Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brook Lopez 2017-2018 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

playing like Jennifer lopez

Well it wasn't from crashing the boards. Can tell you that much. 

Nets were 1st in pace last year

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dapro said:

I need 3 rebounds from him tonight to win in rebound and he got none! ARghhhhh

but he gave you 10 last game which is a near miracle so we should have known he would fix it by grabbing none today

Link to post
Share on other sites

Luke Walton is such a damn idiot. Lopez is far and away their best offensive player and could average 20+ points in his sleep, especially on this crappy team. He is also a good rim protector. It should be obvious that he should be the focus of the offense, and instead, Walton tries to play a warriors-style offense without any of the talent the Warriors have. He obviously does not know how to adapt to the players on his squad and what they bring to the game. The only weakness in Lopez's game is rebounding for a guy his size. For some reason he does a good job of boxing out, and then just lets others grab the rebounds. It's really bizarre, but his brother does the same thing. I guess it's how they were taught, and it doesn't take a genius to see the problem and work on that facet of the game with them.  If Walton matched Lopez up with Randle on the court at PF, who is a better rebounder, it would be perfect. Nance is a high energy guy who should be coming of the bench, not starting. Bogut can't stay healthy for 2 games at a time. Plus Lopez and Ball can be a great PG/C combo. Lopez should easily be getting 30+ minutes a game. Yet he plays him as if they are tanking and the season just began. Walton really has no clue what he is doing out there, playing Lopez, his best player, bench minutes. Walton just got incredibly lucky that he was an assistant coach on the most talented team in league history and the game plan was already set by Steve Kerr, where Walton barely had to do a thing to get the Warriors to continue to play great. He has proven when he has complete control of a team that he doesn't have a clue what he is doing. 

Edited by magic32
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, magic32 said:

Luke Walton is such a damn idiot. Lopez is far and away their best offensive player and could average 20+ points in his sleep, especially on this crappy team. He is also a good rim protector. It should be obvious that he should be the focus of the offense, and instead, Walton tries to play a warriors-style offense without any of the talent the Warriors have. He obviously does not know how to adapt to the players on his squad and what they bring to the game. The only weakness in Lopez's game is rebounding for a guy his size. For some reason he does a good job of boxing out, and then just lets others grab the rebounds. It's really bizarre, but his brother does the same thing. I guess it's how they were taught, and it doesn't take a genius to see the problem and work on that facet of the game with them.  If Walton matched Lopez up with Randle on the court at PF, who is a better rebounder, it would be perfect. Nance is a high energy guy who should be coming of the bench, not starting. Bogut can't stay healthy for 2 games at a time. Plus Lopez and Ball can be a great PG/C combo. Lopez should easily be getting 30+ minutes a game. Yet he plays him as if they are tanking and the season just began. Walton really has no clue what he is doing out there, playing Lopez, his best player, bench minutes. Walton just got incredibly lucky that he was an assistant coach on the most talented team in league history and the game plan was already set by Steve Kerr, where Walton barely had to do a thing to get the Warriors to continue to play great. He has proven when he has complete control of a team that he doesn't have a clue what he is doing. 

 Lakers are 5-5 based on Raw talent right now. What you said is sadly truly and I hope for the remainder of the year we start to some tweaks. If the lakers start to lose badly consistently then I think we some changes but as of now Walton is doing his GSW wannabe scheme and questionable rotations. I think Lopez has earned more minutes now that he found his shooting stroke again and has a month to do some damage with no Nance. I really hope we eventually see Randle at the PF next to Lopez some point this season ,which would help both of each other fantasy stock. Lakers could simply sub out Lopez/Kuzma for Randle depending on the flow of the game and then have Nance be the 2nd big to come off the bench. I am tired of seeing Brewer or Ennis play 10-20 minutes 10 games in the season when you could have Kuzma play some SF and tighten up the rotation a bit.

 

.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Luke is an idiot, continued...

 

Check out this rotation. Brook plays 7 minutes in the first quarter. Is not seen in the entire half again. He starts him the 2nd half, plays him about the same amount in the first half, gets yanked, comes in with 6 minutes left in the game, gets yanked 2 minutes later and the Lakers lose. This is what the warriors do with Pachulia, except the difference is Pachulia is the Warriors' worst and Lopez is the Lakers' best. Mind you, Lopez was not in any foul trouble, coming off great games and the Lakers could have Really used him this game. Without Horford, he could have dominated if given the minutes.

 

And Randle, who is the perfect combo with Lopez due to his rebounding ability was barely on the court with him at the same time, if at all. Walton is literally doing the exact opposite of what he should be with the center rotation. Such a dumbass!

 

Is Magic watching this? He even said Lopez should be the main focus on offense this year. He cannot be happy with this. Why did they trade for Brook if they are gonna barely use him? Why would they give up a future star like Russel for someone that's being ignored? How is this ok?

 

 

Edited by magic32
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, magic32 said:

Luke is an idiot, continued...

 

Check out this rotation. Brook plays 7 minutes in the first quarter. Is not seen in the entire half again. He starts him the 2nd half, plays him about the same amount in the first half, gets yanked, comes in with 6 minutes left in the game, gets yanked 2 minutes later and the Lakers lose. This is what the warriors do with Pachulia, except the difference is Pachulia is the Warriors' worst and Lopez is the Lakers' best. Mind you, Lopez was not in any foul trouble, coming off great games and the Lakers could have Really used him this game. Without Horford, he could have dominated if given the minutes.

 

And Randle, who is the perfect combo with Lopez due to his rebounding ability was barely on the court with him at the same time, if at all. Walton is literally doing the exact opposite of what he should be with the center rotation. Such a dumbass!

 

Is Magic watching this? He even said Lopez should be the main focus on offense this year. He cannot be happy with this. Why did they trade for Brook if they are gonna barely use him? Why would they give up a future star like Russel for someone that's being ignored? How is this ok?

 

 

I think what it boils down to is they traded for his expiring contract moreso than him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, affliction said:

I think what it boils down to is they traded for his expiring contract moreso than him.

He is WAY too good if a player to just be used as an expiring contract. In fact, he is the best player on the entire team. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, magic32 said:

He is WAY too good if a player to just be used as an expiring contract. In fact, he is the best player on the entire team. 

 

Exactly. He's supposed to also accelerate the growth of Ball, in a sense. A big that cna finish at the rim and shoot 3s...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive been a Brooklyn nets fans all of my life and have seen Brook Lopez all of his career until this season. He wont rebound. Like others have said he does a great job of boxing someone out, even going as far as take 2-3 steps away from the basket to the person closest to him to box him out so his teammate can get the rebound. I believe he does this so he can be in a good position to either shoot the jumper or a fastbreak. It always boggled my mind why a 7ft giant would let someone 5-6 inches shorter than him average more rebounds than him but I have figured out that he just doesn't care about rebound stats. As long as his team gets the rebound, they are good. He will never hustle or throw his body trying to get one either. He either lets it go out of bounds or let the opposing team player hustle and get it and he just gets back on D. He's a great scorer though and he is clearly the best scorer on the Lakers, but it is a youth movement and Lopez is almost 30. You know Walton does not want to develop Lopez which is why there will be games he plays great and others where he will play bad because of inconsistent minutes. Just remember Laker fans, Brook Lopez bleeds Brooklyn.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...