NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Karl-Anthony Towns 2017-2018 Season Outlook

raptors24

1 hour ago, sya said:

he is too unselfish

It's not even that, Taj Gibson basically sets up where Towns is supposed to set up and they force feed Taj the ball. To Taj's credit he's playing well, Towns is relegated to stretching the floor for them because they don't have enough outside shooting overall. When Towns goes in the post teams really crowd the area and force it out because they dare Minnesota shooters to beat them. He's getting blitzed because other teams know how dangerous he is in a 1 on 1 matchup in the post.

They use him in high screen action waaay at the top of the 3 point line, and he's just doing hand-offs while Taj is the down-low scorer. It really is odd. Teague is absolutely infuriating, there are so many instances where he can make a simple dump-off pass and he opts to go for some difficult lazy floaters and bricks 'em. He had an isntance where he had a wide open lob pass to Towns on a pick and roll and instead of lobbing it he floated it and bricked.. he's just really selective with when he wants to be a playmaker or a scorer, and once he has his mind-set he's just as much of a blackhole as Wiggins is. It's amazing that a franchise big man can have 2 back to back games where he got between 1 to 2 shots in the entire first half.. I don't think I've ever seen that, horrible.

Edited by Lifschitz

Wiggins shooting lights out (55% in the last week), and you guys are questioning why he is shooting so much? lol....

geee....i dont know...maybe because hes shooting 55%!!!!!!

Maybe Towns should focus on trying to get some blocks or something...or is that also Wiggins fault?

Edited by crocp
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, crocp said:

Wiggins shooting lights out (55% in the last week), and you guys are questioning why he is shooting so much? lol....

Maybe Towns should focus on trying to get some blocks or something...or is that also Wiggins fault?

There is Wiggins induced post traumatic stress disorder among KAT owners (and many other T-Wolves players over the past few years).  The results aren't as important because they are subject to change (55% is not maintainable for Wiggins). The bottom line is, Wiggins is a black hole.

3 hours ago, crocp said:

No big men want to play defense when they are not getting shots. Shaq refused to play defense when Kobe was hogging the ball and that is Kobe we're talking about not Andrew "Can't Shoot" Wiggins. So to answer your question, yes it is Wiggins fault. 

4 hours ago, JoeNoIngles said:

No big men want to play defense when they are not getting shots. Shaq refused to play defense when Kobe was hogging the ball and that is Kobe we're talking about not Andrew "Can't Shoot" Wiggins. So to answer your question, yes it is Wiggins fault. 

What a horrible example. Shaq made all 3 of his all defensive teams in LA. He attempted more shots per game in those seasons than anybody on Minnesota does, let alone Towns.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

What a horrible example. Shaq made all 3 of his all defensive teams in LA. He attempted more shots per game in those seasons than anybody on Minnesota does, let alone Towns.

Do you even know what the purpose of my example is? Shaq taking a lot of shots and being all defensive player has nothing to do with it. You should probably learn how to read before making a comment.