NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jason Witten 2017 Outlook

I was literally just thinking all week, where the heck is this guy's thread... I honestly drafted him as a safety net for Doyle because I had a feeling that Doyle was going to be a bit of a risk, but ol' faithful has been straight $$ thus far. My hope is that he can sustain it.  Would you try and sell high at this point, or keep pluggin him in? 

With all the other TE injuries going on, Witten could be a golden ticket

2 hours ago, TheAwakening said:

The way Marty played, it hurt having Witten blowing up on my bench... I'm seriously considering starting Witten going forward... guy has become Dak's security blanket.

I think that's exactly what's happening. Dak has been using him on big downs where they need to move the chains. Witten is still a big body out there with great hands and he's not getting a ton of attention because of the other offensive weapons. 

This guy just continues to get no respect.

Much was made about all the #1 corners Dez has to deal with this year.  I targeted Witten late in my drafts as a result thinking it would naturally lead to more opportunities for him.  It's worked out pretty well.

If he can find a way to get 5-6 TD's on the season with his normal 5-6 catches every game, he could be a great value.

1 minute ago, csv2209 said:

Is anyone trying to trade up for other notable TEs with Witten's first two performances? He has been a gem for my team, but I am wondering if it might be worth it to sell high or to just keep plugging him in

Keep rolling with him imo. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this last week was much more encouraging with his usage, minus that BOGUS fumble at the end of the game when they were just doing the lateral drill... I wonder after that 2 game stint if they realized that Witten is actually useful and extremely important for keeping the chains moving.  

There really isnt anything this year in the TE department outside of the top 3 TEs...  I've thought about trying to package Witten and something else on my bench for a guy like Delanie Walker, just don't know 

Witten should feast the next 2 weeks vs SF and Washington. He's got a nice schedule the last 4 weeks as well vs WAS/NYG/OAK/SEA.

The Arizona game clunker somewhat made sense, they dominated the Cards for the final 3 quarters, it wasn't as close as the score indicated.

The clunker against the Rams in a 65 point shootout didn't make much sense to me, but Zeke went wild in that game. If Zeke gets suspended that probably means more 3rd and longs for him to catch little PPRs over the middle. 

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, RolandoRoomes said:

Not even wroth rostering now in a 12 man league, a dag gone shame

I mean with FA's getting 4-5 catches constantly, why hold onto Witten?

It doesn't even matter to me anymore.  TE is a total crapshoot, the position has become play only if an entire team's WR core is out.  Ebron, Clay, Henry, Hooper, Kittle and now Witten... its just roulette.  I mean ffs Julius Thomas put up elite numbers last night.  Just gimme a dart board and a pint, don't show me the numbers and I'll have better results with TE.

32 minutes ago, ap0calypse said:

It doesn't even matter to me anymore.  TE is a total crapshoot, the position has become play only if an entire team's WR core is out.  Ebron, Clay, Henry, Hooper, Kittle and now Witten... its just roulette.  I mean ffs Julius Thomas put up elite numbers last night.  Just gimme a dart board and a pint, don't show me the numbers and I'll have better results with TE.

I hear ya! Since I lost the CIncy TE never to be named, I have played the dart throw weekly with success, except this week with Witten.......

Do you think Witten vs ATL is superior  this week?

• jbshaw locked this topic