NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Love 2017-18 Season Outlook

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If he comes back, I think he'll be at 100% by his 2nd game. It's a hand fracture in his non-shooting hand so his conditioning will already be fine and he should've gotten a chance to practice his shot

Kevin Love deserves than this and deserves to be traded to a team that will appreciate him. He's not the perfect PF, he has flaws, but for the entire joke of a team to just solely put the blame on him

love getting that extra chris bosh scapegoat treatment. take away his game and turn him into a spot up shooter and blame him for losing. 

Posted Images

The average games missed after a concussion from 2006 to 2010 was 1.6, significantly less than the 5.0 games missed from 2011 to 2014, following the institution of the NBA concussion protocol (P = .023). Player education may have contributed to players now missing an average of 4 to 6 games after a concussion. - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27022062

I'd say he's droppable.

may not make it in time for friday but possible for sunday. i have some hopes for him however to pass it for friday as he's a bright guy but he did get a pretty good elbow uppercut to the mouth. hope you guys have replacements as well as it is a stack day for friday. 

Just now, brosephd said:

may not make it in time for friday but possible for sunday. i have some hopes for him however to pass it for friday as he's a bright guy but he did get a pretty good elbow uppercut to the mouth. hope you guys have replacements as well as it is a stack day for friday. 

What does being a bright guy have to do with getting a concussion? Lol

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, justblazedawg said:

What does being a bright guy have to do with getting a concussion? Lol

AG couldn't pass the concussion test like 2-3 times because of the memory portion of the test. 

Gordon, 22, admitted frustration on Friday, saying that he has been symptom free for the last week, but he has been unable to gain clearance from the NBA-appointed physician after failing to pass a memorization and recognition test.

``I am feeling a little more comfortable with (the test) day after day, but I want to be out there playing with my team so bad and helping us get wins that I’m overlooking the test sometimes and I can’t do that,’’ Gordon said. ``I’ve got to put all of my focus on that test and complete it.’’

``The protocol is in place for a reason, but he really wants to play, and we really want him to play, so we’re looking at everything,’’ Vogel continued. ``He just needs to check all of the boxes of what’s required to exit the protocol. … He’s not the first guy to be in the protocol and be symptom free and it takes a longer time.’’

Gordon, who has two 40-point games and three other 30-point efforts this season, jokingly said that the emphasis that he put on the ``baseline test’’ taken back in October could be working against him now.

``I always try to do everything to the best of my abilities and I got a good score on the baseline test and that’s making it a little more difficult to recreate it,’’ he said with a chuckle.

• Haha 1

Seriously considering dropping him now for Valentine. If Love misses Friday I'd at least get two games from Valentine (Thu/Fri) to make up for it, and could then drop Valentine for someone on Saturday, and could then drop the Saturday player for whatever stat I need on Sunday. (i'd be maxed on adds at that point) 

Might even be able to re-add Love back for Sunday if he is cleared for that game. Without having an idea if Love could play Friday, this is all a huge roll of the dice.

12 minutes ago, brosephd said:

if embiid can't go, i'd look at richaun holmes as a good stream replacement for love. 

Strong dfs tout for sure as well and nice dub dub potential...also Nance..Green... John Collins or Greg Monroe w Marcus Morris hobbled...