NBC Sports Edge Forums

09.18.2017 - MNF - Detroit Lions @ NY Giants

Just now, Chwf3rd said:

People are overreacting to 1.25 games this season.  Abdullah is a talented RB getting around 15 touches per game in a good offense.  Dropping him is beyond silly and reactionary.

I dont even own him, so I can drop him and I wouldn't drop him. That said, I don't own him for a reason.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Abdullah is one of those guys who needs space, he doesn't make good reads in between the tackles.  You give him a hole and he can dance, but ask him to find a crease between the tackles and he isn't that effective.   If we had a good Oline it would work, but it doesn't.

Just now, burninglegs said:

I wouldn't base 2017 ff off of just 2 games. Scoring and QB play is down league wide. I don't expect that to continue ROS and expect things to revert back to the mean over the course of the season. This is still a passing/QB based league.

Okay fair enough but there are still going to be disappointments....happens every year.

I'm currently multi-tasking while watching the game so I can fully devote attention to this conversation.  We can take it to the strategy thread in the future.  

Just now, Chwf3rd said:

That one statement was in reaction to a flood of posts talking about dropping Abdullah.  That one run showed what he can do.

To be fair he didn't really do too much there. He had a pretty wide open lane.

Also I don't think anyone was seriously saying they would drop him. Feel like everyone knows gameday threads are super reactionary and fun...

4 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Tate has a phenomenal game last week, I don't play him. Everybody predicts he'll go off on the Giants like he did last year, and he's barely in this game. My life in fantasy football summed up.

All we know is pain

Just now, Sternes said:

Abdullah is one of those guys who needs space, he doesn't make good reads in between the tackles.  You give him a hole and he can dance, but ask him to find a crease between the tackles and he isn't that effective.   If we had a good Oline it would work, but it doesn't.

If he has a gaping hole, he's pretty good

you know, like every RB 

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

It still all boils down to picking the right players and zero RB provides little to no edge, especially when other people are doing it too. Especially in PPR this season where the middle rounds were littered with high volume WRs. But whatever, people can draft however they want

That is just incorrect. The zero-RB team gets stronger as the season progresses as you are basing your team on anti-fragility. Your team gets stronger from that disorder/stress from RB injuries in the league.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifragility

1 minute ago, DekuTree said:

They'll just activate Zenner. Gotta maintain 3. 1-2-3.

Abdullah's problem is he's not shifty enough to make people miss, and he's not strong enough to run through tackles. He's a good runner, he just doesn't have any strengths in avoiding the tackle.

I've seen him run through several tackles this game. The guy is shifty and can run with power. They've had a tough schedule and I don't really think they're a great run blocking team to begin with though. It's not like they're opening big holes for Abdullah and he's going down on first contact. 

That is just incorrect. The zero-RB team gets stronger as the season progresses as you are basing your team on anti-fragility. Your team gets stronger from that disorder/stress from RB injuries in the league.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifragility

You do realize that fantasy football is gambling, right? There is no right or wrong way to do it

Zero RB is overrated

Year after year I end up picking up WRs late in the draft or off of waivers that do just fine.

RBs are more injury prone yes, but when you land one of those studs that don't get hurt that year you are very, very difficult to take down if you're half way decent at hitting on your waiver wire

You are going to lose because your team isn't very good.

Highest score this week...opponent is getting every bounce his way apparently

Just now, lolcopter said:

You do realize that fantasy football is gambling, right? There is no right or wrong way to do it

You do realize gambling is based off of odds, right? That there are ways to increase your odds for success. That there are certain situations where the odds are against you and you should fold/not continue betting. 

Just now, yahyahtrick said:

I don't think he'll be great but AA has 45 total yards on 9 touches at halftime, and would have 65 if that non-holding call wasn't called.

In a world scarce of RBs, not bad if you ask me. Definitely not droppable.

Giants are not playing like they want to win...and now it's carrying over the the D.