NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Alex Collins 2017 Season Outlook

smeeze

3 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

Nobody on waiver wire? Forte, Kelley, Vereen, etc.. You in a 14-team, 20-roster league?

Collins is already starting to rise on the list of "most added" in my league, I was hoping he'd stay invisible, now I may have to snatch him. 

12 team but with deep benches.

I actually own Vereen already haha but decimated with injuries.  Slim pickings man.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

What’s the rationale with this guy surpassing Buck? More talented? Genuinely curious and not trying to dig at the player or anything

That Buck is nothing special(was behind West to start season) and perhaps Collins can outplay him. If I had my choice of the two I'd take Buck right now, but he's gone and Collins is a nice free stash to see what happens because fantasy football is weird and unpredictable like that

9 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Most explosive out of three of them (Collins/West/Allen).

Indeed.  Just has the look of a guy who could come out of nowhere to steal the lead job.  He will need to show he's mastered ball security, and perhaps he'll need West to take a week or two off so he can show the CS that he can function in a lead role, but like so many RBs that Seattle mines from obscure sources, he's aggressive, explosive and hungry.  He's also on a team that is very dedicated to running the ball hard, and often.  

A long shot for sure, but he fits the profile of a dark horse IMO.  I have rostered him where I can before he has a breakout (if ever). 

Edited by Rolling Thunder

Just picked him up in a few leagues.  I think we need West to miss time for him to become relevant, but if it's just Collins and Buck suiting up this week, I imagine he'll definitely get some run.  Also, looked Collins up on playerprofiler, and they gave him a comp of Mark Ingram.  

I don't think West is going to go this weekend and even if he did, you can see that the coaching staff doesn't have alot of faith him.  Aside from Buck's most recent performance, I believe him to be a pedestrian, and I have zero faith of Buck being anything special.  Of course I could be wrong.  I find it's difficult to predict the future.  Even still, Collins has a direct path to take this job as early as this week.  He's a must add if you have the space.

Edited by mikeflavaz

I don't think we need to necessarily indict Buck as bad or less talented, etc. I think its just more about defining the roles that BAL is looking at. Buck is apt to be used in more of the Woodhead role--maybe a bit more depending on week. Collins seems set-up to challenge West in the traditional 2 down RB role.

56 minutes ago, owenmills said:

That Buck is nothing special(was behind West to start season) and perhaps Collins can outplay him. If I had my choice of the two I'd take Buck right now, but he's gone and Collins is a nice free stash to see what happens because fantasy football is weird and unpredictable like that

Wait, are you saying he can take over the pass catching role from Buck? I know very little about Collins as a player. Does his skill set fit that role? I was under the impression he is more of an early down/goal line kind of back competing with West for that role.

9 minutes ago, kobe24 said:

Wait, are you saying he can take over the pass catching role from Buck? I know very little about Collins as a player. Does his skill set fit that role? I was under the impression he is more of an early down/goal line kind of back competing with West for that role.

No I think best case scenario for him would be take over West's role with Buck still involved as COP/passing back.

2 hours ago, lolcopter said:

What’s the rationale with this guy surpassing Buck? More talented? Genuinely curious and not trying to dig at the player or anything

I saw a video of all his touches and he looked amazing. That's why I picked him up but not gonna sit here and say I know whats gonna happen.

On 9/19/2017 at 2:55 PM, gimme the ball said:

His speed is what catches your eye. He has this weird, almost high-stepping, pointed-toe running style, but on one of those runs, he was through most of the entire Browns defense before they even noticed. You can kinda see all of them turn around as he races by. This guy's explosive, the Ravens definitely need to see what he can do for them. 

This is in fact a laughable clip. If #13 blocks his one man instead of embarrassingly missing him, Collins has a TD. 

Meh, he didn't have a TD, and did the worst thing possible by fumbling the ball away.  Not the best thing for a guy seeing little touches to begin with. 

7 hours ago, owenmills said:

So true, that Creamy Hunt (sp?) dude sucks too (nothing special). That's why he was behind Ware.

1 hour ago, martinjlm said:

So true, that Creamy Hunt (sp?) dude sucks too (nothing special). That's why he was behind Ware.

Jesus you couldn't have found a worse comparison if you tried. Hunt started out behind Ware because he was a rookie but people were high on him, and I think there were reports he was pushing Ware for the starting job before Ware got hurt.

1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

Negative. Collins has West and Allen ahead of him. Even if they haven't been superstars, they've been doing what the offense asks of them and the offense is working. On the other hand, it's very likely that Perine will take over the WSH backfield sooner or later. Kelly has not been doing well (and doesn't catch) and the Redskins' offense is in need of a spark.

What does "ahead" mean? I wouldn't say West has a strangle hold on the job if Collins out performs him. Allen's role is pretty safe as the COP & passing down back. But there is nothing that I can tell that the Ravens are fully committed to West no matter what.

15 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

What does "ahead" mean? I wouldn't say West has a strangle hold on the job if Collins out performs him. Allen's role is pretty safe as the COP & passing down back. But there is nothing that I can tell that the Ravens are fully committed to West no matter what.

Funny how they have all forgotten about that Dixon dude.

1 hour ago, burninglegs said:

A·head
əˈhed,əˈhed/
adverb
adverb: 
in the lead.
"the Bucks were ahead by four"
synonyms:    leading, winning, in the lead, (out) in front, first, coming first
"they are ahead by six points"

Like I said, West and Allen haven't been lights out but their offense is working and they've done their job. The Ravens don't don't have ahuge incentive to move on from them.

Don't be butthurt bc I don't think Collins is a lock for RB1 status ROS. I might pick up Collins before the game but he has the most resistance to relevance out of all of the hot WW TBs.

1 hour ago, wahl35 said:

Funny how they have all forgotten about that Dixon dude.

I doubt he's gonna matter this year even though he's the most talented RB on the team. The suspension has ruined his chances.

Edited by claptondecheeks

2 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

I doubt he's gonna matter this year even though he's the most talented RB on the team. The suspension has ruined his chances.

Suspension?? He's out for the year. Meniscus tear. The point was that West was going to be behind him. Their incentive  seems to be to play the best back that they have

6 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

A·head
əˈhed,əˈhed/
adverb
adverb: 
in the lead.
"the Bucks were ahead by four"
synonyms:    leading, winning, in the lead, (out) in front, first, coming first
"they are ahead by six points"

Like I said, West and Allen haven't been lights out but their offense is working and they've done their job. The Ravens don't don't have ahuge incentive to move on from them.

Don't be butthurt bc I don't think Collins is a lock for RB1 status ROS. I might pick up Collins before the game but he has the most resistance to relevance out of all of the hot WW TBs.

Suspension and maybe the fact that he's on IR for the entire year?

18 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

just dropped Kupp for Collins.

Cant wait for sunday morning football. I expect Collins to get 15+ carries , 90 total yards a td.  choo choo

Except that West is back at practice today.

Picked Collins up as insurance but looking kind of messy now.