NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vernon Davis 2017 Outlook

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was debating myself as to whether to flex Golden Tate or Vernon Davis today. I ended up going with Tate and when he got a whole 2.75 points, I was bummed at making a terrible decision not starting VD. Turns out it was an amazing decision, as I gained 2.75 points! 

What the eff? 1 target? Somebody is going to come in here and say the O line is banged up and VD is a good blocker.

Which is probably true. But they have been banged up before and they still found a way to throw to ball to him. Or is that stooge covering Crowder just really that bad?

Told you guys to simmer down on Davis.  Oline is in shambles (although playing well regardless) and Davis is in to block.  Kirk spreads the ball way to much and looks like Crowder is the benefactor from this offense.  I doubt we will see 0 point from Davis but this offense is strictly Doctson, Perine, Crowder.

6 hours ago, vmo1059 said:

BzBk4X7.gif

Was he just blocking all game? Truly frustrating start. I didn't see him running a ton of routes. Cousins looked a few times at Niles Paul, but Davis was invisible.

Image result for dear god no gif

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

went back and forth between davis and olsen in my lineup.....  talked myself out of olsen because I didn't expect him to come back after 10 weeks off and have a massive game...  I'm sure he'll get 1 catch though..... 

At this point, I just have a who gives an eff attitude and am at the point where I just don't really care anymore.

- Jordan Reed out.  Not surprising, but obviously that was a positive for VD owners.

- NY Giants defense.  The most friendliest defense of the season for tight ends. 

- Pryor to IR.  Not that he was doing anything anyway, but it just boosts VD's stock even more with one less pass catcher.

- Chris Thompson to IR.  Supposedly the best guy they have at getting into the short field and catching passes.  

Yet this guy goes and gets 1 target the entire game and puts up a bagel.  I give up.  There's the simple analysis up above about how he was expected to eat during this game and instead he gives us nothing.  And ruined many a Thanksgiving dinner in the process.  Many will rage drop him this week, after which I of course expect him to blow up next Thursday for somebody else's team or at the very least on my bench.

That was messed up , I did see him make some nice blocks as I was laser beamed into him, but damn ! I guess samaje blows at protection and Vernon had to step up with his diverse veteran skill set .  Disturbing to watch in a set n forget matchup...thought the announcers had said he was hurt in the first half ... I missed like 15-20 min. 

No the announcers were openly wondering why Davis wasn't being targeted all game.

Word to the wise: sadly this may become a trend as the line is beyond decimated and they clearly trust Davis to block more than Paul.

Can't believe I flex this dude for him to give me a 0. He's been riding my bench all yr and the one week I flex him (because Shepard was out) he gives me 0. I had a slim chance of making the playoffs and by winning this next two weeks. This clown probably killed my slim chances. 

Thoughts on this week? It looks like Trent will play but with how decimated the O-Line is and Niles Paul getting work, he seems risky.  Would hate to start with another low score on 1-2 targets on Thursday.

Who's got the stones to roll this guy out again this Thursday? Guessing a lot of us don't, it sucks to start the week off with a low score already staring you in the face  on Friday and Saturday. Which probably of course means that this guy will blow up on many of our benches.

Perine seems to be the focal point of this offense, which means Davis is mainly blocking. And when they do happen to throw, Crowder gets all the targets. Not a good fantasy situation.

2 hours ago, CooL said:

Who's got the stones to roll this guy out again this Thursday? Guessing a lot of us don't, it sucks to start the week off with a low score already staring you in the face  on Friday and Saturday. Which probably of course means that this guy will blow up on many of our benches.

Perine seems to be the focal point of this offense, which means Davis is mainly blocking. And when they do happen to throw, Crowder gets all the targets. Not a good fantasy situation.

.... and Dallas may offer even less resistance on the offensive side than the Jints did (meaning more ball control and running for the Indigenous Peoples) ... unless we get that ginormous ALFMO revenge game ?

8 minutes ago, Irish bayou said:

Was thinking of maybe flexing him over dede Westbrook/c Davis or something ... using Hunter Henry at TE.   But man who's to say he doesn't just block the whole time again....don't typically like using two TE lineups but my team is sketchy right now for flex options .

This is my exact situation and I have Westbrook in.  Better match-up and getting a good number of targets his first two games.

I want to dip back into the well with Davis but too many variables such as a decimated O-Line (regulated to blocking), Perine/Crowder and potential running game script if the Dallas offense stalls again.

6 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

I want to dip back into the well with Davis but too many variables such as a decimated O-Line (regulated to blocking), Perine/Crowder and potential running game script if the Dallas offense stalls again.

Hard to start a guy after a bagel.  So many of us will bench.  Which means he'll probably go off tonight.  I think I'm benching simply because I don't want to risk going another Friday and Saturday all pissed off looking at a pathetic score.