NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alex Collins 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked back on my transaction history and saw that I added Collins on September 30th and have started him 7 of 10 weeks,he had some clunkers in there but overall probably one of the best WW adds I've had in awhile.

Might go face to face with the dude I traded with to get Collins. Traded him Rivers when he lost Winston and Winston started sucking.

Both have been on fire. Those vulture TD's scare me some, but Collins should have another solid week.

Im salty, had him early on in the year when he was fumbling everywhere..lost me a week, watched his tds get vultured.... and now i face him.... i need more patience in this damn game.....

Edited by CABLE87
1 minute ago, CABLE87 said:

Im salty, had him early on in the year when he was fumbling everywhere..lost me a week, watched his tds get vultured.... and now i face him.... i need more patience in this damn game.....

Me too man. I had him early and benched him, then dumped him way too quickly. Wish I would've hung onto him.

8 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

5 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Me too man. I had him early and benched him, then dumped him way too quickly. Wish I would've hung onto him.

Like I said above I held but let me clarify I'm also in a league where the WW is extremely thin so I've had to learn to be patient.Hell if it weren't for WW adds(ours are first come first served and $5 each) I'd not be anywhere near the play-offs.

On 12/6/2017 at 10:56 AM, Rolling Thunder said:

Tough read this week.  With the exception of Howard, Fournette and J. Williams, the Steelers have been very good against RBs.  They will be without Shazier, but the Ravens will be without their best CB (Smith)..

Earlier in the season in Baltimore, the Ravens found themselves down 19-0 at half.  Collins still managed 82 yards on just 9 touches.

Here are the scores from the last 4 meetings: 

10/01/2017 Pittsburgh 26, Baltimore 9
12/25/2016 Pittsburgh 31, Baltimore 27
11/06/2016 Baltimore 21, Pittsburgh 14
12/27/2015 Baltimore 20, Pittsburgh 17

Not quite baseball scores, but no track meets either.

I don't like betting on 2 down RBs on the road, especially in hotly contested divisional tilts.  Whereas Collins has been gaining Harbaugh's trust (that much is obvious), it will only take an early fumble to torpedo any chance of a productive effort.  Also, with the Steelers, a game script that favors Allen/Woodhead is always a risk.

Is Collins a fade this week?  Right now, I believe so (leaning Perine at RB, and Westbrook at flex).  Would love to hear a well-reasoned counter-point (something other than "Collins is a stud," "Collins is on a roll," etc.).

Collins is a stud

Collins is on a roll

Hindsight is 20/20. I've cycled through a million RB's this season trying to replace DJ and added and dropped anyone with even a remote shot at taking the job. It's mostly luck to end up with one that actually makes an impact so no sense beating yourself up about it especially if you don't have the bench space. My irrational love for Collins' talent was the only thing that kept him around and that stems from his time in Seattle (still can't believe they let him go). Otherwise I would have dumped him too.

I've got the same thing with Drake although I think Collins is better than him. Some guys just jump off the screen and I'm usually willing to give them a long leash on my bench if possible even if it means missing out on the flavor of the week.

13 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

Must start this week? Cleveland supposedly pretty stout against the run 

It must be nice to have an option,as for me this will be my 5th straight week with him as one of two starters.

Seriously though in the last 4 games 69 rushes for 304 yds,caught 10 of 13 targets and scored 5 td's,unless you have one helluva flex squad I don't know why you wouldn't just plug and play him.

22 hours ago, TedStriker said:

I've got the same thing with Drake although I think Collins is better than him. Some guys just jump off the screen and I'm usually willing to give them a long leash on my bench if possible even if it means missing out on the flavor of the week.

Last 5 weeks, Collins is ranked #5 and Drake is #8 rb in ppg-ppr scoring...impressive play.

58 minutes ago, nzoner said:

It must be nice to have an option,as for me this will be my 5th straight week with him as one of two starters.

Got burkhead as my other rb2... so tough decision... but Collins is the workhorse to seems like he’s the guy to go with