NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Waiver Wire Touts - Week 3

phatrat

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your guys thoughts on Benjamin Watson versus Engram for a TE pickup? It seems like Watson has the nice floor with a high number of targets in a Ravens offense where as Engram I'm guessing will see fewer targets, but has better potential to score a TD.

2 minutes ago, Shimmer said:

What are your guys thoughts on Benjamin Watson versus Engram for a TE pickup? It seems like Watson has the nice floor with a high number of targets in a Ravens offense where as Engram I'm guessing will see fewer targets, but has better potential to score a TD.

I assume Engram will see more RZ targets. Watson will be more consistent with a higher floor (as you mentioned). Flacco always loves to throw to his TE.

33 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

Curious what happen to all the week 2 waiver wire darlings?

cohen- underperformed

galladay- underperformed

kupp- underperformed

kerwynn williams- underperformed

buck allen- over performed

like every year, fools gold thru wires. Free agency is where the real contrarian gold is stashed.

I wouldn't say that Cohen underperformed - he caught 8 passes for 55 receiving yards.  In PPR, that's hella solid.  He didn't take off like a rocket, but I think if you were looking for a Sproles player, he lived up to that expectation.

Golladay was targeted, just didn't pull many in.

I have my own reservations about the Rams and Kupp, but it's mainly the Rams and any of their receivers.  Expecting Goff to be the second coming is expecting far too much.  The Rams aren't going to throw it heavily in the red zone when they have Gurley and Greg The Leg.  The new coach just cares about getting wins, not lighting up the scoreboard.  He'll play it smart to eek out wins, and that's going to mean diminished red zone passing TDs on this team.

K. Williams - did anyone seriously expect much from 1/3 of a Cards timeshare?  I sure didn't.  He performed about as well as I anticipated he would.

Cohen and Golladay still have plenty of rope left to perform rest of season, heck, so even does Kupp.

Buck Allen was the most interesting because Week 2 was going to show us whether he was taking the lead share of the carries, and that's at least currently trending in the right direction after the Week 2 game.

50 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

cohen- underperformed

galladay- underperformed

kupp- underperformed

like every year, fools gold thru wires. Free agency is where the real contrarian gold is stashed.

don't forget Kamara (who i believe in long term, but no bueno vs Pats)

53 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

cohen- underperformed

galladay- underperformed

kupp- underperformed

JJ Nelson - overperformed

Kearse - overperformed

Marqise Lee- overperformed

Maybe you should find a new place to get your darling list. ;)

5 hours ago, fyasko said:

Curtis Samuel Carolina's 2nd round pick and new slot receiver.  If he ramps up his snap count he is going to be a huge weapon for them with Olsen out

I don't see that happening.  I wouldn't count on Samuel for fantasy production at all this season.

1 hour ago, championship or bust said:

cohen- underperformed

galladay- underperformed

kupp- underperformed

33 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

JJ Nelson - overperformed

Kearse - overperformed

Marqise Lee- overperformed

Maybe you should find a new place to get your darling list. ;)

percentage up in ESPN leagues last week

Cohen 27.7%  "only" scored 8.8 pts

Golladay 17.1%  he scored 1.3 pts

Williams 16.8% he scored 2.2 pts

Nelson 14%  he scored 20.5 pts

Kupp 11.5%  he scored 4.8 pts
Lee 7.8%  he scored  11.1 pts

Allen 7.8% he scored 20.8 pts

you have to believe the three hot commodities were Cohen,Williams & Golladay  ... all three failed

On Sunday Nelson got a lot attention because of John Brown being inactive

while we all knew Lee was going to be more involved with Robinson injury

Allen's increased workload came because of West injury

Kupp was an after-thought

Edited by shakestreet

3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

you have to believe the three hot commodities were Cohen,Williams & Golladay  ... all three failed

Cohen scored 12.8 pts PPR, good for RB19 in Week 2.  Such a fail.  I expect my WW adds to be RB1's, not some junk mid-level RB2.  :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

No. Before West sat out both Allen and West had around the same number of carries with Allen being heavily targeted in passing situations. West owners are in denial.

Really liking Higgins WR CLE and Everett TE LAR as under the radar flyers that could probably be had for free once waivers clear. Otherwise, here's who I have my eye on

Henry TE LAC (if dropped)

Engram TE NYG

Allen RB BAL

Siemian QB DEN

Cutler QB MIA (gets Jets and Saints next two weeks)

pretty short list, and there's a bunch of other dart throw WRs, but this is the top of my watch list for 12 team leagues 

31 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

Cohen scored 12.8 pts PPR, good for RB19 in Week 2.  Such a fail.  I expect my WW adds to be RB1's, not some junk mid-level RB2.  :rolleyes:

All the hype and "only" 8.8pts is a failure

21.3 pts in week 1 then 8.8... he failed 

he ranked 28th in RB's .... RW hyped him to the max was suppose to be sometype of GOD and he failed

you understand he failed...  I can assume other owners think he failed when you start the "human joystick" and he busts with 8.8 pts when i should have started Gore/Miller & Ingram types before the RW hyper Tarik Cohen

31 minutes ago, kobe24 said:

No. Before West sat out both Allen and West had around the same number of carries with Allen being heavily targeted in passing situations. West owners are in denial.

closer look you are right and I am NOT a West owner... so you can debunked that crap

8 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

he ranked 28th in RB's .... RW hyped him to the max was suppose to be sometype of GOD and he failed

you understand he failed...  I can assume other owners think he failed when you start the "human joystick" and he busts with 8.8 pts when i should have started Gore/Miller & Ingram types before the RW hyper Tarik Cohen

Every media and wanna be media outlets and so called experts touted "cohen" is the chosen one.

never seen so much hype for a backup rb on a bottom band team.

some kid even put $75 of $100 in my league. 

18 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Really liking Higgins WR CLE and Everett TE LAR as under the radar flyers that could probably be had for free once waivers clear. Otherwise, here's who I have my eye on

Henry TE LAC (if dropped)

Engram TE NYG

Allen RB BAL

Siemian QB DEN

Cutler QB MIA (gets Jets and Saints next two weeks)

pretty short list, and there's a bunch of other dart throw WRs, but this is the top of my watch list for 12 team leagues 

No way Higgins doesn't go unclaimed.

Allen should have been claimed last week.

Only guys available are probably the QBs

4 hours ago, Shimmer said:

I've spent plenty of time in the Engram thread trying to stem all of the ridiculously overblown posts about him. Fact is, he's a much better pickup than Watson if both are available. Watson could end up as a pretty solid streamer or low-end TE1 though, but I wouldn't count on it.

4 hours ago, championship or bust said:

cohen- underperformed

galladay- underperformed

kupp- underperformed

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

while we all knew Lee was going to be more involved with Robinson injury

Kupp was an after-thought

Wait it's possible for WW pickups to underperform? Wow what a shocker. 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Cohen was solid in PPR (what the other guy is arguing) and mediocre in standard (what you're arguing). 2 completely different games and this argument is pretty pointless. Cohen was always going to be a better asset to have in PPR leagues compared to standard leagues. 

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic