Brook Lopez 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

playing like Jennifer lopez

Well it wasn't from crashing the boards. Can tell you that much. 

Nets were 1st in pace last year

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, affliction said:

He just needs 25 mins a night but your rolling the dice when you start him thanks to luke 

See that is the issue because we know he is not going to get 25 minutes a night. Even if and when they trade Randle he probably still wouldn't get 25 minutes a night consistently. And that won't be until around late Jan/Feb.

By that time how many WW pickups I would be missing out on that could have been valuable waiting on Luke and his idiotic rotations. My only droppable players right now is him and Favors, who I want to wait a little to see what happens with Gobert back.

It is a lost cause at this point. This is what he is now because of Luke. I probably will be dropping this week. Let him be someone else's problem.

9 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

See that is the issue because we know he is not going to get 25 minutes a night. Even if and when they trade Randle he probably still wouldn't get 25 minutes a night consistently. And that won't be until around late Jan/Feb.

By that time how many WW pickups I would be missing out on that could have been valuable waiting on Luke and his idiotic rotations. My only droppable players right now is him and Favors, who I want to wait a little to see what happens with Gobert back.

It is a lost cause at this point. This is what he is now because of Luke. I probably will be dropping this week. Let him be someone else's problem.

I'll wait until the trade deadline to be safe (and there really isnt anyone worth dropping him for in my league) but I'm sure he won't be moved because the Lakers value his 22m expiring deal. He is droppable sadly.

3 hours ago, affliction said:

I'll wait until the trade deadline to be safe (and there really isnt anyone worth dropping him for in my league) but I'm sure he won't be moved because the Lakers value his 22m expiring deal. He is droppable sadly.

He's not droppable. He is still producing almost 2 blocks per game. on certain nights that he gets more minutes for whatever reason he has the potential to put up 15 and 5 + with blocks and 3s which you won't find on the wire, except maybe if the hype comes through with a guy like Jonathan Isaac. He should not be dropped for scrubs like siakam like people are doing.

Even last night, although not a good game. 10 pts 5 rebs, 1 tripple and 2 blocks. that is better than wire guys produce that's for sure (at least in 12 team+)

Edited by richg24
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, affliction said:

It's not Lopez that we owners need to get traded; it's Randle.

• Like 1
Just now, jay14bay said:

It's not Lopez that we owners need to get traded; it's Randle.

Our luck Luke will just deploy a duo of Zubac/Bogut to absorb Randles minutes or something more plausible, run Nance at the 5 and go small with Kuz at the 4.

30 minutes ago, richg24 said:

He's not droppable. He is still producing almost 2 blocks per game. on certain nights that he gets more minutes for whatever reason he has the potential to put up 15 and 5 + with blocks and 3s which you won't find on the wire, except maybe if the hype comes through with a guy like Jonathan Isaac. He should not be dropped for scrubs like siakam like people are doing.

Even last night, although not a good game. 10 pts 5 rebs, 1 tripple and 2 blocks. that is better than wire guys produce that's for sure (at least in 12 team+)

He's not wrong.  Take away the name and look at the stats. Of course upside seems limited. 

8 minutes ago, Lakers_Fan2 said:

He's not wrong.  Take away the name and look at the stats. Of course upside seems limited. 

What do you mean limited upside?  His upside is BKN Brook, which was a top 20-40 player.  

The Lakers moving on from Randle is one of the most obvious trades in the league.  They want to have all the cap room they can handle next year, so they won't want to compete with other teams when it's time ti re-sign him.  It's either move him now (hopefully, for a pick) or get nothing and watch him walk.  If a trade happens, there are 20+ extra minutes to go around in the LA frontcourt. Sure, that will probably be split between several players, but if Brook can get to 28-30 minutes per night, he will be a very valuable player. As rich pointed out, even in limited minutes, he already has value.  Strong hold imo.  If you can trade him for someone decent that's an option, but dropping is out of the question.

1 hour ago, richg24 said:

46 minutes ago, jay14bay said:

What do you mean limited upside?  His upside is BKN Brook, which was a top 20-40 player.  

The Lakers moving on from Randle is one of the most obvious trades in the league.  They want to have all the cap room they can handle next year, so they won't want to compete with other teams when it's time ti re-sign him.  It's either move him now (hopefully, for a pick) or get nothing and watch him walk.  If a trade happens, there are 20+ extra minutes to go around in the LA frontcourt. Sure, that will probably be split between several players, but if Brook can get to 28-30 minutes per night, he will be a very valuable player. As rich pointed out, even in limited minutes, he already has value.  Strong hold imo.  If you can trade him for someone decent that's an option, but dropping is out of the question.

