NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rashard Higgins 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, taobball said:

Okay, but no one ever said to expect it. There's a difference between laying out a possibility and calling it an expectation. that's my point. 

Agholor has Smith, Jeffery, Ertz to compete with. All of whom seem more involved in the offense. Higgins might be THE most invovled guy in the offense. Agholor has zero chance of that. Very very very different. 

If we're talking possibilities, why stop there?  Its possible he finishes the year as the #1 overall WR.  I can lay that scenario out for you as well.

The most reasonable return on this guy is as a spot starter option/flex in good matchups until Coleman gets back.  Once Coleman is back, Higgins is the #2 or #3 option on a bad team with a rookie quarterback.  Doesn't sound anywhere near a WR2 to me. 

That doesn't mean he can be useful of course.  He gets the Jets next week.  He'll be on a lot of sleeper start 'em lists for that one.

4 minutes ago, kp96 said:

If we're talking possibilities, why stop there?  Its possible he finishes the year as the #1 overall WR.  I can lay that scenario out for you as well.

The most reasonable return on this guy is as a spot starter option/flex in good matchups until Coleman gets back.  Once Coleman is back, Higgins is the #2 or #3 option on a bad team with a rookie quarterback.  Doesn't sound anywhere near a WR2 to me. 

That doesn't mean he can be useful of course.  He gets the Jets next week.  He'll be on a lot of sleeper start 'em lists for that one.

Coleman might be back in 8 weeks. Lot that can be done with 7-10 targets/game for at least that stretch. Stash him now and see...that's how leaguewinners make it onto your roster instead of your opponents'. 

9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

anyone of these browns wr can take over based on this game. it's a weekly  competition going forward

Yes.  Josh Gordon played about as well as all of them.  I think he's first on the pecking order.

Can anyone give any more details to his performance? Obviously the statline shows nothing. But was it the kind of game where Hue might not give him any more opportunities? Was he pulled from the game? How bad were the drops?

31 minutes ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Can anyone give any more details to his performance? Obviously the statline shows nothing. But was it the kind of game where Hue might not give him any more opportunities? Was he pulled from the game? How bad were the drops?

I have the same questions...Did Kizer even look his way? Targets?

Decoy of the year award.

Rewatched some of the Ravens game, Higgins receptions. The Ravens were really playing some soft coverage that day. A lot of zone or mixed coverage. A lot of time Higgins was wide open on the shorter routes because the Ravens were letting them have the shorter stuff. I saw that before I grabbed him off waivers, but chose to ignore it and hope for the best.

So of course the Colts probably focused on slowing him down because of all the hype, but I am assuming that because I did not see the game. I'm probably going to hold him for another week, see how he does.