NBC Sports Edge Forums

09.18.2017 - MNF - Detroit Lions @ NY Giants

Just now, ShowStopper said:

why people fell for the Abdullah hype again. He's not a 3 down back

He is not even a 1 down back. Disregard any "expert" that had him in the top 200 on their draft rankings

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

- Fantasy football is unpredictable. 

- No way as a player to predict who will do well and who won't.

- Zero-RB admits that you can't know who will do well, so you try and put yourself in the best position to do well.

- RB is the most unpredictable position, partly due to the injury concerns.

- As a result, you don't want to invest high draft value in the position with the most unpredictability. 

- With heavy WR drafting, you are at a higher chance to hit on several studs. 

- With the anti-fragility aspect, as the RB landscape gets more dire, your RBs become more valuable as you draft those RBs who's roles expand with the injury of a RB higher up on the depth chart. 

- Zero-RB team gets stronger as the season goes on.

Obviously you have to draft the right players and have luck that your team doesn't suffer from injuries. But zero-RB best sets you up for this. Obviously this is geared more for PPR leagues and especially where you can start 3 WRs. Standard leagues it is different. 

You still have to hit on the right players regardless.  Tell me right now, how many of those top WRs are performing up to their draft position right now?  Yes RB is more volatile and more injury prone but no risk no reward carries weight too.  

I've picked up top tier WRs off the waiver wire too.   ODB come to mind.   

8 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Tell us again how Terrell Pryor is a top 3 WR :D

Never have I said Pryor is a top 3 WR. I have said he has the potential for that as his ceiling. If you are going to try and quote me, at least be accurate about it.

Just now, grimsfield said:

He's still only the running down back on a team with one of the highest passing play percentages in the league.

Just now, ShowStopper said:

Yeah one good run and he's a work horse now. Lol 

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

Abdullah was the worst RB in the NFL. After ripping off that nice run he's back in RB2 territory. Welcome to rotoworld.

People are overreacting to 1.25 games this season.  Abdullah is a talented RB getting around 15 touches per game in a good offense.  Dropping him is beyond silly and reactionary.

1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

You still have to hit on the right players regardless.  Tell me right now, how many of those top WRs are performing up to their draft position right now?  Yes RB is more volatile and more injury prone but no risk no reward carries weight too.  

I've picked up top tier WRs off the waiver wire too.   ODB come to mind.   

I wouldn't base 2017 ff off of just 2 games. Scoring and QB play is down league wide. I don't expect that to continue ROS and expect things to revert back to the mean over the course of the season. This is still a passing/QB based league.

Just now, burninglegs said:

Never have I said Pryor is a top 3 WR. I have said he has the potential for that as his ceiling. If you are going to try and quote me, at least be accurate about it.

It still all boils down to picking the right players and zero RB provides little to no edge, especially when other people are doing it too. Especially in PPR this season where the middle rounds were littered with high volume WRs. But whatever, people can draft however they want

1 minute ago, affliction said:

well if washington hurt his groin he might be the goal line back now

They'll just activate Zenner. Gotta maintain 3. 1-2-3.

Abdullah's problem is he's not shifty enough to make people miss, and he's not strong enough to run through tackles. He's a good runner, he just doesn't have any strengths in avoiding the tackle.

Just now, Ffguy0087 said:

I was talking about your idiotic statement based off of one run. And don't lie and say it was anything other than that.

That one statement was in reaction to a flood of posts talking about dropping Abdullah.  That one run showed what he can do.