NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alex Collins 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, metalmat said:

The situation sucks: he gets nothing in the passing game, gets no redzone carries, in a bad offense, Terrance West and Danny Woodhead will come back soon, against Miami is not a great matchup. What's the point?

All of this

Considering his history of fumbling might be more pronounced than any back I've ever seen and the complete and utter lack of use in the passing game, perhaps it's time to consider that his hands are actually shaped like oven mitts. I've never seen them up close but maybe he doesn't have fingers. Seriously though it's going to be difficult for him to pay dividends in this offense and because of his own limitations. Good pure runner though.

1 minute ago, yahyahtrick said:

As long as that TD is from the GL or redzone, yes. Especially for a bye week filler. 

I don't think you understand my question.  A bye week filler, yes.  But would you feel comfortable starting him from next week forward?  Even with that stat line? That's the question.  I don't see this guy ever cracking my starting lineup.  If that's the case, why hold?

Just now, CooL said:

I don't think you understand my question.  A bye week filler, yes.  But would you feel comfortable starting him from next week forward?  Even with that stat line? That's the question.  I don't see this guy ever cracking my starting lineup.  If that's the case, why hold?

I understood it as it was written lol. I do think you could start him at flex if he gets redzone / goal line carries. I added in bye week filler as extra.

Does one hold only starters? People hold because they think situations can get better. It's speculation. This applies to everything people hold, not just fantasy football players. You know this.

If he starts getting receptions and goal line / redzone carries, is he worth starting? The answer is yes. I'm on the verge of dropping him myself if he puts up a stinker tonight, but I don't think it's unreasonable for people to hold.

1 hour ago, CooL said:

Because he's better than other options on the wire.  If a player or two get hurt from your starting lineup you'll be happy with his 5-6 points rather than scraping the bottom of the barrel options out there and just hoping you don't get the dreaded goose egg.

Really disappointed enough of you didn't drop this guy so he could finally score a TD

Real talk tho, this was possibly his best game of the season. Baltimore wont be dropping 40 points on many other teams. Too bad Harbaugh is a jerk who wont reward his best offensive player with a TD

dude looks good AF, quick, agile, dances around too much at times and gets a loss on the play because of it but after he decides on his one cut and hits the hole, dudes got burst

if he fixes his fumbling would be a great guy for the ravens to invest in as the early down workhorse

IF

6 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Really disappointed enough of you didn't drop this guy so he could finally score a TD

Real talk tho, this was possibly his best game of the season. Baltimore wont be dropping 40 points on many other teams. Too bad Harbaugh is a jerk who wont reward his best offensive player with a TD

Yep.  Much like Latavius last week, someone will overpay faab to land Collins. My guess are most weeks he gets 10-12 carries for ~60 yds and low TD potential.

One thing to keep in mind moving forward, Buck Allen didn't convert any of his goal line touches last night, AND, he fumbled his last goal line touch. Assuming the Raven's offense is good enough to get them near the goal line again this year, I bet there is a pretty good chance Collins gets the carries. That being said, nobody knows what will happen when West and Woodhead return.

He's a hold so I wish I still had him on my roster to see how it shakes out but I'm still not a believer yet. The gameflow was perfect for him, absolute blowout and Balt could run the ball all day. At one point the announcer said Miami had gone 3 and out on 6/10 possessions :huh:

I don't know if anything like that will happen again as long as he's splitting carries with Buck 

His situation actually improved last night.

He got receptions and was in on goal line and redzone situations. He had zero in the games before, so this is exactly what the holders were waiting for.

People that say he's gameflow dependent - They've actually been in this situation before but this is the first time they let him close out the game, so another upgrade to his status last night. He was in on the 4 and 2 min drill.

Acting like he's only going to get work in a blow out is a bit of a reach. I'd say the only time he won't is if Baltimore is getting blown out. 

Come up with all th negatives you want, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's featured from here on out.

Edited by yahyahtrick