09.18.2017 - MNF - Detroit Lions @ NY Giants

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, burninglegs said:

Guess you are another one that doesn't understand the zero-RB theory then. You need to do some more reading. Picking the right players is part of the strategy as that strategy gives you the best chance at picking the right players.

I understand the strategy.  No strategy is flawless and to fool yourself into thinking into a box will set you up for failure.   

3 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Guess you are another one that doesn't understand the zero-RB theory then. You need to do some more reading. Picking the right players is part of the strategy as that strategy gives you the best chance at picking the right players.

Tell us again how Terrell Pryor is a top 3 WR :D

2 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

May be time to drop Abdullah 

Was hoping he would have a good game so I could trade him for anything...might have the least vision of any RB in the league as he always finds the defender

1 minute ago, Jordan23 said:

3 & 16...Abdullah in instead of Riddick?

Might be a little bigger and better blocker as they need help on the left side

Just now, theSPANKER said:

I understand the strategy.  No strategy is flawless and to fool yourself into thinking into a box will set you up for failure.   

- Fantasy football is unpredictable. 

- No way as a player to predict who will do well and who won't.

- Zero-RB admits that you can't know who will do well, so you try and put yourself in the best position to do well.

- RB is the most unpredictable position, partly due to the injury concerns.

- As a result, you don't want to invest high draft value in the position with the most unpredictability. 

- With heavy WR drafting, you are at a higher chance to hit on several studs. 

- With the anti-fragility aspect, as the RB landscape gets more dire, your RBs become more valuable as you draft those RBs who's roles expand with the injury of a RB higher up on the depth chart. 

- Zero-RB team gets stronger as the season goes on.

Obviously you have to draft the right players and have luck that your team doesn't suffer from injuries. But zero-RB best sets you up for this. Obviously this is geared more for PPR leagues and especially where you can start 3 WRs. Standard leagues it is different. 

Start all Defenses against the Giants while ODB is a decoy? Eli just falls down with any contact now

Just now, burninglegs said:

- Fantasy football is unpredictable. 

- No way as a player to predict who will do well and who won't.

- Zero-RB admits that you can't know who will do well, so you try and put yourself in the best position to do well.

- RB is the most unpredictable position, partly due to the injury concerns.

- As a result, you don't want to invest high draft value in the position with the most unpredictability. 

- With heavy WR drafting, you are at a higher chance to hit on several studs. 

- With the anti-fragility aspect, as the RB landscape gets more dire, your RBs become more valuable as you draft those RBs who's roles expand with the injury of a RB higher up on the depth chart. 

- Zero-RB team gets stronger as the season goes on.

Obviously you have to draft the right players and have luck that your team doesn't suffer from injuries. But zero-RB best sets you up for this. Obviously this is geared more for PPR leagues and especially where you can start 3 WRs. Standard leagues it is different. 

Yep - don't do 0 RB myself - I don't play PPR. 

But this is the most comprehensive explanation I've seen. If you go 0 RB these are the fundamental concepts.

9 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

Why did they sign B Marsh? I don't own him but the Giants make like no effort to get him the ball. Eli drops back and doesn't even bother looking his way 

He is not even in half the time.