NBC Sports Edge Forums

Will Fuller V 2017 Season Outlook

Deshaun Watson being able to create time and space with his legs gives Fuller that extra second to get a step or two ahead of the defender. Thats huge for any down field threat. Mobility and pocket presence is key for those Wrs. Regression is bound to happen but his rapport with watson looks good and is trusted by all the balls just thrown up. He should do very well against the colts. I need it too.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defenses can only help to cover Fuller so much over the top because Hopkins will eat a team alive one on one over the middle and then you add in Miller/Foreman out of the backfield and Watson's legs... it's just damn tough to stop.

I picked him up after his Week 4 debut, but haven't started him yet.  It's going to be hard not to now.  Two catches on five targets was not enough to bank on hoping one would be a long TD.  Going to Seattle, with a rookie QB, and going 5/125/2 on eight targets looks like a turning point for his season.  And yes, Watson's ability to extend plays and still find a receiver does the same for Fuller as Russell Wilson's ability to keep his eyes downfield as he scrambles does for his receivers.  Only problem now is who to bench for him?  Julio Jones or AJ Green at WR or Alex Collins at flex.  Heaven help me, I'm thinking of benching Green against the Jaguars this week.   lol  

This week the guy has dud all written over him. Everyone was skeptical but now people seem generally willing to start him and its a dream matchup against the Colts which seems too much of a no-brainer for fantasy football. Due to BYE weeks I have to roll with him though and it only takes him one play to put a solid day together and he finally got a decent number of targets last week so hopefully that is a sign of things to come (only issue is Texans probably won't have to throw much against the Colts). 

It's nearly impossible to sit this guy, and I would instantly start him over guys like Parker, Landry, Cooper, Damaryius, etc...

With Watson as his QB, Fuller has to be viewed as a legitimate High-End WR2, with WR1 upside each and every week.

I would even go as far to say that he's an every week low-end WR1. 

8 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

I would even go as far to say that he's an every week low-end WR1. 

So far he has on average roughly 5.5 targets, 3 receptions, 20 yards per reception and 3 RZ targets in 4 games - and an absolutely insane number of TDs.

He cannot keep up those TDs, that's unreasonable to expect; but if he keeps getting 3-4/60 and a Red Zone, then in standard he is very playable. But as a WR2, not WR1 I would say unless he starts getting a lot more targets (8-10 would be nice). Which is probably not going to happen with Hopkins being on fire too (not to mention Griffin).

Let's settle ROS on 6-8 targets, 4-5 receptions, 80 yards and a red zone. If he can keep that up he's still a set it and forget it for me.

39 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

So far he has on average roughly 5.5 targets, 3 receptions, 20 yards per reception and 3 RZ targets in 4 games - and an absolutely insane number of TDs.

He cannot keep up those TDs, that's unreasonable to expect; but if he keeps getting 3-4/60 and a Red Zone, then in standard he is very playable. But as a WR2, not WR1 I would say unless he starts getting a lot more targets (8-10 would be nice). Which is probably not going to happen with Hopkins being on fire too (not to mention Griffin).

Let's settle ROS on 6-8 targets, 4-5 receptions, 80 yards and a red zone. If he can keep that up he's still a set it and forget it for me.

That's reasonable.

I believe from here on out, he'll be seeing 6-9 targets a game, with Nuk Hopkins getting 8-12. Probably looking at the remaining receivers/tightends getting another 12-15.

The TDs, we've been saying for the last 4 weeks, "he can't keep it up", but he is. and like I did with Devonta Freeman a couple years ago, I am riding him to the playoffs and a championship.

Legit chance this week for us to see at the very least, a 4/85/1 line, and against a IND defense, a legitimate upside of 6/120/2.

Ps. Fuller historically has played better at home as well. 

I'm predicting HOU - 38  |  IND - 10 - Both Nuk and Fuller score a TD., with the game officially getting out of hand by the end of the 3rd quarter. Predicting the game will be 31-7 heading into the 4th quarter.

People saying "he has to come down at some point".

I'm sure as heck not going to be the idiot who starts "getting cute" and sits a WR1 performance.