NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kawhi Leonard 2017-2018 Season Outlook

4 hours ago, dekciw_1 said:

This is a great example when fantasy players on the internet tryhard to overanalyze some situations.

In the regular season other teams rarely take in valuation info on who plays/who doesnt when they prepare for matches. 

Agreed. It's that ridiculous with regards to keeping quiet on injury to surprise an opponent that obviously isn't a day to day thing that it's hard to even counter argue. The only logic where that would come into it would possibly be for a play-off game/series or if it was a 20game season or less league.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw like 10 new posts in the Kawhi thread and got excited....   10 minutes later and 50 IQ points lower, retreated back into the dark corner of the Kawhi pity party.      

I drafted kawhii, cp3 and hayward Moment of silence for me please

Mannnnn he needs to invest in one of these:   HOT TAKE: It may be a while til we see him on the court.

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Pirate said:

True. Hence the nickname Popsabitch. No reason why they can't give their fans a general idea. Obviously their fan base don't want him to come back till he's healthy but surely an approx timeline can be given to them. I don't even own him but I think its bad form by the coach.

Maybe the Spurs just don't know enough information to give a timeline....there hasn't been one video of him pushing himself. What is the point of a timeline when you don't have one? If they ramp up his activity and it flares up they go back to this. If they ramp up activity and he responds well then they give a timeline to fans. I don't think anyone in SA is tripping from a non-fantasy perspective. I think they trust Pop. Hell, Pop doesn't even have a leash as a coach/leader, that dude has been off leash along with Belichek for over a decade. 

5 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Maybe the Spurs just don't know enough information to give a timeline....there hasn't been one video of him pushing himself. What is the point of a timeline when you don't have one? If they ramp up his activity and it flares up they go back to this. If they ramp up activity and he responds well then they give a timeline to fans. I don't think anyone in SA is tripping from a non-fantasy perspective. I think they trust Pop. Hell, Pop doesn't even have a leash as a coach/leader, that dude has been off leash along with Belichek for over a decade. 

That could be true but if there's an unknown on whether it's a day-day thing or week-week or a month-month thing then let the fans know that. Put in this way imo popovic doesn't really have the spirit of the game in mind when he does certain things hence the rule changes with resting. Most if not  all great coaches in sports can also coach within the spirit of the game and know the game is bigger than them, yet there a small few who dont. But that's another topic all together. 

31 minutes ago, Pirate said:

Agreed. It's that ridiculous with regards to keeping quiet on injury to surprise an opponent that obviously isn't a day to day thing that it's hard to even counter argue. The only logic where that would come into it would possibly be for a play-off game/series or if it was a 20game season or less league.

You cant calculate, there are 82 games to play. The ultimate challenge to a coach is how to get the team healthy and in form to the playoffs. Coaches never do their game/tactics based on media info about who plays/who doesnt. I have played 10 years semi-pro, every game was all in, we never calculated except when particular players were getting some rest.

The management of the Spurs is a bit different, they want to be closed for the media, they hate fake stories & heat on their star players. Pop often rests his stars in games that are broadcasted on national television, that tells you a lot.

Edited by dekciw_1
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, cdd10 said:

As an owner I expect to be without him at least 2 weeks 

That’s exactly what I’m expecting. I acquired him last night from a panicked owner. I got Kawhi and Serge Ibaka for Jimmy Butler and Gorgei Dieng. 

I am oleased. 

Just now, steve9347 said:

That’s exactly what I’m expecting. I acquired him last night from a panicked owner. I got Kawhi and Serge Ibaka for Jimmy Butler and Gorgei Dieng. 

I am oleased. 

lol

nailed it

5 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

officially out for season opener, still no timetable but for real Yahoo should just tag him INJ already

They can't because there is no official timetable. Blame the Spurs. 

Just now, rotojoe said:

how much are people willing to give up for him now that he is a prime buy-low candidate? Would anyone give up Embiid, or Porzingis? Klay Thompson?

embiid if it is a 12 team and up or yes klay 

I'd give up any of them I mean it's a no brainer. Even if Kawhi misses another month I'll survive it by getting that first round, top 6-7 in the league beast. The season has just started and I can afford to loose a 2 weeks more than I would with Embiid or Klay in my team.

It's a bith harsh he does not get the INJ tag in Yahoo. I understand it's because there's no official timetable, for which we can thank the Spurs, but it's still annoying.

Just to get some positive vibes back in this thread: Jimmy B. thinks Kawhi may be the best player in the league and according to Dr. Armin Tehrany, Kawhi shouldn't be off the court too long.

Nothing official, but it's nice to hear still :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Roundaworld said:

That is so unlike a doctor to go making comments (no doubt for a wad of cash and personal exposure) about a situation on a patient they have absolutely no medical information on except for threads the unreliable press eek out.

#MoneyTalks

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

That is so unlike a doctor to go making comments (no doubt for a wad of cash and personal exposure) about a situation on a patient they have absolutely no medical information on except for threads the unreliable press eek out.

#MoneyTalks

He said he knew nothing about kawhi in the interview...

• Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

#MoneyTalks

Haha, I partially agree, but I am pretty sure this guy does not need to do it for the money. He is a world class award winning surgeon specialized in this area and well respected as far as I can tell. He admitted that he does not have any specific knowledge on Kawhi, but he gave his expert opinion, which is as much as anything we got so for on this injury and probably beats our own speculation.

I do wonder if Kawhi will be on a minutes restriction when he comes back, and how his general shape is after not playing for quite a while.