he did eventually gets shut down we saink our fgs for nothing

Hopefully he will snap out of this trash shooting, just not today, not today

Can't help but think he getting jumped over mentally destroyed him

• Haha 1