Brook Lopez 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

playing like Jennifer lopez

Well it wasn't from crashing the boards. Can tell you that much. 

Nets were 1st in pace last year

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Kaboom said:

I didn't see a blurb about this, but apparently he has some kind of back injury and might miss part of the preseason. The Bogut signing makes a lot more sense with this news. Cause for concern?

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/09/18/andrew-bogut-to-sign-1-year-deal-with-lakers/

Well it wasn't from crashing the boards. Can tell you that much. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
4 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

I'm not too worried about it. they specifically said "pre season" and BroLo has been relatively healthy the last 2-3 years

Yep he has played 72+ games 4 of the past 5 years.  I am more concerned with how well he will mesh with Ball, Ingram, and Randle.  Those guys like to run a lot not sure how Brook will adjust to that pace.

3 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Yep he has played 72+ games 4 of the past 5 years.  I am more concerned with how well he will mesh with Ball, Ingram, and Randle.  Those guys like to run a lot not sure how Brook will adjust to that pace.

Nets were 1st in pace last year

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

I'm not too worried about it. they specifically said "pre season" and BroLo has been relatively healthy the last 2-3 years

8 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

how does being healthy in the past negate a current injury?

idk, back problems on big men are certainly something to be leery of

I like his upside in the scoring cats (pts,fg,ft) because of the PnR/P's with Lonzo plus he should split time with Bogut as a rim protector (blocks) in addition to his ability as a floor spacer.

My concerns are how much time and usage he'll get down the line and his meh rebounding (which fantasy owners know well).

Question marks about his durability and being traded to a worse situation are up in the air but I wouldn't let him slide past the mid 40s

31 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Because it there is a difference in the severity of a recurring injury and new injuries. 

obviously lol....but this is a back injury on a 7 footer...

to totally disregard it becuase he doesnt have an injury is foolish...thats not to say dont draft him....but do so knowing the risk

• 3 weeks later...

20 pts 6 reb 1 3pm 2 ast 2 stocks poor fg% money at the line

Add 1.5 more 3pm and it's exactly the kind of line I expect from Brolo this year. Glad to see the 19 fga. Deandre made all his post ups tough today he'll do better on those and of course hopefully a few more treys drop. The rest is as advertised.