Sure he has had value on some nights, but on this team, he has limited upside.  He is not going to reach BK Lopez. He is not going to get 28-30 minutes per night. 

Even if Randle is traded, who says any of those extra minutes are going to Brook.  More than likely they are going to Nance, Kuzma, maybe even Bogut or Zubac.  Luke is stupid.  It is going to take multiple injuries or both a trade and an injury for him to consistently get 28-30 minutes.  Look what happened when Nance went down - did he consistently get 28-30 minutes? No. 

This is pretty much a lost cause situation.  I would never drop him for scrubs/players like Siakam.  But Brook's value is very low and he is untradeable right now.  He is still sitting on my bench, but dropping him I am sorry is not out of the question anymore (I am in a 10 team Roto league).

1 minute ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Sure he has had value on some nights, but on this team, he has limited upside.  He is not going to reach BK Lopez. He is not going to get 28-30 minutes per night. 

Even if Randle is traded, who says any of those extra minutes are going to Brook.  More than likely they are going to Nance, Kuzma, maybe even Bogut or Zubac.  Luke is stupid.  It is going to take multiple injuries or both a trade and an injury for him to consistently get 28-30 minutes.  Look what happened when Nance went down - did he consistently get 28-30 minutes? No. 

This is pretty much a lost cause situation.  I would never drop him for scrubs/players like Siakam.  But Brook's value is very low and he is untradeable right now.  He is still sitting on my bench, but dropping him I am sorry is not out of the question anymore (I am in a 10 team Roto league).

I am in a H2H 14 teamer, so we are speaking different dialects.

Agreed that Luke is.. umm "confusing" with his rotations.  But I disagree on minutes; I think there is a realistic scenario where Brook gets to 28-30 mpg. Either a trade or injury.  Until then I am content with spot starts and some frustrating lines.  Even in those, he can chip in blocks and threes.

In this discussion we also shouldn't forget how Brook has been playing pretty terribly.  It's been a mixture of missed shots (both in the post and open threes) and silly early fouls. This has impacted his minutes, since Luke doesn't just give set players set minutes, he tries to feel out the game and play the hot player.  Anyways, just another reason for me that he is a hold.

I was planning on holding to the bitter end but managed to package him with Favors for Tobias Harris and Gortat. May end up losing some value overall but couldn't deal with the frustration. Sorry guys, I'm off this roller coaster!

21 minutes ago, jay14bay said:

I think there is a realistic scenario where Brook gets to 28-30 mpg. Either a trade or injury.  Until then I am content with spot starts and some frustrating lines.  Even in those, he can chip in blocks and threes.

The fact we have to rely on a trade or injury for him to get consistent minutes says it all.

I have no choice but to hold out. No one on the wire and my best offer in two weeks as been Gay and a 2nd rounder. I'm currently 2nd though, so I'm not sweating on it yet. His kinda like a very poor man's Smart at the minute. But those blocks and 3's are helping me out at the moment. 

Personally, I would hold out onto him. 

Serena Winters @SerenaWinters
FollowFollow @SerenaWinters
More

With the task of guarding Joel Embiid, expect to see more of Andrew Bogut tonight, Luke Walton says.

3:40 PM - 7 Dec 2017

So if Bogut is going to play more, unless Luke is more of a moron than I already think he is, I would think Lopez will play more than the 16 MINUTES he played against the Sixers last time to guard Embiid.

I still haven't dropped Lopez because as I thought about it more, he is still getting good blocks (which I need) despite the minutes issue and there is no one on the WW with his potential for points, blocks, and threes when he is getting starter minutes.

Luke, prove us wrong, don't be as stupid as we think you are.  Play your best player starter minutes like a normal coach.

I dont quite understand why anyone here would drop Lopez for anything on the WW unless you are in the shallowest of leagues. Yes his usage has been terrible but he will always put up enough value to keep. Also there is just too much upside to drop.

Hard as hell watching him play. This dude looks terrible and it looks like it hurts whenever he shoots lol. I just play him when I don't have a full squad going, don't watch the game, and enjoy the trickled in blocks/3s. I have Zinger, so I keep him to compliment his stats.

• Like 1