NBC Sports Edge Forums

Enes Kanter 2017-18 Season Outlook

6 minutes ago, BlueMeteor said:

Why doesn't he get more minutes? Easily one of if not my most efficient players for the amount of time he gets. Even at okc he deserved more minutes

because his def suck

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't see this as a plus to his usage/value. I'm confused... There are so many centers, let alone the fact that's where porzingis should play.

Uhhhhh he was not on the Kicks when I made that post, dude...

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

his D is still sub-par, but from all accounts he's putting in more effort defensively now. and it shows on the court. sure he still looks like a buffoon on D but you gotta love that effort level. :D

fantasy-wise he remains as a pts-rebs-shooting %s type of big. but the volume is better now because the knicks are playing him more. even on quiet days like this one, he's still a lock for 24 minutes.

and fwiw, he's a big key to Kristaps' emergence as well. they have a nice thing going on, especially offensively. even on D, they're doing better than expected (but mostly because the expectations were probably way too low LOL).

Edited by rameshdataya
14 hours ago, Hunter Cat said:

knicks seem to do better when kanter gets mins..don't know why he can't get 28+ nightly 

Kanter has cleared 30 min per game in a season one time in his career. There is a reason for that. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Kanter has cleared 30 min per game in a season one time in his career. There is a reason for that. 

You mean because he was developed on the international scene before not playing a minute in college and then developing on the fly in the NBA for a defensive first franchise? Just playing....it is obvious it is the defense. He never cracked 30 minutes, he just cracked that mark once after he was dealt to the Thunder over the last third of the season.

He made sense with the Thunder on the second unit. He made sense being limited with the Jazz and then being passed over in favor of Gobert and Favors. The main difference is this Knicks team doesn't have the offensive makeup/depth/skill of the Thunder and the defensive mindset and personnel of the Jazz. Watching KP and Enes work within the Knicks offense is actually somewhat pleasant to watch. This Knicks team has limited potential. I don't think they have the luxury of choosing defense and offense and need to go with one or the other. Enes has been nice to watch with KP on offense and most importantly they were vibing and winning. I don't think the depth will allow him to crack 30 mpg, but he should get healthy minutes to the point where he can help FG% and boards. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, WFK said:

Damn.. I really want this guy on my team, but I don't want to give up a legit 4th rounder for him. Would Kanter owners here accept something less for him with the way he has been playing?

Which players did you have in mind? It's hard without a comparison in mind.

16 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Which players did you have in mind? It's hard without a comparison in mind.

Well, I don't want to turn this thread into the AC forum, but would you accept a proven mid-rounder? 

3 hours ago, WFK said:

Well, I don't want to turn this thread into the AC forum, but would you accept a proven mid-rounder? 

Not ac...but for comparison sakes...I was offered Tyreke for him and turned it down, because everything about Tyreke seems fluky.  But, Tyreke is solid mid-round value. 

• Like 1

I what sort of league is he dropped? Like seriously... I know this is often commented by people on borderline 12-team players to show that they're in a deep or competitive league... But Kanter is ranked 39th in per game value in 9 cat, and 46th in total value in 9 cat. There is honestly not a single reason why he should have been dropped.

• Thanks 1