NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Ivory 2017 Outlook

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

What's Ivory's worth this week if he's able to start? I'm thinking Jags control this game and time of possession pretty well, but it's on the road. Who knows?

Is Ivory good for 18-20 touches? Can he even hold up on that workload? 

If Fournette is out, Ivory is easily an RB1 this week.

1 hour ago, ColoWrex said:

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-game-highlights%2F0ap3000000861868%2FLeonard-Fournette-loses-footing-hobbles-off-field

I just watched the Fournette injury.  Looked worse than what the reports are making it sound.

The mechanism of injury doesn't really look all that bad though right there.

I mean, he clearly rolled or sprained his ankle of some variety, and I think there was an immediate burst of pain, but the actual injury didn't really look that severe.  His pain reaction afterwards was what made it look bad, but we've seen some players like LeSean McCoy do that before hopping right back into the lineup.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Fournette out there this weekend.  Whether he's at 100% or not, is the question, but wouldn't surprise me for him to get 12-15 carries.

Just now, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

4.5 career YPC, 30 TD in only 39 "starts", and annually improving in the pass game ... tell us more 

didn't they go down the road of trying him as a starter?  certainly an option with an easy matchup this week, but let's not start the narrative of the guy who just never got a shot but he is really good.

Whether Fournette plays this week or not I think Ivory is a great stash RoS if you can afford to.  I picked up Ivory for free after waivers because

1.  Never trust a player when they say they're fine.

2.  It was odd that he didn't enter back into the game...yet he's fine.

3.  Foot injury history.

Fournette will probably play this week.  But if Ivory gets any starts he is an instant RB2 with volume, goal line back, can catch, on a running team with an elite defense.  Game script will almost always favor the running game.

6 minutes ago, Panthor said:

didn't they go down the road of trying him as a starter?  certainly an option with an easy matchup this week, but let's not start the narrative of the guy who just never got a shot but he is really good.

completely different team this year ... and let's not start the narrative he's some career journeyman scrub either 

last year: he sucked vs BAL, scored a TD, rushed for 100+, sucked vs HOU, 100+ total yards, 100+ total yards when actually given the ball ... 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/13587/year/2016

not to mention he's been a productive fantasy back in the past as well ... really seems to have developed in the pass/receiving game too. must start if fournette is out

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast
18 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

4.5 career YPC, 30 TD in only 39 "starts", and annually improving in the pass game ... tell us more 

He’s pretty good, wish he was in the man in NO when he was there. When given the opportunity he gets it done. 

13 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

completely different team this year ... and let's not start the narrative he's some career journeyman scrub either 

last year: he sucked vs BAL, scored a TD, rushed for 100+, sucked vs HOU, 100+ total yards, 100+ total yards when actually given the ball ... 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/13587/year/2016

not to mention he's been a productive fantasy back in the past as well ... really seems to have developed in the pass/receiving game too. must start if fournette is out

who is calling him a journeyman scrub?

18 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

Whether Fournette plays this week or not I think Ivory is a great stash RoS if you can afford to.  I picked up Ivory for free after waivers because

1.  Never trust a player when they say they're fine.

2.  It was odd that he didn't enter back into the game...yet he's fine.

3.  Foot injury history.

Fournette will probably play this week.  But if Ivory gets any starts he is an instant RB2 with volume, goal line back, can catch, on a running team with an elite defense.  Game script will almost always favor the running game.

4.  Chris Ivory is the seventh highest paid running back in the league. 

Granted, he signed his contract before Fournette did, but surely the front office wants some return on investment.  He was originally signed to be the guy, so if Fournette can't go, surely they'll feature him.  

4 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

4.  Chris Ivory is the seventh highest paid running back in the league. 

Granted, he signed his contract before Fournette did, but surely the front office wants some return on investment.  He was originally signed to be the guy, so if Fournette can't go, surely they'll feature him.  

let's just hope it works out better than Cook/Murray ...

2 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-game-highlights%2F0ap3000000861868%2FLeonard-Fournette-loses-footing-hobbles-off-field

I just watched the Fournette injury.  Looked worse than what the reports are making it sound.

Thanks for this, it helps.  He definitely made it look worse than it may have been crawling around on the field like that.

Ivory has been getting consistent usage with Fournette (targets+carries = 11, 10, 8, 12, 8, 12).  I'd bet he'd slide right in as 3-down workhorse if Fournette is out, with TJ occasional COP.

Edited by FootyFan
4 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Thinking about picking this guy to start him at my flex in place of Mixon. Hmmm...

Yep. Im thinking startin him and Fournette this week Last weeks performance by them could definitely repeat again @ Indy (2nd worst D @RBs). Obvious they dont trust Blake to throw downfield, Ivory could see more dumpoffs out of the backfield. 

5 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

looking at that replay i would have thought sprained or twisted ankle.  would have guess hammy, or some kind of hyper-extension.  don't see the part where he rolls his ankle at all. it looks more like he took a too long of a stride and his foot was caught

from usa today:

Jacksonville Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette says his ankle feels good and he "most definitely" will be healthy enough to play Sunday at Indianapolis.

Fournette missed a second consecutive practice Thursday because of a sprained right ankle. The rookie expects to do "cutting and stuff" Friday before coach Doug Marrone decides his status against the Colts