Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brook Lopez 2017-2018 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

playing like Jennifer lopez

Well it wasn't from crashing the boards. Can tell you that much. 

Nets were 1st in pace last year

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

pretty much. They wont make the playoffs in that loaded western conference.

 

 

no they're not tanking, they don't have a pick this year. brook lopez simply isn't a part of their core moving forward. their future plans don't include him as a major piece, so there's no incentive to play him. and luke likes going with a run-n-gun line-up that includes randle as the center, and that's where randle gets most his minutes. brook just doesn't fit that build either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hunter Cat said:

 

 

no they're not tanking, they don't have a pick this year. brook lopez simply isn't a part of their core moving forward. their future plans don't include him as a major piece, so there's no incentive to play him. and luke likes going with a run-n-gun line-up that includes randle as the center, and that's where randle gets most his minutes. brook just doesn't fit that build either. 

 

We know for a fact (thanks Woj) that Randle is likely not going to be on the team next year either though. Who do you expect the Lakers see as their Center for the next couple years? LeBron?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

 

We know for a fact (thanks Woj) that Randle is likely not going to be on the team next year either though. Who do you expect the Lakers see as their Center for the next couple years? LeBron?

 

 

woj was simply speculating, so that's not a fact at all. zubac is the likely candidate as the future center in LA. which is strange, because he hasn't seen the floor at all after showing so much promise second half of his rookie season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Hunter Cat said:

 

 

no they're not tanking, they don't have a pick this year. brook lopez simply isn't a part of their core moving forward. their future plans don't include him as a major piece, so there's no incentive to play him. and luke likes going with a run-n-gun line-up that includes randle as the center, and that's where randle gets most his minutes. brook just doesn't fit that build either. 

 

thats what i dont understand either. if the talk is Randle will be gone, then playing him over Lopez isnt the reason for lopez not getting more minutes

 

4 hours ago, Hunter Cat said:

 

 

woj was simply speculating, so that's not a fact at all. zubac is the likely candidate as the future center in LA. which is strange, because he hasn't seen the floor at all after showing so much promise second half of his rookie season. 

 

another reason the lopez isnt in the future plans, as to why he isnt getting minutes....if that were the case, zubac would be playing more....so, this is just Luke being Luke and overthinking rotations

Link to post
Share on other sites

who knows why sometimes he is getting 30 mins and other times he gets 18, no point in speculating though you will just drive yourselves nuts. i think we should try to sell next time he strings 2 good games together with about 30 min played - I'm going to anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, richg24 said:

who knows why sometimes he is getting 30 mins and other times he gets 18, no point in speculating though you will just drive yourselves nuts. i think we should try to sell next time he strings 2 good games together with about 30 min played - I'm going to anyway. 

 

Honestly I am reluctant to just sell off a guy with his skill set of points blocks and threes. That was why I drafted him and I believe even with a few good games it would mean selling him too low because people know the situation.

 

At this point, I am perfectly ok with him not being Brooklyn Lopez with 20 points a game.  His blocks and threes have been good with me. If he can do 15-18 points a game, that is cool too. But just the notion of being the best player on the team and not averaging at least 28 minutes a game is ridiculous.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just find it interesting that the two leading scorers on the team - Lopez and Clarkson average 24.6 and 21.4 minutes per game respectively.  5th and 7th on the team in minutes!

 

You would think since they have no reason to tank since they don't have their pick this year that if they wanted to win more games that the best player on the team would play more, huh Coach Magic....um, sorry, Walton.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Just find it interesting that the two leading scorers on the team - Lopez and Clarkson average 24.6 and 21.4 minutes per game respectively.  5th and 7th on the team in minutes!

 

You would think since they have no reason to tank since they don't have their pick this year that if they wanted to win more games that the best player on the team would play more, huh Coach Magic....um, sorry, Walton.

 

Great points. Yet another reason why Luke is an idiot.

 

He thinks he is coaching the warriors, so he treats Lopez like he is Pachulia. It's a sign of a bad coach when instead of creating a game plan to cater to his players' talents, he doesn't adjust his game plan at all to his players' talents and just hopes his players fit into his style. What he doesn't realize is this style worked with the warriors because they are the most talented and best passing team in NBA history and this Lakers team is one of the worst teams in the league. Again, Idiot. He has a gem of a center on his squad and is COMPLETELY misusing him. Even an idiot like Kenny Atkinson realized he was F'n up early last year and started using Lopez properly eventually last year. You just gotta hope Walton will wake up like he did...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2017 at 1:25 PM, Tekno Team 2000 said:

But actually, I have a strange suspicion that these playing decisions have not been his to decide and he is being instructed to do this stuff

 

Magic anyone?

 

I don't think so. I heard Magic talking before the season began how Lopez is gonna be a VERY important part of this team. And you would think an old skool player like him would want a dominant big man being a big part of the team, especially when they have a talent like Lopez, and not defer to small ball. I think this is all Luke because he thought he was brilliant in Golden State when they played small-ball. Yeah, cause they had role player like Pachulia and had incredible talent around him. This is the opposite, he has Talented center with not much around him, yet he still is trying to coach like he did in Golden State. The problem is, he doesn't have the talent the warriors did, not even close, and he can't coach like Kerr, not even close.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...