NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Brook Lopez 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Kaboom

1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Lopez definitely has trade value, it's more so there isn't a trade that makes much sense cap wise for LA (Remember their trying to clear cap). Lopez impact in the rebound department is great as opposing C don't fair well creating second chance possession with him out on the floor as he's great boxing them out. This skill doesn't make him fantasy friendly as his owner would rather him accumulate those boards instead like Kevin Love who doesn't box out at all.

A team like the Bucks would do great with BroLo. Guys like Parker and Greek have perimeter limitations, therefore Lopez would provide even better floor spacing. Boston would be a great landing spot. Those ideas are fairly mute as cap complications are in the way giving LA's desire to clear cap.

Hit it on the head. Lakers will not move Brook or KCP unless it can literally net them PG or Bron and we all know that will not happen. 

Enjoy Brook Lopez 20-22 mins a game!! His outlook looks murky, at best.

1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Lopez definitely has trade value

To be clear  - when I used the term 'trade value', I meant the likelihood of him being considered a worthwhile and possible commodity from a contender's perspective. Would a playoff contender be both willing (as in BroLo offers them an upgrade at the center spot), AND able (salary cap etc.) to do so?

That unfortunately, isn't possible. I should have used the phrase 'Trade Likelihood'. 

A playoff contender would have to give up a first rounder in order to entice the Lakers or get an equal expiring back. I highly doubt that happens. Even if it does, does Brook's situation in a playoff contending team more favorable than the Lakers?

Would probably have to take like a torn Jokic ACL or a team starving to make the playoffs to give Brook a chance to improve his fantasy outlook, but i'd say the chances are slim to none.

1 hour ago, Trade Monster said:

Where is everyone o. Him? Are you holding on tightly hoping he can bring back the same numbers he did in Brooklyn or are you dropping him for a hot pickup like Green or Beasley?

Honestly? As a Laker fan who watches almost every game and someone who drafted him in the 4th, I’m so glad I dropped him. I know he has the potential to be very very good as shown by his previous seasons, but the problem is that he doesn’t fit into the Lakers system at all. If you watch him play, 90% of the time he’s just camping on the 3-point line and jacking up threes. If the offense runs through him I believe he can put up some amazing stats as there are very few players who can give you the combination of PTS, 3s, elite BLKS, and good FT%. However he just doesn’t fit with the fast pace of the Lakers system and if there’s someone on the waiver who you’ve been eyeing, I would drop him. With that said if there’s no one better available, you might as well take a chance on him as his ceiling is high and he should at least give you BLKS which are scarce.

Edited by siete7

16 hours ago, Trade Monster said:

Where is everyone o. Him? Are you holding on tightly hoping he can bring back the same numbers he did in Brooklyn or are you dropping him for a hot pickup like Green or Beasley?

Drafted him with my 38th pick and have held all season. He's been dreadful given his ADP but is still just about worth rostering thanks to the blocks and 3s.

Almost wish he would get a few DNP-CDs so I could finally bring myself to drop him though. Could be a tasty buy low option in drafts next season if he lands in a good situation, but this is a lost season.

2 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

Exactly, it's a matter of expectations.  Obviously, everyone who drafted him hates him this year, but meanwhile everyone is excited for Dedmon to come back.  If you'd roster Dedmon, of course you'd roster Brolo.

Yep, I've been searching for a 2nd center all season, rotating Len,Chandler,Monroe,Poetl,J. Allen, Adebayo etc.

Happy to claim Brolo off waivers.

22 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

HES BACK!

Lol no he isn't. He got hot from downtown but he had all those 3s in 3 quarters. Still only got 22 min when he was that hot which shows nothing he does will make like play him starter minutes. Lost season unless randle and nance are traded

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, blob2004 said:

is he even worth holding onto at this point?

I've still got him in a 12 teamer but dropped in a 10 teamer - he's really just taking up space.

Can't believe a top 40 performer every year would drop so low...Luke Walton is ridiculous.

I’m only holding until the trade deadline. If something happens between randle and nance, then I may hold