NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Alex Collins 2017 Season Outlook

smeeze

1 minute ago, 77georgec said:

Dude, who cares? 

When I select players for the fake football, I take into consideration many things.  One of them is whether the player is any good.  Failing to establish himself last year, on a team flat out desperate for running backs, does not seem like a good sign.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Just checking: this is the same Alex Collins who could not get on the field last year for Seattle when they had CMike, a busted-up CJ Prosise, and Thomas Rawls trying to run around on one leg?

Well, when you put it that way...    

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

When I select players for the fake football, I take into consideration many things.  One of them is whether the player is any good.  Failing to establish himself last year, on a team flat out desperate for running backs, does not seem like a good sign.

The Pats build their roster off of Bills castoffs. Not saying the Hawks are the Bills, but I don’t think you can rely on a players value to another team to necessarily assess his talent. This is the NFL, right place right time and you could end up being serviceable. 

That's true.  Although Gillislee thrived in Buffalo last year and New England kinda stole him because of the Bills incompetence (low tender).  Whereas Collins did nothing last year and was released.

59 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

That's pretty dumb. He has played well enough this year to go from practice squad rb to starter in 3 games. But hey if you want to ignore what he has done this season and decide he is terrible because he didn't get an opportunity his rookie season then you do you.

52 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I think that limits you in the evaluation process, particularly with a player who wasn't a starter.  i tend to look at  does the palyer have talent, was he in a good situation, did he have opportunity to perform. Basically was the team using him in a way that maximized his talents and limited his weaknesses. Sometimes the problem for a player wasn't his abilities but it was the coach and the team he played for. We see it all the time in the NFL how players are subpar on one team and become stars on another. Sometimes we see players that were stars on one team and become average on another. Case in point Demarco Murray went from stud in dallas to below average in Philly to stud again in Tenn and now the mileage is showing in his performance. Shady went from stud-lite in Philly to super stud in Buffalo.

Only playmaking studs seem to excel in any environment such as  Peyton and Favre and those playmakers are rare.

Very true.  Another example is Priest Holmes.  Although he had some good games on Baltimore, when he went to KC he blossomed into one of the best fantasy football running backs of all time.

Alex Collins is no Priest Holmes, though.  

6 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

This I know....the little tape I have seen of AC, he looks great.  He also ran well in college with that one flaw....fumbles. 

Correct that and I think there is no doubt he is the best runner in Baltimore. 

12 posts without hearing "fumble". It's getting better!

This is such a pointless conversation. As has been pointed out plenty of guys have been on one team and been unable to climb the depth chart for whatever reason then gone somewhere else and flourished. Collins is still a long shot to have a big fantasy impact but all these spec adds are. But here's the thing. If you don't add any of them you have a 0% chance of hitting.

1 hour ago, kobe24 said:

That's pretty dumb. He has played well enough this year to go from practice squad rb to starter in 3 games. But hey if you want to ignore what he has done this season and decide he is terrible because he didn't get an opportunity his rookie season then you do you.

Ignore what he's done this year? Like average a fumble every 12 carries? Lol

2 minutes ago, BrokeLoser said:

Or average 8ypc?

Is your glass half full or half empty?

Nobody wins championships without taking risks.

if he can hold the ball this week .....then i can trade him away

i might be starting him over D Henry and gallman

Edited by CABLE87

Or average 8ypc?

Is your glass half full or half empty?

Nobody wins championships without taking risks.

Uhhh, you could be averaging 12 ypc and if you fumble the ball away you're useless to your team.  

2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

if he can hold the ball this week .....then i can trade him away

i might be starting him over D Henry and gallman

I'm starting him as well...I'm playing for ceiling as I'm playing a good team...I see him with a 17-21pt ceiling in standard

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Just checking: this is the same Alex Collins who could not get on the field last year for Seattle when they had CMike, a busted-up CJ Prosise, and Thomas Rawls trying to run around on one leg?

Dont act like you’re not infatuated with a former third string Seattle RB, otherwise your Rotoworld card may get revoked

3 minutes ago, BrokeLoser said:

Negative.

I'd say Gallman may have a higher floor. McKissic is to "trinket"...feast or famine...nothing to count on.

Procise is out.  You can count on McKissic in PPR today, he'll get his touches.

8 minutes ago, kdko said:

Uhhh, you could be averaging 12 ypc and if you fumble the ball away you're useless to your team.  

Consider this...he'll probably start today, a damn good NFL coach has decided that he's worth the risk...this coach has evaluated thousands of carries and seen things in the trenches that us weekend Couch Coaches haven't....Do you honestly believe your judgment should trump Harbaugh's?

Consider this...he'll probably start today, a damn good NFL coach has decided that he's worth the risk...this coach has evaluated thousands of carries and seen things in the trenches that us weekend Couch Coaches haven't....Do you honestly believe your judgment should trump Harbaugh's?

Well said, if a super bowl caliber coach is liking the guy it's a pretty solid endorsement.