NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Ivory 2017 Outlook

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

OK - weren't three (LF, Ivory, Grant) active for all previous games?

dunno why that (three active) is pertinent - every team dresses at least that much every week. 

LF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Grant> Ivory>Yeldon. That's why.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand some of the thinking in this thread.  You pick up Ivory for EXACTLY SITUATIONS LIKE THIS ONE.  Meaning, Fournette is injured.  If you're going to go through all the hand wringing and wondering if you should start him, then why do you even own him in the first place?  He is the starter, and he is playing the Colts, who have given up the fourth most RB points this season.  Not sure why it is so difficult.

So is there doubt with Chris ivory splitting snaps today? Roto says Corey grant takes 3rd down work, which doesn't make sense considering 9 catches and a receiving TD last week...

Ugh, wish I could start him with confidence, but it'd be over PPR Christian McCaffrey... Need some serious points this week...

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

I don't understand some of the thinking in this thread.  You pick up Ivory for EXACTLY SITUATIONS LIKE THIS ONE.  Meaning, Fournette is injured.  If you're going to go through all the hand wringing and wondering if you should start him, then why do you even own him in the first place?  He is the starter, and he is playing the Colts, who have given up the fourth most RB points this season.  Not sure why it is so difficult.

This!!

5 minutes ago, CooL said:

if you look through the thread it's the same 1-2 people acting like he isn't worth a start. everyone else realizes this is an excellent plug and play spot for him.

42 minutes ago, jspeed said:

Wow really? 

Well, it's completely obvious that Fournette is crazy good.  If Ivory runs for 300 yards and 4 TDs today he still goes back to his old job of keeping Fournette under 25 touches per game.  

Obviously, jags chose their future but ivory is still really good himself.

4 hours ago, martinjlm said:

LF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Grant> Ivory>Yeldon. That's why.

Yep. It was easy to see because the same thing happened all last year with the same personnel.

I'll admit that RBBC order was wrong though. LOL.

Edited by martinjlm

Anyone know when that fumble happened?  Before Yeldon got carries?

Yeldon hadn't suited up all year. And who would've thought Bortles would throw for 330 yards?  

He still was the right play(at least for my team) as he out scored my other choices at flex(besides dion Lewis) and he also got 17 carries!

8 minutes ago, boom o bust said:

Yeldon hadn't suited up all year. And who would've thought Bortles would throw for 330 yards?  

He still was the right play(at least for my team) as he out scored my other choices at flex(besides dion Lewis) and he also got 17 carries!

No, Yeldon was worked in from the beginning.

5 minutes ago, boom o bust said:

Mid game after they were already splitting.  Looked to me like a ~2/1 split was the plan.  Doesn't really matter now matter because Fournette will be back after the bye