NBC Sports Edge Forums

Towns or AD . who would pick ?

Davis gives you more stocks and points. Towns will probably have better rebound numbers and he's more durable and doesn't have injury concerns. Plus, Thibs will make him play a lot of minutes. I would say Towns is the safer option, but you can't go wrong with either of them. Personally, I picked Davis because of his stocks.

Edited by Guilhermeneves

KAT. 

On paper and a per game basis I have a super slight edge to AD. But even if AD finishes slightly higher than KAT I would still take KAT to lessen the injury risk. The difference between the two isn't there to take a player that is routinely hurt. What is the point? For an extra one or two spots in a year end ranking....no thanks. You have an early pick. You won't mess up taking either, but you will mess up if one gets hurt. Both offer equally appealing builds as you move on in your draft. 

18 minutes ago, turner46 said:

AD I use PF/C eligibility as the tie breaker. Bonus is now that Cousins is there he doesn't play as much so less wear and tear from not being down low.

doesn't play as much C

AD.

let's face it the only reason why you are picking Towns is because people are scared of AD being "injury prone". That's not the case for me last year as he helped me win my league where he played 75 games. Jimmy Butler, Cousins, Brolo, all played as much as AD the last three years and they don't get the injury prone label.

On top of this I think KAT regresses a little on fantasy numbers due to all the new personnel added to his team. I think jimmy+teague takes up more usage than Rubio+Lavigne with Wiggins still looking to improve as well. 

KAT. Much respect to Thrilla up above but I have to think that last year was almost a fluke injury wise with AD.  He's missed like 15-25% of games 4-5 years, which is toooo much for your top 6 pick. Also, It's a good point that buckets and cousins have missed same amount of games as AD the last three years. Maybe it's time to label all of them injury -prone/headcases (w/regards to Boogie). But they are also not in contention for a top 6 pick this year, which is a huge difference. Not to mention, KAT is just a beast and is only getting better. The same argument we make for added personnel with MINN can also be made for NOLA imo

23 minutes ago, Ryantheriipa said:

KAT. Much respect to Thrilla up above but I have to think that last year was almost a fluke injury wise with AD.  He's missed like 15-25% of games 4-5 years, which is toooo much for your top 6 pick. Also, It's a good point that buckets and cousins have missed same amount of games as AD the last three years. Maybe it's time to label all of them injury -prone/headcases (w/regards to Boogie). But they are also not in contention for a top 6 pick this year, which is a huge difference. Not to mention, KAT is just a beast and is only getting better. The same argument we make for added personnel with MINN can also be made for NOLA imo

As far personell goes: AD's numbers didn't change when cousins arrived and now they just added Rondo who will distribute the rock well. Like mentioned above with added help it's  less likely AD has to over exert himself. Butler is another top 15 fantasy player that will cut into KATs production. IMO KAT will only return late 1st to early 2nd round numbers this year.

Also with AD does not have any recurring injuries. They were all weird and minor and has nothing to do with each other. 

Once and a while thrilla is right :)  I give the edge to AD.  Those stocks are crazy and win championships.  Boogie will take some of his rebounds but you can get rebounds elsewhere.  Also Boogie will allow AD some needed rest so he will be more productive on the court.  Maybe some extra 3s this year?

I'm in the AD camp when hes on, hes ON. A lot of players are banged up early in their careers and recover, last year AD played 75 games and some of the other 7 I'm sure he played portions of the game. I'll take that over 80+ games from KAT. Those stocks will win you rings.