NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Ivory 2017 Outlook

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Its not cause fournette is do much better than ivory.

Fournette id do to much better than ivory.

Fournette drew comparisons to Bo Jackson and Adrian Peterson from scouts.  I mean, Ivory is a nice RB.  Fournette is an eye-popping freak.

Opponent has Fournette so I picked up Ivory. I don't even think I can find a way to play him although I want to so bad. I think Ivory will have a solid week if Fournette sits. Do you guys think the Jags will continue to use him in the pass game?

16 minutes ago, jspeed said:

Fournette id do to much better than ivory.

Fournette drew comparisons to Bo Jackson and Adrian Peterson from scouts.  I mean, Ivory is a nice RB.  Fournette is an eye-popping freak.

Meh

The oline looks like the eye-popping freaks.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Meh

The oline looks like the eye-popping freaks.

C'mon, just because you're a Henry nuthugger doesn't mean you have to be blind to the obvious.

16 minutes ago, Squidward said:

Opponent has Fournette so I picked up Ivory. I don't even think I can find a way to play him although I want to so bad. I think Ivory will have a solid week if Fournette sits. Do you guys think the Jags will continue to use him in the pass game?

curious who you would start over Ivory if Fournette is sitting this weeks matchup is so juicy against IND.  Ivory would seem to inherit all of Fournette's touches if he sits.  seems to me it is a potential game changer start here, could win you a week if the star align.

Just now, kdko said:

C'mon, just because you're a Henry nuthugger doesn't mean you have to be blind to the obvious.

School me.

I like learning. 

Is ivory better in pass pro?  Is he better at catching the ball? 

I understand that ivory is injury prone and thats why his violent style is best suited as a cop back. I also understand that the jags drafted fournette to be the man and are feeding him as such.

I also understand that the jags were a dumpster fire last year and with a new oline this year and a better defense the running game looks better and fournette has been the beneficiary of that but im not obtuse enough to believe that fournette would have done any better than Ivory last year in those circumstances.

2 minutes ago, Panthor said:

curious who you would start over Ivory if Fournette is sitting this weeks matchup is so juicy against IND.  Ivory would seem to inherit all of Fournette's touches if he sits.  seems to me it is a potential game changer start here, could win you a week if the star align.

not only that, but the extra salt in the wound to the Fournette owner (as your opponent) is damn near too good to let slide.  this is magick foosball kismet ?

not to get to crazy with hype but based on the matchup you are talking about a potential top 5 fantasy day for Ivory if Fournette doesn't play.  no way to sit him unless your starters are like Zeke against SF or Henry (assuming Murray sits) against CLE

1 minute ago, leesanity7 said:

That... uh..... yeah...

Thought they’d be smarter with their prized rookie and his chronic ankle issue and spell him more with a talented back like Ivory 

Instead, they stupidly ran him into the ground and he’s now likely out. Either way - glad I have Ivory 

24 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

School me.

I like learning. 

I understand that ivory is injury prone and thats why his violent style is best suited as a cop back. I also understand that the jags drafted fournette to be the man and are feeding him as such.

I also understand that the jags were a dumpster fire last year and with a new oline this year and a better defense the running game looks better and fournette has been the beneficiary of that but im not obtuse enough to believe that fournette would have done any better than Ivory last year in those circumstances.

Oh c'mon.  Taking away all credit from Fournette and ceding it to the line.  Fournette is a genetic freak, and generational talent.  Henry wouldn't be performing like him behind this very same line, to draw a comparison.

Obviously, I want Ivory to start because I own him, but I think Fournette should sit out this game, considering they have a bye next week. Ankle has bothered him in college too, and yeah, he's a tough guy, but it wouldn't hurt to spend two weeks healing. 

Better for his ROS, better for me even for just this week, better for everyone. Papa John's.

23 minutes ago, kdko said:

Oh c'mon.  Taking away all credit from Fournette and ceding it to the line.  Fournette is a genetic freak, and generational talent.  Henry wouldn't be performing like him behind this very same line, to draw a comparison.

Hahaha, yeah right.

Im not taking all credit from fournette, he has performed above expectation this year no doubt about that. I havent even brought henry up and dont want to derail this thread so ill leave that one out.

Simply put, ivory will be equally as successful in a lead back role for Jacksonville if Fournette needs to rest up this week.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
2 minutes ago, WaiverHero said:

Is it likely Fournette is going to sit?

I'm going against the Fournette owner and I picked up Ivory just in case anything crazy happens.

Missed practice all week, did some light running, questionable and a game time decision.

Gotta wait it out and be ready to make a move of he is a suprise inactive

2 hours ago, Panthor said:

I have Melvin Gordon and Freeman so it's hard to bench them for Ivory. I want to play Ivory so bad if he starts though!

Huge fan of Ivory. Saints were known as as a finesse team in 2010-11. But when this man came in....he was a physical beast. Fond memories of him. 

I'd love to drink my half priced pitchers at hooters and watch him run again. 

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

School me.

I like learning. 

Maybe this is the LSU fan coming out in me, but no more than the Bama fan coming out in you, lol...Fournette is a good blocker. He always was at LSU. And I frankly don't get the knock on his hands because he always had good hands at LSU. But you know as a Bama fan that Les and Cam were terrible and didn't take advantage of his receiving abilities. 

Fournette is stronger and faster. He can run through you or run by you. He is more athletic, quicker, more nimble. As a Saints fan, I like Ivory, but he's not a better runner or overall RB than Fournette. That's just your LSU hate coming out :D

I guess we shouldn't recognize Emmitt Smith as the all-time rushing leader because he played behind one of the besr and nastiest OLs of all time? Any old injury-prone journeyman RB could have had the same success, right? 

14 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Huge fan of Ivory. Saints were known as as a finesse team in 2010-11. But when this man came in....he was a physical beast. Fond memories of him. 

I'd love to drink my half priced pitchers at hooters and watch him run again. 

Unfortunately, his body isn't built to withstand his running style.