Brook Lopez 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

playing like Jennifer lopez

Well it wasn't from crashing the boards. Can tell you that much. 

Nets were 1st in pace last year

Posted Images

At some point Walton has to look himself in the mirror and ask why a perrenial all-star caliber player is playing like absolute SH&% under his command! This is not a good look for Walton.. AT ALL! Let me tell you something.. Brook Lopez didn't suddenly forget how to play basketball!  F YOU Walton!

• Like 3
Just now, richg24 said:

please ******** trade him. luke walton must be the dumbest coach in the entire league. i'm so glad i picked up nance he looks like he will be better than brolo, how sad is that 

He does have a 22m expiring contract but since the Lakers are trying to hit it big in FA next year I doubt he is traded. His contract is valuable to them but he isnt.

6 minutes ago, MNDOGG said:

At some point Walton has to look himself in the mirror and ask why a perrenial all-star caliber player is playing like absolute SH&% under his command! This is not a good look for Walton.. AT ALL! Let me tell you something.. Brook Lopez didn't suddenly forget how to play basketball!  F YOU Walton!

What is so weird is I have read articles about how Brook is happy and it was his childhood dream to play for the Lakers.

I mean how can he be happy with Luke jerkin him around? I guess he must know it's a one and done situation for him and then he can go where he wants. Not good for us who has him in fantasy this year but it is what it is. I am making peace with it now.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

What is so weird is I have read articles about how Brook is happy and it was his childhood dream to play for the Lakers.

I mean how can he be happy with Luke jerkin him around? I guess he must know it's a one and done situation for him and then he can go where he wants. Not good for us who has him in fantasy this year but it is what it is. I am making peace with it now.

He is probably enjoying the LA lifestyle .. and doesnt give a rats a#$ about winning or playing his best..

Cannot believe i'm seriously contemplating dropping my 4th pick. I can deal with guys in bad shooting slumps, slowly recovering from injuries or struggling for confidence, but it doesn't matter how good you are when you are in a 4-way time share and are getting 14 minutes a night, what a complete joke.

If they really don't want him, surely they could move him for a few picks or young assets to a contender.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, JStyles said:

Cannot believe i'm seriously contemplating dropping my 4th pick. I can deal with guys in bad shooting slumps, slowly recovering from injuries or struggling for confidence, but it doesn't matter how good you are when you are in a 4-way time share and are getting 14 minutes a night, what a complete joke.

If they really don't want him, surely they could move him for a few picks or young assets to a contender.

It is painful but foul trouble really limited him yesterday. Also Luke is a joke. He plays offensive with only a few rules for his young team as if they have the bbiq of the warriors. They are never going to get better. 

3 hours ago, JStyles said:

I feel exactly the same and I seriously would consider him being the one I drop if like another situation happens where a major long term injury opens up playing time for a Jaylen Brown/Dinwiddie player on the WW where you know they will produce with the added role for an extended period.

I know 100% in my league tho someone would use their waiver claim on Lopez for sure if I were to drop him so that is why I am not doing anything drastic right now.

For now since I am in Roto, I am going to just sit him on my bench, be patient even though I don't necessarily believe things are going to turn around, but nevertheless watch it play out because there really isn't anyone that can do what he does on the WW - points blocks threes.

When Lopez plays more than 21 minutes lakers are 8-5... walton needs to play him more and get some consistency going with these rotations..

yeah i get it he's not as mobile with spread out 5s, but he guards the paint well enough to get more than 21 minutes!! cmon man!

On 11/28/2017 at 4:31 AM, Lakers_Fan2 said:

It is painful but foul trouble really limited him yesterday. Also Luke is a joke. He plays offensive with only a few rules for his young team as if they have the bbiq of the warriors. They are never going to get better. 

Foul trouble :lol: dude plays in the teens, who cares if he gets 5 fouls in the first quarter, its not like he is gonna play a lot of minutes. 

This dude isn't even 30 yet, but it feels like he's 34 or so. His per 36 is fairly close to his glory days, but aside from the obvious lack of run in Walton's system, there is one big flaw in his game. Lopez should never have started shooting the three ball. Look at his FG% and Reb decline since he started chucking the long ball last year. I believe the addition of 1+ 3PG has at least been offset by the corresponding drop in FG% and rebounding (as he's often out of position for OREB and getting half of his career avg there). Yuck.

Wow, been watching Brook Lopez since he was a rookie and he was a fantasy stud for the last 5 years (when healthy) and especially the last 3 years when he played at least 72 games in a season. This is sad, Walton really does not know how to use him and the funny thing is that BroLo is their best overall player. I knew he wouldn't be as good on the Lakers as he was on the Nets which is why I chose not to keep him for this season, but I didn't think it would be this bad. At this point you really wont get anything for him unless you are looking for people like Spencer Dinwiddle or Jonathan Simmons or something. No one in their right mind will give you a top 100 player for Brook Lopez right now.

1 hour ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Wow, been watching Brook Lopez since he was a rookie and he was a fantasy stud for the last 5 years (when healthy) and especially the last 3 years when he played at least 72 games in a season. This is sad, Walton really does not know how to use him and the funny thing is that BroLo is their best overall player. I knew he wouldn't be as good on the Lakers as he was on the Nets which is why I chose not to keep him for this season, but I didn't think it would be this bad. At this point you really wont get anything for him unless you are looking for people like Spencer Dinwiddle or Jonathan Simmons or something. No one in their right mind will give you a top 100 player for Brook Lopez right now.

I think that’s a little extreme. There is not 100 players more I’d rather have than Brolo. He is tradeable just most owners including myself don’t want to trade a guy for peanuts who can and has been a pretty good player previous years and this year.  

3 hours ago, SuperHans said:

I think that’s a little extreme. There is not 100 players more I’d rather have than Brolo. He is tradeable just most owners including myself don’t want to trade a guy for peanuts who can and has been a pretty good player previous years and this year.  

Lakers wont make the playoffs and if they are they are certainly not acting like they are. They are sitting their best player 20 games or whatever it is into the season to develop their young players. You think BroLo is going to all of a sudden get 30 mins or more in 2018? If hes getting stiffed this early, then don't be delusional.