Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tim Hardaway jr 2017-2018 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude in my league dropped him and got mad when I picked him up. I told him sometimes you need to learn lessons the hardaway.

I can't believe they couldn't see this. 

Dude. Perhaps I don't know about b-ball but you clearly don't know how to read. I'm not saying he'll be top-20 ROS. That is his upside as @j3rkthenurk and @ovofnd suggested. I'm just saying I expect h

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Just took a look at dude's preseason, and it was decent in terms of points and 3s. What the hell happened besides playing with scrubs?

Nothing, really.  He's a shooter that only provides value in other things when his shot is falling.  And it's not much reb/ast/stl/blk value even then.   Check out this game log from last year.  I more or less randomly chose only games where he attempted more than 10 shots, and shot 46%+ on them.

 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=game&year_min=2017&year_max=2018&is_playoffs=N&age_min=0&age_max=99&season_start=1&season_end=-1&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&player_id=hardati02&c1stat=fg_pct&c1comp=gt&c1val=.46&c2stat=fga&c2comp=gt&c2val=10&order_by=pts

 

This is what good Tim Hardaway is giving you.  The threes are good and the points are great for where you drafted him, but everything is else is just "fine".  When his shot isn't falling, you're not even getting those peripheral numbers.

 

The thing is that this cold streak is coinciding with the start of the season, so it's freaking people out.  But he had stretches of like this even last year, and he finished 107 in totals.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Nothing, really.  He's a shooter that only provides value in other things when his shot is falling.  And it's not much reb/ast/stl/blk value even then.   Check out this game log from last year.  I more or less randomly chose only games where he attempted more than 10 shots, and shot 46%+ on them.

 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=game&year_min=2017&year_max=2018&is_playoffs=N&age_min=0&age_max=99&season_start=1&season_end=-1&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&player_id=hardati02&c1stat=fg_pct&c1comp=gt&c1val=.46&c2stat=fga&c2comp=gt&c2val=10&order_by=pts

 

This is what good Tim Hardaway is giving you.  The threes are good and the points are great for where you drafted him, but everything is else is just "fine".  When his shot isn't falling, you're not even getting those peripheral numbers.

 

The thing is that this cold streak is coinciding with the start of the season, so it's freaking people out.  But he had stretches of like this even last year, and he finished 107 in totals.

 

 

Thanks for the info. The value is there, I'll probably drop a weak BK guy for him (2 games next week).

 

4 games for Timmy this coming week, could be when he breaks out of this slump.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom Chambers said:

Nothing, really.  He's a shooter that only provides value in other things when his shot is falling.  And it's not much reb/ast/stl/blk value even then.   Check out this game log from last year.  I more or less randomly chose only games where he attempted more than 10 shots, and shot 46%+ on them.

 

Love that query, I took the liberty of averaging his numbers, so we can see what he averages when he's shooting well:

pts/3pm/reb/ast/stl/blk/to

22/3/3/2.6/.76/.23/1.7

 

22 pts and 3 3pm, great! But the rest of that line is trash. I'm dropping when the right guy pops up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

But you can't get those points. If you don't need them, cool. But I'd trade him, not drop. 

 

The only league I have him in, he's a last round keeper. So I'm not really frustrated like most owners are.  I can understand not needing him for your build and thus trading him away. .  Can't understand dropping him, though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

But you can't get those points. If you don't need them, cool. But I'd trade him, not drop. 

 

The only league I have him in, he's a last round keeper. So I'm not really frustrated like most owners are.  I can understand not needing him for your build and thus trading him away. .  Can't understand dropping him, though. 

Nobody is trading for him...he'd have to be a throw in player. I'd just wait for someone to drop him before taking him in a deal. Would you trade for him? Of so what would you offer?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IkeDola510 said:

Nobody is trading for him...he'd have to be a throw in player. I'd just wait for someone to drop him before taking him in a deal. Would you trade for him? Of so what would you offer?

Yeah I would.

 

Again it depends on what your team already has and what you need, which gets complicated.  But like if I had Jordan Clarkson and wanted more of the same but better, I'd dangle him.   Someone's excited about Donovan Mitchell and I have him?  I'd give him up for THJ.  JJ Redick. For other types of players, move Sabonis for him before Turner comes back, for example.  Trevor Booker, maybe/

 

But again, if you're punting points, he's worthless.  If you're not punting FG%, he's almost worthless.  It's all about your build.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Yeah I would.

 

Again it depends on what your team already has and what you need, which gets complicated.  But like if I had Jordan Clarkson and wanted more of the same but better, I'd dangle him.   Someone's excited about Donovan Mitchell and I have him?  I'd give him up for THJ.  JJ Redick. For other types of players, move Sabonis for him before Turner comes back, for example.  Trevor Booker, maybe/

 

But again, if you're punting points, he's worthless.  If you're not punting FG%, he's almost worthless.  It's all about your build.

That's fair and understandable. I don't own him but I was targeting him this year. I see him struggling...I guess now would be the perfect time to grab him low though. I think the rookie Frank N will be the guy I want though. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IkeDola510 said:

That's fair and understandable. I don't own him but I was targeting him this year. I see him struggling...I guess now would be the perfect time to grab him low though. I think the rookie Frank N will be the guy I want though. 

 


Whats his value currently in 9cat? Who would you offer to for him?

The guy was just dropped in my 11team league.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes it takes a push start, shooting wise.  I didn't watch much of the previous games, but in this game a couple of his first shots were the result of an offensive rebound and an alley oop.  He just now was cutting to the basket and got an easy lay up. 

 

Just a few easy makes can get shooters' confidence up and then their shooting comes around.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...