NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alex Collins 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, martinjlm said:

82 rushing yards is 8.2 points in all formats.

6 rec for 82 yards is 11.2 or 14.2 depending on your PPR scoring. Yep, it makes a big difference.

And a consistent 8 pts won't win my week.

Who's the comparison? Who was equally available as Collins that gives more points in receptions? Nobody. Collins was a WW pickup and there's virtually nobody else like that whos consistently putting up 12-13. All those guys were already taken. So let's be real ffs. 

You know what ??? If you believe in a player, you make the move ,..it may be outside the box , and against popular opinions/expectations...but most people aren't coming here for "competitive bickering" feuds. 

Please...,stick to relevance and not your ego. 

17 minutes ago, jiamm14 said:

You know what ??? If you believe in a player, you make the move ,..it may be outside the box , and against popular opinions/expectations...but most people aren't coming here for "competitive bickering" feuds. 

Please...,stick to relevance and not your ego. 

I do believe in Collins but i dont want to lose this week. Im 4-0 in 12 team standard and want my streak to continue... Its Collins or Theilen (wr minn) in my flex spot. Im still not 100% sure who to start. Hmmmmmmmm...

I picked him up to stash but I'm not very optimistic. If he fumbles tomorrow he is as good as dead. Plus, I don't believe his OL is any good. He may be their best runner but if he fumbles every 12 carries he won't play.  Hopefully he called Tiki Barber or Coach Coughlin this week for some lessons. 

If he fumbles this week i hate to say it but he would be an immediate drop.

If he does not fumble this week he will be the #1 ww add of the week, i feel fairly confident saying that, his talent is not in question. If he holds onto the ball for 15-18 touches he will have over 100 total yards and a great shot at a TD

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
6 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

Let's not get carried away. He's a serviceable bye week fill in at best.

This week yeah, the hope is that he can become a weekly starter.  If west was able to do it i don't see why Collins can't. 

30 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

Let's not get carried away. He's a serviceable bye week fill in at best.

Ok, everyone.  You heard it.  Show's over.  Wrap it up.

Btw, if AC can somehow hold onto the ball, he is a definite RB2.  So please, spare me your detailed synopsis.

59 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If he fumbles this week i hate to say it but he would be an immediate drop.

If he does not fumble this week he will be the #1 ww add of the week, i feel fairly confident saying that, his talent is not in question. If he holds onto the ball for 15-18 touches he will have over 100 total yards and a great shot at a TD

Hope this happens. With Kamara and Freeman on bye i'm plugging him in and letting it ride. Saw him cough it up last week and made up my mind to evict him. Then he pops off that 50+ yarder and rent is paid for another week. 

Edited by 77georgec

You have to figure since the Raiders can be run on, and the Raiders offense will be garbage without Carr that Baltimore RBs should get plenty of work tomorrow. How that work will be divided, I honestly don't have a clue, but right now all signs pointing to Collins as the biggest beneficiary.

Just checking: this is the same Alex Collins who could not get on the field last year for Seattle when they had CMike, a busted-up CJ Prosise, and Thomas Rawls trying to run around on one leg?

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Just checking: this is the same Alex Collins who could not get on the field last year for Seattle when they had CMike, a busted-up CJ Prosise, and Thomas Rawls trying to run around on one leg?

I thought he was on and off injured? Not 100% sure though. Doesn’t really matter what happened in Seattle, he’s got his opportunity now. Let’s see if he can seize it and hold it (pun intended). 

8 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Dude, who cares?