NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alex Collins 2017 Season Outlook

Didn't see a 2017 thread.

Scooped up by the Ravens and immediately thrown into the fire on Sunday.  7 carries for 42 yards.  He was limited to 11 games with the Seahawks last year but carried 31 times for 125 yards and a TD.

Pete Carroll on Collins going forward: "I think he earned [more snaps]," Harbaugh said. "When you play well you earn more playing time."

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Running-Back-Alex-Collins-Earns-Himself-More-Snaps/d6ddbb63-8941-4453-83db-14be3bd4a362

It appears West is dealing with a soft-tissue injury.  Any chance Collins takes over as the Ravens' early-down back?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Didn't see a 2017 thread.

Scooped up by the Ravens and immediately thrown into the fire on Sunday.  7 carries for 42 yards.  He was limited to 11 games with the Seahawks last year but carried 31 times for 125 yards and a TD.

Pete Carroll on Collins going forward: "I think he earned [more snaps]," Harbaugh said. "When you play well you earn more playing time."

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Running-Back-Alex-Collins-Earns-Himself-More-Snaps/d6ddbb63-8941-4453-83db-14be3bd4a362

It appears West is dealing with a soft-tissue injury.  Any chance Collins takes over as the Ravens' early-down back?

Way to early for that line of thinking but man, he looked explosive.

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He really is, collins has pass catching chops too.

Ravens oline looks great this year, its why west, allen, and collins have all had success so far.

Losing Yanda for the year is a big blow to the Ravens line.

His speed is what catches your eye. He has this weird, almost high-stepping, pointed-toe running style, but on one of those runs, he was through most of the entire Browns defense before they even noticed. You can kinda see all of them turn around as he races by. This guy's explosive, the Ravens definitely need to see what he can do for them. 

This is in fact a laughable clip. If #13 blocks his one man instead of embarrassingly missing him, Collins has a TD. 

Edited by gimme the ball
4 minutes ago, 77georgec said:

Losing Yanda for the year is a big blow to the Ravens line.

Yes it is.  Changes that line quite a bit.

Here is a comment from a Ravens baltimorebeatdown.com thread     " But it’s worth noting he fumbled a s--- ton in college too (17 times in three years, nine of which he lost). Big problem. Hope he can get it straightened out because he might be the most talented pure runner on the roster. "

3 minutes ago, wahl35 said:

Yes it is.  Changes that line quite a bit.

Here is a comment from a Ravens baltimorebeatdown.com thread     " But it’s worth noting he fumbled a s--- ton in college too (17 times in three years, nine of which he lost). Big problem. Hope he can get it straightened out because he might be the most talented pure runner on the roster. "

Dalvin cook fumbled in college too. 

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Dalvin cook fumbled in college too. 

Yep. Just adding that for info. The Ravens' fans seem to be excited about him. Here is a follow up about that fumble.

" …only came as he was twisting around, trying to gain an extra yard at the end. Harbs and Collins both said that they had a talk and came to an understanding that next time he should just go down in that situation. Kinda the way they talked to Pierce about trying to run after recovering a fumble last year. Players learn pretty quick what they’re capable of, i dont think it will be an issue. I personally think Collins is going to a huge pickup for us. He looked very explosive and very fast out there….

Edited by wahl35
1 minute ago, wahl35 said:

Yep. Just adding that for info. The Ravens' fans seem to be excited about him. Here is a foll up about that fumble.

" …only came as he was twisting around, trying to gain an extra yard at the end. Harbs and Collins both said that they had a talk and came to an understanding that next time he should just go down in that situation. Kinda the way they talked to Pierce about trying to run after recovering a fumble last year. Players learn pretty quick what they’re capable of, i dont think it will be an issue. I personally think Collins is going to a huge pickup for us. He looked very explosive and very fast out there….

Just like in college

43 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

http://m.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Buck-Allens-Breakout-Has-Been-a-Long-Time-Coming/74ebe6f6-91c0-46f6-9ec3-fb87bf872242

This guy sounds promising ... maybe he can have Alex Collins' HoF jacket dry cleaned 

The sarcasm is worthless, pick up whoever you want but buck needed 14 carries to get 66 yards alex collins got 42 yards in 7. 

Too bad you cant be at all the ravens games like you do the giants, then maybe you could see whats going on in BAL.

Heard Harbaugh gushing about Collins after the gane. I didnt hear the glowing reviews from harbaugh for allen but the article written should make allen feel better about himself.

He played 8 snaps. He didn't fumble on 7 of them ... give me a break.

Comes off the bench vs a tired terrible defense and rips off some long gains ... could you guys overreact any more? What time is his hall of fame enshrinement?

(Yes, I own Buck. No, I'm not "butt hurt" - he's my RB4/5 at the moment) 

2 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Comes off the bench vs a tired terrible defense and rips off some long gains ... could you guys overreact any more? What time is his hall of fame enshrinement?

On the plus side he plays in London so you can pick him up and drop him before anyone wakes up :)

6 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Was Allen not playing against that terrible defense? Who did he get his 66 yards against? Or was his tougher yards cause the defense was fresher?

In fantasy football im interested in an up and coming stud available for pickup, not an average underachiever.

Alex Collins has gone from practice squad to 2nd string RB in the span of about 10 days and his head coach says playing like that is how you earn more snaps.

“He had a little bit of quickness and speed,” Head Coach John Harbaugh said. “He was kind of fresh at the end, and I thought it gave us something in the fourth quarter, against a defense that was playing fourth-quarter football.”

what a glowing, dare i say, "gushing" outlook  

“Buck has really good skills in the pass game and protection, too,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Friday. “Buck is definitely going to step up and get an opportunity. It’s his role. It’s his role to fill. I’m looking forward to seeing how he does.” - this was before his 100 total yard performance where he finished 2nd on the team in targets as well. 

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast
4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Was Allen not playing against that terrible defense? Who did he get his 66 yards against? Or was his tougher yards cause the defense was fresher?

In fantasy football im interested in an up and coming stud available for pickup, not an average underachiever.

Alex Collins has gone from practice squad to 2nd string RB in the span of about 10 days and his head coach says playing like that is how you earn more snaps.

I like what i saw. Explosive style. Ill stash him after waivers clear and see what transpires. At least he has a coach that wouldn't be afraid to use him unlike mularkey who is an utter buffoon. 

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

“He had a little bit of quickness and speed,” Head Coach John Harbaugh said. “He was kind of fresh at the end, and I thought it gave us something in the fourth quarter, against a defense that was playing fourth-quarter football.”

what a glowing, dare i say, "gushing" outlook  

tenor.gif