NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kawhi Leonard 2017-2018 Season Outlook

dekciw_1

1 hour ago, SirMixalot said:

But you yourself said that the Kawhi owner isn't selling, so if you weren't able to buy low on him when he was injured, then what changes now that he's healthy and ready to play? If the owner wasn't willing to part with him for 3 months, then there's probably even less chance he does when he's putting up lines...

... unless you manage to convince him that Kawhi is gonna get less minutes and a bunch of DNPs throughout the season...

... or unless you're willing to up your trade now, which will cost you more than what you might have been offering a month ago...

Kawhi owners who have held on til now have way less incentive to trade him away, unless he comes back still hobbled and ineffective.

All I'm saying is, let's see how he does Saturday.. heck, give him at least a week, if not more, because he's going to need to shake off some rust. There's really no sense in trying to predict what his minutes will be and try to figure out the mind of Pop until we see what we have post-injury.

I see your point.

Could’ve worded my question a little better: are the non-Kawhi owners going to actively try to trade for him even though the price might be more expensive now?

Or do you think it’s not worth the potential headache considering Pop’s historical use of DNPs and minutes restrictions?

i understand his price is much higher now with the news of his impending return. 

On 08/12/2017 at 11:14 PM, SirMixalot said:

I think the better, more useful question here (instead of trying to ask if Kawhi will get a bunch of DNPs and less minutes) is who Kawhi owners now would be willing to trade him for in a 1-for-1 or 1-for-2 scenario... What would us Kawhi owners consider an "enticing deal"?

Well I've been offered him + Jamal Murray + RHJ for Dunn, Myles Turner and Jabari in my dynasty.

On one hand, I am a little upset that Pop was so coy about Kawhi's injury. If you know he's gonna be out for the first 2 months of the season, don't tell us he's missing the preseason.  

On the other hand, it's Pop and Kawhi, not the Colangelo's and Sixers, so it's hard to stay mad at them.

• Like 1

Coach Gregg Popovich said Kawhi Leonard (quad) is "good to go" for Tuesday's game vs. the Mavericks.

He's back! The Spurs managed to win 19 of their first 27 games this season and now welcome back one of the best two-way players on the planet. Considering he hasn't played in an NBA game in over six months, Leonard may have minutes limited in his first few appearances. The Spurs will also likely rest him sporadically. Kawhi finished last season ranked fourth overall in nine-category fantasy leagues, averaging 25.5 points, 5.8 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 2.0 treys, 1.8 steals and 0.7 blocks.

Parker played ~15 minutes on his debut and hasn’t eclipsed 20 yet (plus rest days) but he’s like 200 years old, so I think a hard cap of 20 mpg for Kawhi is in play for a few weeks.

Cautiously optimistic and expecting some rust but i’m just happy he’s back!

10 minutes ago, Mikhov said:

Parker played ~15 minutes on his debut and hasn’t eclipsed 20 yet (plus rest days) but he’s like 200 years old, so I think a hard cap of 20 mpg for Kawhi is in play for a few weeks.

Cautiously optimistic and expecting some rust but i’m just happy he’s back!

Anticipating a minutes cap and a rest day here and there for the next few weeks but think that Parker is in a completely different category altogether in the sense that he wouldn't get much more than 20 minutes even when fully healthy (25 last season but Murray and Mills deserve minutes in the regular season for sure).

• Like 2

Tonight marks the first time this year that I'll have 3 of my first 4 draft picks (technically 2 keepers and first draft pick) available at the same time: Kawhi, CP3, Gobert. My 4th pick Blake isn't going to be joining them for a while.

Kawhi, this better be worth it!

Edited by SirMixalot

Wish they played him in the fourth, the probably would have won - but spurs gonna spurs. Great first game back though considering the minutes!

It does seem like he’ll have to adjust to the new free throw rules and the conditioning isn’t there yet - but he looks as sharp as one could expect, coming off a long lay-off.