NBC Sports Edge Forums

Waiver Wire Touts - Week 3

35 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Also picked up Darkwa today.  Not expecting much but him and Perkins have ran behind the same OL and Darkwa is averaging over 5 yards a carry while Perkins is around 2 ypc.  Plus, I think Darkwa has more ability to catch the ball from what I've seen than he's given credit for.

The Giants have to do something to spark their offense.  Darkwa hit holes hard and doesn't seem to hesitate like Perkins.  The just have to get a run game of some sort going to set up some play action for guys like Odell and Engram.

I just did the same thing. Sounds like there’s a possibility he takes the job this week and they may move some guys around on the offensive line. When OBJ comes back healthy that could also open up the running game by making defenses more honest. If you have a bench player who you would drop for a waiver wire add next week then make the move ahead of the curve. Won’t cost you anything. 

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, owenmills said:

It helps pad the RBs stats, especially in PPR, which can turn an awful game mediocre and a mediocre game good.  QBs that can't pass tend to lean on their RBs even more too.

The point is that Houston's running back isn't going to get many points on 3rd and long anyway. It'd be a much bigger deal if we were talking about Alex Smith's running back only getting work on 1st and 2nd down.

Willie "Beamin" Snead is my grab this week.

There he was, just chilling on the wire, waiting to join my team, serve out the rest of his suspension (this Sunday) then ball out vs. Miami in week 4, work his way off my bench, and run away with that Flex role. Drew Breeeeeeeees Leggo!

1 hour ago, dogfightgiggle said:

Phillip Dorsett

Ben Watson

Alex Collins

Tyler Higbee

Passing on Darkwa.  I feel that he's had his chances.  Waiting for Gallman to get a shot late season and hoping for a random stud.

I’d lean Gerald Everett over Higbee if you want to speculate on a Rams’ TE.

Foreman, to me, is a fortnight away from being the GL back, short yardage back and clock killing back.

Nearly every game after week 5 projects as a reasonable game script for HOU (minus @SEA and maybe @TEN) considering their D. If Watson can improve even a little bit, DF should have some interesting performances.

Obviously, I could be wrong on him. But being wrong 95 times is what allows me to hit the lottery 5 times. It usually takes one or two to win a title. I picked him up off of FA the minute waivers cleared. Had a feeling he'd get a nice workload and 12 carries in his first real career game was pretty awesome.

Plugged Corey Davis to IR so I can Pick up Alex Collin who plays at 6:30am on Sunday.  When I wake up, can stream him for an idp player if he does nothing.  Like what I did with Breida who is playing thursday night in case something happens to Hyde.  

5 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

I just did the same thing. Sounds like there’s a possibility he takes the job this week and they may move some guys around on the offensive line. When OBJ comes back healthy that could also open up the running game by making defenses more honest. If you have a bench player who you would drop for a waiver wire add next week then make the move ahead of the curve. Won’t cost you anything. 

As a Giants Fan I'll tell you Darkwa is a better runningback right now. It just comes down to the coaching staff giving him the opportunity.

1 hour ago, dafreaks said:

Better free agent add, rank these three: Breida, Collins or Darkwa. 

Collins and Darkwa weren't available this week in my 14 teamer, so I picked up Breida (was thinking about Josh Gordon, and thanks to those who weighed in on it...).  I think Hyde is an injury waiting to happen, and Breida has played well in opportunities given.  For now, a lottery ticket that could pan into an RB2 later in the season is how I see it.  Has some receiving ability which is a bonus in my league which is PPR.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKNIrU8X0AEluNH.jpg:large
Today on his snapchat
Who is he reaching out to hmmmmmmmm "LA" "TX" Chargers are full .Rams have a bum QB, Texans? Cowboys? Da

Tomorrow is the big day Gordon can officially apply after leaving rehab . The Browns filled up their last open roster spot with rookie cornerback Akron Jackson unless they make a drop Gordon prob not returning . Pick him up and you'll never know where he lands (I wish the Patriots ) just to stick it to Goodell .

Bla Bla Bla know everybody sick of Flash  .IDGAF he can be dropped within these next 2 weeks depend on the NFL or the opposite  High Reward WR that can win you a championship late this season .

32 minutes ago, konstao said:

MIKE WILLIAMS

last call

Just wondering- why are you guys high on this guy?

I've been looking for a WR to pick up but it's hard for me to see how Mike Williams can be effective with so many mouths to feed on the chargers 

1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

It's Christmas in September! Josh Gordon gets out of rehab today! I wonder if he'll really play week 4.

I'm rooting for Gordon and own him in one league....But I'd bet the ranch he won't be playing within 2 weeks.

Too much has to happen IMO....Goodell actually doing some work, the Browns actually taking him back, practice time, etc.  

I do think he'll be back sometime this year but I'd be surprised if  it's before mid season.

1 hour ago, Kobewankenobi said:

I've been looking for a WR to pick up but it's hard for me to see how Mike Williams can be effective with so many mouths to feed on the chargers 

Agreed. Have a hard time even considering a guy who has missed most if not all of TC, and doesn't have a rapport with Rivers.  Just don't see him being much of a factor this season without some injuries.

Edited by Red Dog
1 hour ago, Kobewankenobi said:

he is a 6-4 WR playing with one of the most accurate QB in a highly offensive team

A team doesnt choose someone with the 7th pick of the draft too leave him out the field

hes running routes and catching passes already ... he's going to be the new rivers red zone toy ...

i think he is a nice stash, much better than Allen Hurns and those kind of waiver wrs 

just saying, while he is free...

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic