NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alex Collins 2017 Season Outlook

18 hours ago, Chente said:

I think he's fine, I need him for the title.

Was disappointed he couldn't make it 2 times at the 1yd line though ....

Ugh!! Good luck..

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Raven's homers have insight as to what the team plans on doing with Collins in the coming season? He's a FA and I have to make a keeper designation by week 17. Seems to be a no brainer to be back in his current role but I've seen stranger offseason decisions 

If Collins is on your squad, does it really matter if Baltimore keeps him?  Collins played well enough this year that he will likely be a starter wherever he ends up.  

And I did not see that coming.  I was one of the self-appointed pundits throwing water on him this fall as a Seahawk reject and a fumbler.  Seattle now looks incredibly foolish for letting him get away, how mightily they struggled to run the ball in 2017.

That said, I feel quite confident Baltimore will be locking Collins up.  They probably feel pretty good about all their RBs except for Terrence West.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
20 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If Collins is on your squad, does it really matter if Baltimore keeps him?  Collins played well enough this year that he will likely be a starter wherever he ends up.  

And I did not see that coming.  I was one of the self-appointed pundits throwing water on him this fall as a Seahawk reject and a fumbler.  Seattle now looks incredibly foolish for letting him get away, how mightily they struggled to run the ball in 2017.

That said, I feel quite confident Baltimore will be locking Collins up.  They probably feel pretty good about all their RBs except for Terrence West.

Well to say it doesn’t matter would be a bit lazy with all due respect. RB’s don’t just snap into other schemes like leggos. When you find something that works it’s favorable to stick with it. He may be “valuable” as a keeper anywhere. He’s VERY valuable as a return starter in a system he’s proven to have great success in. 

With that said, back to my original question....any insight as to whether he stays? 

1 hour ago, Joe Odam said:

Well to say it doesn’t matter would be a bit lazy with all due respect. RB’s don’t just snap into other schemes like leggos. When you find something that works it’s favorable to stick with it. He may be “valuable” as a keeper anywhere. He’s VERY valuable as a return starter in a system he’s proven to have great success in. 

With that said, back to my original question....any insight as to whether he stays? 

I don't know the specifics of your keeper values, but I suspect you got Collins from the wire and can keep him for a nominal fee or low draft pick.  Since he's a high end RB2 next year minimum, no matter where he ends up, that's likely going to be an outstanding value however you slice it.

Collins isn't an intricate playbook passing game pass pro back like James White...he's an early down pounder.  Run right, run left, run up the middle...

whether he stays is an intresting discussion (I think they would be foolish to let him go)

However, I am more interested if he is flex worth today for the finals. I made it to 2 finals and in 1 he is locked in but in my main league I can't decide last week I flexed him and only reason I won was cause Gurley/Gould went off. I feel against Indy he could have a big game but still a tough call 

1 minute ago, nbafan_123 said:

whether he stays is an intresting discussion (I think they would be foolish to let him go)

However, I am more interested if he is flex worth today for the finals. I made it to 2 finals and in 1 he is locked in but in my main league I can't decide last week I flexed him and only reason I won was cause Gurley/Gould went off. I feel against Indy he could have a big game but still a tough call 

Id def play him vs indy

18 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I don't know the specifics of your keeper values, but I suspect you got Collins from the wire and can keep him for a nominal fee or low draft pick.  Since he's a high end RB2 next year minimum, no matter where he ends up, that's likely going to be an outstanding value however you slice it.

Collins isn't an intricate playbook passing game pass pro back like James White...he's an early down pounder.  Run right, run left, run up the middle...

Fair enough. For what it’s worth his passing game chops are definitely improving. It’s not out of the question to project him as a 3 down back. Not at all. 

And as far as today’s game....gotta start him. If not now...when?  There aren’t 12 I’d rather start over him

I love to play a lead RB on a playoff-bound team when they are facing an opponent who is out of it and just playing out the string.  I think we are going to see more than a few "business decisions" from Indy defenders today.

18 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Not sure it means anything.

Hmm and Terrance West is active. Will Collins being Irish jigging his way to the bench?

Indi D played a lot better than anyone expected and Brissett and the offense strung some long drives together,  but it stinks that Collins essentially wound up as the early down, non redzone back this week, which makes the majority of his carries very predictable. 

Another strong showing and a highlight reel TD. Sad that we won't get to watch him in the playoffs, but at least no risk of injury for us dynasty holders. 

Hell of a ride AC, just a handful of carries short of 1k with half a dozen TDs and 4.6ypc. Pretty good for a "scrub". 

I hope Alex accepted my apology earlier - I spoke rashly after the Colts game, but he certainly showed up for this one, just as he did all season.  Congrats, Alex!

22 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

I like Collins tomorrow. I hear the bengals are using the USPS logo on their helmets tomorrow (get it - mailing it in DOOOHHHH)

Everyone on the Ravens' CS should be fired after this debacle. The Ravens mailed it in against a team that mailed it in weeks ago in a must-win. At home.