NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brook Lopez 2017-2018 Season Outlook

As of right now hes too good with a great track record to be dropped. Maybe you can get lucky and fleece an owner. But I wouldn't want Lopez unless I trade him for a waiver wire pickup that's good right now for him and know has no track record. Basically I will take the risk for a waiver wire pickup with more this season potential thank than him so far and hope BroLo does better than give up a proven consistent player. 4th round 5th round whatever round you guys got him in, I would obviously say stay and keep him for now, but this is sad and not looking like anything is going to change.

EDIT: For those who will assume, I will trade someone like Justin forgot his name on the Chicago Bulls who I think will finish with better value to get for my team Brook Lopez just for the rest that hes still that guy because from what I have seen from Walton, Lopez is not going to be Lopez this season.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

playing like Jennifer lopez

Well it wasn't from crashing the boards. Can tell you that much. 

Nets were 1st in pace last year

Posted Images

1 hour ago, affliction said:

I wouldn't trade Spencer Dintiddlywinks for this guy

You best not.

Tiddlywinks has been posting 3rd round value in 9-cat over the last couple of weeks while BroLo's a 9th rounder (whopping 21 MPG). :(

At least I was able to snag Lauri/Collins/Tiddlywinks off the waiver to make myself feel better about the utter waste that has been BroLo.

• Like 1

Anyone saying this guy is trash or a bust, it's just not true.  This is 100% all on Walton.  Lopez has even had some solid games in 19-20 minutes, but he has put up top 40-50 value in the stretches where Walton has actually played him.  Check the game logs where he has played 25+ minutes a night...almost every line has been above average or better.  What kind of numbers would Durant or KAT or Russ put up if they only played 15 minutes a night (I know they are all better than Brook)?  The point is is that no one would be complaining if the Lakers had a coach who gave up 25-30 minutes a night because Brook would be living up to (or exceeding) his ADP.  None of us could have predicted an all star caliber C on a rebuilding team with not a lot of talented would get shafted by his terrible coach.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

Anyone saying this guy is trash or a bust, it's just not true.  This is 100% all on Walton.  Lopez has even had some solid games in 19-20 minutes, but he has put up top 40-50 value in the stretches where Walton has actually played him.  Check the game logs where he has played 25+ minutes a night...almost every line has been above average or better.  What kind of numbers would Durant or KAT or Russ put up if they only played 15 minutes a night (I know they are all better than Brook)?  The point is is that no one would be complaining if the Lakers had a coach who gave up 25-30 minutes a night because Brook would be living up to (or exceeding) his ADP.  None of us could have predicted an all star caliber C on a rebuilding team with not a lot of talented would get shafted by his terrible coach.

so true... well, a guy of BroLo's caliber simply can't get lost whole season so we should be hoping he gets his thing back(or hope for the Lakers to lose 15 in a row and Walton gets fired, maybe? lol) 

14 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

Brook Lopez is the best player on that team. Walton just doesn't want to play him and wants to develop young players. Brook Lopez is 29 years old coming off a year where he averaged 20.5 ppg. He is in his prime and is being treated like a 39 year old player coming off a 9.5 ppg season. 

Incredible how dumb Walton is. Let's just hope that either Brook or randle is traded at the deadline. Brook is getting paid 20 mil a year to play 20 min per game and like the above poster said, he is only 29 and he is 100% healthy. New lesson learned - don't spend a top 5 pick on a guy that is gonna be playing on a new team unless its a superstar player, never know how they will be used. 

Edited by richg24
1 hour ago, richg24 said:

Incredible how dumb Walton is. Let's just hope that either Brook or randle is traded at the deadline. Brook is getting paid 20 mil a year to play 20 min per game and like the above poster said, he is only 29 and he is 100% healthy. New lesson learned - don't spend a top 5 pick on a guy that is gonna be playing on a new team unless its a superstar player, never know how they will be used. 

I don't own Brook Lopez but I am in a keeper league and I did keep him for 2 years. I decided not to keep him this season because I thought going from a bad team with basically no future as the Nets have no draft picks until 2019 to a bad team with a lot of young players that have been rebuilding for a couple of years now and is a storied franchise, Lopez was not going to be a top 30 player like hes been the last 3 years, but I did think he would at least be top 50-60. THIS IS SAD.

12 hours ago, JaydensGuys said:

Thats what the lakers get for not playing lopez at the end, no one boxed out green and they lost a game winning rebound.. Too bad..

GS has their small ball death lineup in at the end of game......so obviously Lopez wasnt going to see the floor...

4 hours ago, lacit1707 said:

GS has their small ball death lineup in at the end of game......so obviously Lopez wasnt going to see the floor...

Wouldnt bring in your big rebounding guy just for the rebound on the freethrows then sub him straight out, given they were going to use a timeout as soon as the shot was either made or missed.. theyre silly, from memory they had lonzo in there

I guess his value is so low right now, you can't trade him so anything good. SMH

I should have traded him when he did well in couple games this year for Lou Williams. Who would have known he becomes this bad.

1 hour ago, JaydensGuys said:

Have we reached droppable here yet, theres honestly no proof the guys situation will change and it doesnt help that randle, nance and kuzma keep balling out

For me it's very close to a droppable situation since his trade value is so low although like I have said on here before I know in my league he will get scooped up with a waiver claim if I drop. 

There really doesn't appear to be a light at the end of the tunnel if he remains on this team and multiple people don't get injured. And this isn't due to him falling off talent wise because when he has gotten the minutes he produced this year and they won games. That fact is why I still hold but this coach is a moron who thinks the GS model works with any roster. Is he ever going to consistently give him minutes? It is looking unlikely. 

And now I know these past few games that Lopez has just sucked, but I believe it is all confidence related because he knows his minutes are being jerked around and he is not valued there.

It just sucks because I have never dropped a pick this high (5th round) that was not due to injury ever. But I am reeeeeeeaaaaly close to pulling the trigger if the WW pickup has long term value.

7 minutes ago, JaydensGuys said:

Im thinking a good area to be dropping for (if available) or trading for is possibly portis, mirotic (if traded), kanter, john collins ?

never do one of those trades. brook will have better value than them i guarantee you that